Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Donation Award 

Question How did you fill out the Visitation Application?

So, I got the form in the mail yesterday to fill out and return to get put on his visitation list. He is freaking out that for some reson I will be denied. It never crossed my mind that I would. I have never gotten more than a speeding ticket. But these questions make me crazy. My relstionship - do I say girlfriend, friend, significant other? And "Where did this relationship develop?" Ummmm, he was living in my house b/c his mother kicked him out. But the real kicker is "How will your relationship with the inmate assist in and contribute toward his rehabilitation" UGH. I have a degree in English Literature, and can't figure out how to answer these stupid questions!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Faithfully Waiting

I didn't have some of those questions but I put "girlfriend" and for the rehabilitation one I'd put something like "I encourage him to succeed and be all he can be" lol or something like that.

Every day brings me one day closer to you....<3
Old 07-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Love Dont Run<3

I put friend because here they don't really recognize "girlfriend" as anything - at least that's what I'm told.
I never got asked how I was going to contribute to his rehabilitation.. just if I was involved in his crime or a victim of it.
I was asked how I met him.. I put other.

So on fire & so in love that look in your eyes that I miss so much - remind me, baby, remind me.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:41 PM

I am glad you asked this question because mine is sending me the application,he is also in georgia and i had no idea what to put as the answers..can you say it started as penpals?
Old 07-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Love Dont Run<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahas View Post
I am glad you asked this question because mine is sending me the application,he is also in georgia and i had no idea what to put as the answers..can you say it started as penpals?
If you have a similar application to mine it asks in a part of the application if you are pen pals.

So on fire & so in love that look in your eyes that I miss so much - remind me, baby, remind me.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:16 PM

Gosh I was told not to put girlfriend cause they didn't recognize that LOL when he sent it to me he had wrote fiancée on the line already LOL I pick on him that made it a legal written contract he had to go thru with now. ( course we had already had that discussion) I don't think I'd put pen pal though. As far as contributing I put that I was encouraging him to have a stable job on release that I offers positive relationship with friends that I was going to be there physically spiritually and financially on release while he reestablished himself into society

<3 MY HEART BELONGS TO DROOPY <3

Old 07-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernsun View Post
Gosh I was told not to put girlfriend cause they didn't recognize that LOL ----------. As far as contributing I put that I was encouraging him to have a stable job on release that I offers positive relationship with friends that I was going to be there physically spiritually and financially on release while he reestablished himself into society

He told me to put girlfriend. That's what he put when he gave my address to the Parole people. I thought about saying that I am the one person who supports him financially and with phone calls. That I was encouraging him to take classes while he was in and I would be the one to provide him with a stable home life when he gets out. And that he is considered part of my family.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOneLeft

He told me to put girlfriend. That's what he put when he gave my address to the Parole people. I thought about saying that I am the one person who supports him financially and with phone calls. That I was encouraging him to take classes while he was in and I would be the one to provide him with a stable home life when he gets out. And that he is considered part of my family.
I think that sounds good myself....heck that may have just Ds way of making sure I was serious when I'd said yes I'd wait him til he was out he a character LOL but seriously I think what u said sounds good

Old 07-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
can you say it started as penpals?
The Georgia form doesn't ask about being pen pals, but it does ask how long you have known them and if you met before incarceration.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Banned

Say that you've known him for a certain amount of time and that you know each other through mutual friends, or whatever. You're his girlfriend and you're going to help by supporting him, and you're a good example because you're sober, you've never done anything, and you'd like nothing but the best for him. Sell yourself.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
I do not know about Georgia, but I WILL say this much-I told the truth that I only knew my now-boyfriend through E-Mails, and (He's in Missouri.) I was denied. I'm not saying to lie, just telling you what happened to me, and allowing you to use that in your decision.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:39 PM
WINNING! Admin

PTOQ Editorial Team Member 

Donation Award 

Thanked 37,457 Times in 10,410 Posts

PTO cannot and will not encourage anyone to lie on a visitation forum. Policy reminder for those joining this discussion:

Illegal Activities:
Threads/replies encouraging illegal/unethical action (like “The best way to kill the neighbor’s dog” or "Have you had sex during a visit?"), or more importantly, anything relating to compromising the security of prisons and institutions (ETC) will not be allowed. Posts such as these will be deleted and may lead to you losing your posting privileges. This policy extends to profiles, avatars, etc., as well. PTO's policy on illegal activities also extends to references of gang activity, as gang activity is illegal (and especially in the prison systems). If you are affiliated with a gang and have a loved one in prison, you are certainly still welcome at PTO, but no reference to such affiliations in posts, profile, avatar, etc. is allowed.

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

Old 07-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Keeper of My Heart

I never had n-e of those questions asked on the questionnaire wen i filled 1 out. It seems like a job interview question more than visiting, but I guess they wanna have a good reason 4 u 2 visit. If ur a gf just say that u r. If u have 2 make the answers sound really good 2 the questions do so. As long as u don't have n-e tickets or got n-e-thing in ur record or something like that, then there's no reason they should deny u a visit.

~][Love Can Remain Even After Death][~
Old 07-08-2012, 10:16 PM

I'm a big woman and height/weight was on there..ugg....yeah I was honest. It asked relationship to inmate and I put fiance and it was sent back to him as friend and in his letter he was worried that it was how I thought of him (silly silly man lol)

It asked my background, did I have any felonies....asked how we met, when we met. I was honest of course. I said we met online and exchaged emails in late September before meeting face to face the first time 10/08/11

It also wanted to know if I corresponded or visited anybody else.

He never knew my home address. I got a card in the mail from him yesterday at my home address and not the PO Box he had been using...so he got a copy of all the info (uggg! LOL)