Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Maryland Prison Profiles Profiles and Information for Maryland Prisons is posted here.

Old 05-22-2004, 06:33 AM
Donation Award 

Default Maryland Reception, Diagnostics and Classification Center ~ MRDCC

Maryland Reception, Diagnostics and Classification Center ~ MRDCC

Address

550 East Madison Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202

410-332-0970

More Information Link

http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/locations/mrdcc.shtml

Visiting Information

Saturday and Sunday
9:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.

Any inmate may receive visits, beginning the 60 calendar days after he is received at MRDCC. Visiting for inmates will be determined by the commitment number. An inmate with a number ending with an even number (0,2,4,6,8) may receive visits on even numbered days. An inmate with a number ending with an odd number (1,3,5,7,9) may received visits on odd numbered days. Inmates may receive 4 visits per month. No more than 3 visitors, including children, may visit at any one time.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2007, 09:50 PM

what do they mean when they say its an intake faclity
Old 01-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Big Daddy's Wife

When an inmate goes into the state system, transferred usually from county, this is where they go first and get assigned their inmate # and get classified.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Lost Nephew to DWI DRIVER

Default Procedures

Hello,

I'm from the victim's side. My 23 nephew was killed by a drunk/drug driver Superbowl night 2006. I wanted to make sure he was sent to a Maryland State Prison instead of sitting in D.O.C. (Dept. of Corrections.) So I'm sorry if this isn't the right topic for this posting.

An officer from Calvert County Detention Center told me the prisoners are transferred from their facilities twice a month to Baltmore Reception Center.

They are held ROUGHLY 30 to 90 days to determine which state prison they will be sent to after evaluating their crime, sentence, behavior, mental state, etc. The 30 to 90 day is not a timeframe set in gold, which is why I said ROUGHLY.

The main state prisons are Baltimore, Cumberland (A new facility) Jessup, Hagerstown and Salisbury.

There are websites you can locate a inmate, write to inmates, etc.

I hope this has been informative.

I wish you all the best in this rough time.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Reception Center Baltimore

Do the inmates have use of a telephone while they are in this reception place in Baltimore? They moved my husband last thursday, and we have not heard from him at all. How long do they stay there? Thanks for any info. Karen
Old 02-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Big Daddy's Wife

They cannot make make phone calls. The average stay there lately seems to have been roughly 30 days. Mine was there 28 days.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:48 AM

when my baby was there he called me all the time
Old 10-23-2007, 09:52 PM
ebony and ivory

my fiance is in mrdcc and ive heard from him twice, once when he got in there and the 2nd time he had to talk to the guard because his id number didnt go thru yet, its been about 4 weeks since hes been in there, he said he should be transfered this week sometime they just gave him a trial date for his appeal and they said hes goin to trans unit in jessup i dont know what that is or anything but he did apply for boot camp
Old 10-31-2007, 09:53 AM
loving my inmate David G.

liv: do you know how much time was taken off his sentence? was he a violent or non-violent offender? did they give him 4 months for every year or 6 months? my fiance' is going to mrdcc on monday and he has heard that they are giving 6 months off for every year to non- violent offenders. i was just wanting to know.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:55 AM

Question my hunny is locked up too, i never head of this place b 4

may i ask y arent they able to make fone calls????? are they able to recieve pictures?? no nasty ones or revealing ones either...
Old 03-13-2008, 11:58 AM

Default sorry for the spelling errors

sorry for the spelling errors, but you know what i mean
Old 04-08-2008, 03:58 PM

Default New mom to this site...

Well, here I am on a site I thought as a mom I wouldn't have to be on or visit. I hope to find some friends and people/moms to relate with. My son has just began his time as of Sunday. I guess I will learn as I read other posts as to how all of this works. Bare with me. I had one min. to talk to him today to get an address for him. Not sure where he will be sent to for final stay yet. His sentence is 6 yrs.! I hear with good time that can be cut in half.??? God Bless to all who have loved ones in this situation.
Peace and Love,
jlynn57
Old 04-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Big Daddy's Wife

One way to track him besides the DOC inmate locator, is www.vinelink.com. That will tell you what facility because he will be moved from MRDCC....that is just a classification center....

Define Normal? Normal is what you know.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:00 AM
What Would Miss Jay Do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynn57 View Post
Well, here I am on a site I thought as a mom I wouldn't have to be on or visit. I hope to find some friends and people/moms to relate with. My son has just began his time as of Sunday. I guess I will learn as I read other posts as to how all of this works. Bare with me. I had one min. to talk to him today to get an address for him. Not sure where he will be sent to for final stay yet. His sentence is 6 yrs.! I hear with good time that can be cut in half.??? God Bless to all who have loved ones in this situation.
Peace and Love,
jlynn57
Hi there,

Yes, I think that we can all agree that this is one site we never wanted to be on, but so glad that it's here. If he hasn't been 'up the road' before, he may not have to serve the full 6 years (unless it was a violent offense). My honey was sentenced to 11 years, but will only end up serving a little over 4 years, as he was approved for the MAP (mutual agreement program).
Old 09-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Waiting to be in His arms

My Fiancee is at M.R.D.C.C in Baltimore only in his case He has chosen to serve his sentance there. He works every day so He usually gets the opportunity to call me once every few weeks. I;m going to go visit him for the first time. If there is anyone reading this who has been there to visit someone I would love to hear from you. I'm nervous because I'm not familiar with where it is. I've been to the transition center on Forrest Street. From what the map I looked at shows it;s close by but being that I don't live in Bmore I could use some help.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Queen is what he calls me

My fiance just left from this facility and was transferred to JCI. As far as I know they are allowed to make phone calls because he tried to call me but I didnt have that phone thing set up, which I think is a pain in the ass. They just should have left it the old way by letting them call collect. Amanda, I've only been there a couple of times, only to visit the building because he wasn't allowed to have visits yet but at least he could look out the window and see me. Anyway, if you can find E. Madison and Greenmount then that's where he is. I'm from the Eastern Shore so I'm not really familiar with the area either. Its right across from BCCC I know that. If it wasn't for my GPS I would definitely be lost.
Philippians 4:13- I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me.

My King left his Queen 08/20/08
Old 11-03-2008, 10:06 AM

Default They can make phone calls. They have to wait 48 hours..

Hi My son was transferred to MRDCC OCT 29 and he called me once there. Once they are processed it takes 48 hours to have the dept enter there phone list and they are able to call out.If you have any blocks on your phone You must call 1-800-844-6591 and they will remove it. If there is a problen with them making phone calls you can call Ms Taft at 410-727-3693 and she will handle any problems. Your not going to sentence my son for 5 years for his first time in trouble and then tell me he cant make phone calls. I dont think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCSux1 View Post
They cannot make make phone calls. The average stay there lately seems to have been roughly 30 days. Mine was there 28 days.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:17 PM

my man is there too.He says it SUX as far as prisins go. locked in 23 hours a day! I cant begin to imagine.He has a revocation hearing in about a week.hope all goes well and he doesnt have to serve out the rest of his sentence which is about 4 years I miss him so much
Old 07-10-2009, 01:48 AM

My man is at MRDCC and I got a letter yesterday asking why I havent wrote in over a week?! I've sent him 2 letters that he obviously has not recieved.I feel terrible coz the last letter he got I was kinda cussin him out for being back in jail!Now he thinks I've abandoned him!Has anyone else had this problem?Also there was money orders in both!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeslove View Post
My man is at MRDCC and I got a letter yesterday asking why I havent wrote in over a week?! I've sent him 2 letters that he obviously has not recieved.I feel terrible coz the last letter he got I was kinda cussin him out for being back in jail!Now he thinks I've abandoned him!Has anyone else had this problem?Also there was money orders in both!
My fiancee has been at MRDCC for 2 weeks now. I wrote him 2 letters, one had a money order in it, he received both letters and the money order without a problem. He has called me everyday also. They are out from 9-11 am then 1-2pm one day, then the next day they alternate being out of the cell from 6-9 pm. Hopefully, this helps!
Old 08-20-2009, 12:04 PM

Default Another heartbroken Mom

I am another heartbroken Mom, my son was sent to Baltimore yesterday and I do not know where he will be going. I am so worried and sad all of the time, it is hard for me to focus on anything. How are you coping and how do you get through each day?

nn57;3547053] Well, here I am on a site I thought as a mom I wouldn't have to be on or visit. I hope to find some friends and people/moms to relate with. My son has just began his time as of Sunday. I guess I will learn as I read other posts as to how all of this works. Bare with me. I had one min. to talk to him today to get an address for him. Not sure where he will be sent to for final stay yet. His sentence is 6 yrs.! I hear with good time that can be cut in half.??? God Bless to all who have loved ones in this situation.
Peace and Love,
jlynn57
[/quote]
Old 08-20-2009, 12:05 PM

Default Another Mother who is heartbroken

I never thought I would be on a site like this, I am so grateful for this site to find people who understand. My heart is so heavy because I miss my boy so much and worry about him constantly. Do you have trouble getting through the day?
Old 09-22-2009, 11:52 PM

Default Have questions about MRDCC...

Can you please give me some info. about this place? My bf just got there today(according to the Inmate Locator online), he transfered from a local detention center so he could get his sentence shortened. I haven't heard from him since he got there. Maybe they will let him make 1 call? The website for MRDC doesn't say anything about how to send mail, what the rules are about what you can and can't send through the mail, when I can start writing to him, etc...Don't know the first steps I need to take. Do I set up a phone account and if so, with who? CBS? T-Netix? Do I have to wait to hear from him first before I can send a letter? I keep reading all these posts and to be quite frank it makes me upset to know that I might not hear from him at all while there. (some woman say they can make calls and other women said they can't. So who do I believe??) I used the inmate located online, and it shows an ID # for him. Is this his new Inmate # for this place? Also, someone said on here that they are locked down for 23 hours each day?? Then another said they are out from 9-11 and 1-2, then 6-9 on alternate days? Which is correct? Why so many different answers on here? I gather than they all don't get treated the same? My guy is not a violent offender. Maybe this will matter in how he is treated?

From what I read from someone elses post, was that inmates can receive newspapers and puzzles while there? Is this true? Where can I find a list of the rules and regulations concerning the mail system there? I am so anxious to make sure he has stuff to do but don't know when to get started. Please, can someone answer these questions for me? Thank you so much and sorry so long...

Last edited by JoesGirl4ever; 09-23-2009 at 12:02 AM..
Old 09-23-2009, 01:20 PM

Default Ok....

Ok so my man has been at MRDCC for the past few months. He's on 3B, the working man's tier. Before I give you a rundown of what I know I need to know a few things. Is your man just there for holding until he is transferred somewhere else or will he be staying at MRDCC. Also if he does get to call you soon it is more beneficial for him to try and get onto the working man's tier if he does stay. His visits would start immediately versus the 60 wait that other inmates have. As far as lock down times it all depends on where he is going to be housed. After you get back to me with answers for my questions above I will fill you in on all the info I can.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:03 PM

Default Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesGirl4ever View Post
Can you please give me some info. about this place? My bf just got there today(according to the Inmate Locator online), he transfered from a local detention center so he could get his sentence shortened. I haven't heard from him since he got there. Maybe they will let him make 1 call? The website for MRDC doesn't say anything about how to send mail, what the rules are about what you can and can't send through the mail, when I can start writing to him, etc...Don't know the first steps I need to take. Do I set up a phone account and if so, with who? CBS? T-Netix? Do I have to wait to hear from him first before I can send a letter? I keep reading all these posts and to be quite frank it makes me upset to know that I might not hear from him at all while there. (some woman say they can make calls and other women said they can't. So who do I believe??) I used the inmate located online, and it shows an ID # for him. Is this his new Inmate # for this place? Also, someone said on here that they are locked down for 23 hours each day?? Then another said they are out from 9-11 and 1-2, then 6-9 on alternate days? Which is correct? Why so many different answers on here? I gather than they all don't get treated the same? My guy is not a violent offender. Maybe this will matter in how he is treated?

From what I read from someone elses post, was that inmates can receive newspapers and puzzles while there? Is this true? Where can I find a list of the rules and regulations concerning the mail system there? I am so anxious to make sure he has stuff to do but don't know when to get started. Please, can someone answer these questions for me? Thank you so much and sorry so long...
One more thing. Is your bf from aberdeen by any chance? Did he work for a roofing company or some kind of company with a guy named Rob?? My man was just talking to me earlier about a guy named Joe that just came in there today and they know each other. If this is the same guy and they are on the same tier then I can get in contact with him when my man calls me at 6pm and possibly do a 3way call for you. I have to make sure it's the right guy though! lol Let me know and we can set something up if so. Check your private messages for phone number and name.

Last edited by Mrs. Harper; 09-23-2009 at 02:05 PM..