Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:53 PM

Default What can I expect at the first visit?

What to expect on first time vist?

Just doing my form but would like to know
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Banned

Not sure what prison your LO is at, but I would suggest you search the forum under that specific prison. That would give you better idea, because each prison is a lil different in other ways.

As generals rules - they all follow dress codes. Some vary in their rules from institution to institution and some are more strict than others so obey by those rules. Always bring back up in the car.

Bring in a good amount of money to your visit. Food is pricy especially if you spend the full length of the visit.

Don't test the CO. Don't try to stand out for whatever reason. I've noticed some girls like to come in looking all fancy with their sexy dresses and high heels. No need for all that. You will attract the wrong attention from the cops, especially if you are able to pass the processing for the visit first.
I've seen girls attempt to come in with their long sleeve club dresses. Girl, this is not a freak show. Put on some comfy pants and top and that's enough.

Just respect the rules and enjoy the time because it really does fly by but well worth the hassle... At least for me it is.