Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:15 AM

Default Renewal Therapeutic Housing Pittsburgh PA

Hello all. I am new to the site, I was led here after searching for information about Renewal Housing in Pittsburgh. I found one thread about it, but it was from 2008. I wondered if anyone has any recent information about it?

Here's the back story. My husband got a DUI in 2007, he got his second one in September of 2012. He entered Phoenix Court and his options are 30-60 days in jail or 30 Days in Renewal INC. Both options have work release. He wants to do Renewal, but we have a lot of questions.

My husband is self employed. He is a contractor for a construction company. He also starts his day around 6 AM. Is that ok for the work release program at Renewal? Secondly, he works in various locations all over the Pittsburgh area. He will still have his license when he is living there, so can he have his truck there?? Is there a place to park it? Otherwise, am I or his brother allowed to pick him up every morning and take him to work?

I only work part time and I know they will take a good portion of his pay, I am just really concerned about how he work release will work.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 04:30 AM
WINNING! Admin

PTOQ Editorial Team Member 

Donation Award 

Thanked 37,588 Times in 10,440 Posts

Hi doggiemama and welcome to PTO. I have moved your thread here to the Pennsylvania Parole, Probation & Release forum so that members from the area can assist you. Best of luck.

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

Old 01-19-2013, 08:40 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,656 Times in 955 Posts

The DOC link to Renewal's resident handbook is broken, but here's the link to renewal's information page. I saw a descritpion of their 'work-release" program.

http://www.renewalinc.com/topic/11-p...-services.aspx
Old 03-06-2013, 05:54 PM
<3 Love <3
Donation Award 

I am also very interested in these questions. My husband has a little ways to go, but he recently put in his request to a HWH and Renewal is the most logical place to send him. He will be coming from the federal system. We live about 20 miles from renewal and I'm curious if he can eventually get home confinement and/or apply for jobs closer to home so he can possibly get settled in to life while he is at the HWH.

Does anyone have a LO at renewal and can speak to what it is like.

I've looked that the other threads here and I'm not concerned about visits and phone calls I want to know how the HWH will help my husband get back to "normal" life.