Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 06-03-2004, 09:13 AM

Default I hate my probation officer - He called my job and got me fired

I have been on probation for almost two years and never had a problem till I moved to Boston, mass. My probation officer is a total jerk. When I did my tax return with my husband this year he said that we had to give 75 percent for restitution when I told him I hadnt worked at ALL last year so it was all my husbands income he still insisted. I refused so we had a meeting with his supervisor who agreed with me and said we didnt have to give up our tax return but I had to gain employment which I did. However, I got the job through a temp agency and when the company I was temping at offered me a job my probation officer insisted I tell them of my crime. I told my supervisor who told me to keep it between us that It wouldnt be a problem etc. but that other people wouldnt understand. However, when I told my probation officer he called my supervisor and verified I had told and then called Human REsources so I was let go!! First, I dont understand why he had to call my offense was a financial offense and I was working in a warehouse and also why did he continue to call around. Almost like he wanted me to be fired. THis man drives me nuts, can your request a new probation officer? Has anyone else had this problem. He even ran criminal records checks on my husband without his permission!!

thanks, jen
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2004, 04:47 PM
one lucky woman

This guy sounds as though he is doing everything he can to make your life miserable; I would try going over his head someway. I mean, you told your boss...he had to go the extra step and make SURE you got fired? Jeesh.

Diamond: a lump of coal that did well under pressure
Old 06-15-2004, 09:01 AM

I have a question.I have 4 years left on probation.There is no way i can pay off all my restitution in that time.What will happen to me.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:54 AM
20k posts one day..
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,073 Times in 689 Posts

Marinewife,
I'm sorry to hear about your situation but I have had a few world class jerkoff PO's while doing state time. I would suggest that you go back to that supervisor and request a transfer to another probation officer. I would also find out about filing a complaint with regards to what this person did if the supervisor said otherwise. If nothing else, I think that would be grounds for an extended non-work period.
Most importantly, I would request another PO and get away from this one. I know you can do that down here in Texas in a lot of places.

David

Are you having account or other issues at PTO? If so, use the...

Old 06-15-2004, 10:55 AM
20k posts one day..
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,073 Times in 689 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by usawit
I have a question.I have 4 years left on probation.There is no way i can pay off all my restitution in that time.What will happen to me.
Generally, they will turn it into a civil matter I believe, though some places may try and extend your probation, but only the judge can do that and if the statutory time for probation length has been reached, then their hands are tied.

Are you having account or other issues at PTO? If so, use the...

Old 06-15-2004, 11:06 AM

That really sucks, how did you know they ran a background check on your husband. And how much was the restituion for??
Old 06-17-2004, 06:44 PM

He told me later on that he had ran a background check. I didnt know you could get another probation office or file a complaint on the one you have. Im going to try that because I really feel like Im being treated unfairly. I have no problems otherwise. Thanks for the info..it really helps!!
Old 06-24-2004, 09:03 AM

Need help? Check out disabilityok.com