Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oklahoma.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:24 AM

Default ARE CELL PHONE DETECTORS being provided by Prison Phone Company Contractors

Is this scenario TRUE? A RUMOR? A SICK JOKE? Are Contract Telephone Company Providers that MAKE PROFITS BY Prisoners & their families paying to use WALL PHONES inside prison facilities actually being allowed to PROVIDE CELL PHONE DETECTORS TO PRISON STAFF MEMBERS? If so, their wall phones should be disabled or removed permanently. That would remove the possible ABUSE OF SUCH ACTIONS AS: KICKBACKS, CONFLICTS OF INTEREST, POSSIBLY 'ENTRAPMENT' (SINCE FELONY CHARGES & ADDITIONAL TIME TO BE SERVED IS added to any inmates CURRENT SENTENCE, IF cell phone possession and/or use is determined) It would also get profit-driven greed established one way or another. Just how much "charitable" donation of equipment that coincidentally makes a ton of money for the Phone Company Donators would be in force IF THEIR GREED FACTOR WAS ELIMINATED BY REMOVING/DISABLING THEIR MONEY-MAKING PHONES. The Management Staff, Policy Makers, etc. are charged with "running" the prison system. I may not always agree with their decisions, but I would hope that none would delegate their decision-making duties(as to "how & what is needed" to properly, legally manage a penal institution) to a phone-company-salesman mentality attempting to suck up even more profits. I am not educated in the legal ramifications. I am however a product of Oklahoma (born in, raised in and have a deep sense of pride in my home state). If this information is "rumor" I am relieved. If not, the situation needs to be honorably corrected. We are BETTER THAN THAT !
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2012, 12:42 AM

Where did you hear this??

He is my only and forEvEr
Old 07-20-2012, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,780 Times in 10,761 Posts

Calm down!

The prisons are officially doing what they can to limit the use of illegal cell phones. It's not only their right to do so, but a safety/security issue that requires them to do it at this point. It's not about the money.

I think the plan is to use jammers, but they may be able to track, too.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:41 AM

You can trust that I agree that the prisons and the phone companies make more than enough money and in a manner that makes me sick to my stomach, however........it is simple enough for the inmates to not get more time over having a cell phone and that is simply to not have one.

They all know that it is a class X write up and now due to new legislation they can be charged with a felony if found in possession of a cell phone within the fences.

My love is doing a life sentence so we (or more aptly put, I) am stuck with paying the extortion rates charged by the phone company to hear his voice more than once every few weeks.

There is always the alternative to contact via the phone, snail mail.