Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:56 AM

Thanked 1,001 Times in 470 Posts
Default Which countries will accept a felon?

Maybe this question has been asked in the past, but I think it's time to again share information, since many of us have loved ones who will be deported. I have not found a way to research this issue easily. Like others who have a l.o. facing deportation, I would like to find out which countries he could immigrate to after he is returned to his country of origin (a very poor country). Does anyone have suggestions or know of web sites people can turn to for help?
The Following User Says Thank You to marie8899 For This Useful Post:
cocacola4kris (11-08-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2012, 08:21 AM
forever his

Thanked 2,177 Times in 1,199 Posts

you could try Costa Rica the person would have to wait 6 months to a yr and then get a good conduct letter from the country they were deported to.

As long as the country is not connected to the US criminal data base and the person waits 6 months to 1 yr with good conduct in the country they were deported to then they should be able to get the ok to move or travel.

Most poor or not up to speed with technology countries you will have a 6 month to 1 yr waiting period to get travel docs together anyway.

Property of Negrete!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 03:00 PM

Thanked 1,001 Times in 470 Posts
Default Which countries will accept a felon

That's hopeful! Do you know if there is a way to find out for sure which criminal data bases are connected? (I thought they all were). Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by negretelove View Post
you could try Costa Rica the person would have to wait 6 months to a yr and then get a good conduct letter from the country they were deported to.

As long as the country is not connected to the US criminal data base and the person waits 6 months to 1 yr with good conduct in the country they were deported to then they should be able to get the ok to move or travel.

Most poor or not up to speed with technology countries you will have a 6 month to 1 yr waiting period to get travel docs together anyway.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:55 PM

Brazil makes it very easy to hide your criminal history. They ask for a letter from law enforcement WHERE YOU CURRENTLY LIVE.
marie8899 (11-07-2012), negretelove (11-08-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 04:29 PM

So if US don't want you (so to speak) you simply cannot just go to another country? So it's as if you are already deported from the WORLD not just the USA? As if it is not bad enough dealing with being deported, you now have this to consider. I'd like to know what data bases there linked also, I might be in need of knowing that info as well. Anyone with that info please share, appreciate it.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacola4kris View Post
So if US don't want you (so to speak) you simply cannot just go to another country? So it's as if you are already deported from the WORLD not just the USA? As if it is not bad enough dealing with being deported, you now have this to consider. I'd like to know what data bases there linked also, I might be in need of knowing that info as well. Anyone with that info please share, appreciate it.
Not exactly,because many nations' databases are not connected with the US. I am sure the UK (my homeland) does have its relevant database connected to the USA, so do not necessarily bank on trying to get past the UK Border Agency if you have been deported from the USA.
The Following User Says Thank You to thegreatdoubter For This Useful Post:
negretelove (11-08-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 06:16 PM
forever his

Thanked 2,177 Times in 1,199 Posts

Pretty much all countries require a passport and pretty much every country issues a passport. When you get to the country you want to live/visit you will have to file for a visa/permit at that time your background will be checked.

Your passport will have all of your info from the country you are native born and rec'd the passport from. If the country you are attempting to visit or live is connected to the US data-base then your US history will come up as well. I believe Canada, Australia, and most of UK have access to the US database. Also if seeking residency some countries want to go back as far as 10 yrs for history.

My suggestion is to pick the country and contact the consulate or customs for more info

Property of Negrete!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to negretelove For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (11-09-2012), marie8899 (11-11-2012)