Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > CANADA PRISON FORUMS > Canada Prison Profiles > Canada Prison Profiles -Central Canada Region
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Canada Prison Profiles -Central Canada Region Ontario, Quebec - General discussion forum for prisons in Central Canada. Please feel free to ask questions, make suggestions and share information.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:34 PM

Default Creative things to send in the mail

Hi Everyone,
Looking for idea's of what to send your loved one, well he or she is in CECC. Just wondering what other people of sent to inmates to help them pass the time. Ive just sent some word searches I printed off line< and some jokes and some print outs of his favorite tv shows. Any other ideas. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazytrain View Post
Hi Everyone,
Looking for idea's of what to send your loved one, well he or she is in CECC. Just wondering what other people of sent to inmates to help them pass the time. Ive just sent some word searches I printed off line< and some jokes and some print outs of his favorite tv shows. Any other ideas. Thanks
I hope he gets the word searches because I sent puzzles and they were returned to me as not allowed. I think it was stupid but that is the rule - no books, magazines, etc unless it was in the original pen package. Not sure if it was just that particular institution or if it is a general thing. So now, I just stick to plain old letters in which I include poems, clip art stuff like that. But do please share whether your printed stuff was allowed.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:30 AM

I just wanted to let you know, that he received all the puzzles and print outs i sent.
The Following User Says Thank You to crazytrain For This Useful Post:
P'sWoman (06-07-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 08:07 AM

Hi
My son wanted some maps. he is very much into Geography, history, politics etc so wanted world maps. I copied one of each continent and he was quite happy to have them on his walls to refer to. The other guys thought it was cool. I have also sent jokes, copies of newspaper articles, brochures from my travel to hawaii, lots of pictures etc. I got a whole collection of inspirational cards from the dollar store and would send one each week along with a short letter. The next letter would be lengthier. I also sent cards for each special occasion like Halloween etc. he enjoyed getting letters from his little nieces and nephews. I sent in sudokus but he had bought a book in the canteen so didn't need it. I also sent general knowledge quizzes with answers- sort of like "are you smarter than a fifth grader?" ones.
Hope this helps.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:28 PM

I\m wondering if the rules are somewhat different in the federal (CSC) prisons and even between them? Our experience has been that a lot of what you all have mentioned - such as puzzles and brochures, would have been returned! Does anyone know for sure>
Old 06-19-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P'sWoman View Post
I\m wondering if the rules are somewhat different in the federal (CSC) prisons and even between them? Our experience has been that a lot of what you all have mentioned - such as puzzles and brochures, would have been returned! Does anyone know for sure>
I'm going to begin sending letters to my boyfriend that was just transferred to Kingston Pen.. What should I avoid sending? can I send pictures?
Old 06-21-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkins View Post
I'm going to begin sending letters to my boyfriend that was just transferred to Kingston Pen.. What should I avoid sending? can I send pictures?
Yes, you can send pictures but they should not be nude or too suggestive, if you know what I mean. I have sent letters with photos printed on the sheets, But there seem to be some difference regarding magazines and such from institution to institution. Is this his mother institution and will he be going there from assessment/intake unit? In that case, he might be allowed his pen pack and that can include more items and he should be getting a list of what's possible.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P'sWoman View Post
Yes, you can send pictures but they should not be nude or too suggestive, if you know what I mean. I have sent letters with photos printed on the sheets, But there seem to be some difference regarding magazines and such from institution to institution. Is this his mother institution and will he be going there from assessment/intake unit? In that case, he might be allowed his pen pack and that can include more items and he should be getting a list of what's possible.
He's being sent back for parole violation, just waiting to be transferred from Toronto... This is where he will be for the remainder of his sentence.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkins View Post
He's being sent back for parole violation, just waiting to be transferred from Toronto... This is where he will be for the remainder of his sentence.
Then more than likely - depending on the length of time he has left - he will be allowed what is called a pen pack and you are able to send a few more things in that. Once there he should know and be able to tell you.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:12 AM

Sorry to sound so dumb but is that the correctional center in Lindsay? My son was in Milton and I sent him books through amazon.ca. I am not sure what the rules are in Lindsay but the books I sent my son were a life saver. Lots of other inmates read those books and loved them. I can give you some good book ideas if they are allowed to receive them in Lindsay.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janine6
Sorry to sound so dumb but is that the correctional center in Lindsay? My son was in Milton and I sent him books through amazon.ca. I am not sure what the rules are in Lindsay but the books I sent my son were a life saver. Lots of other inmates read those books and loved them. I can give you some good book ideas if they are allowed to receive them in Lindsay.
Hi janine6, would love to know what books (or genres) you sent your son. Thanks.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:22 PM

My husband is being transferred to CECC, could you send me a list of books also. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:26 AM

My bf is in Quinte. I bought a magazine, took it apart and mailed it article by article with his letters. No idea why this was allowed but not allowed to send whole magazine. But anyway, that worked.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:32 PM
FREE MY LOVE

I found a Dedication to our love contract on prison talk , it's so sweet . It's up on my blog as well , I just sent it bf. check it out.

My lips are the gun. My smile is the trigger. My kisses are the bullet. Label me a Killer.

#FreeMyLove
Old 09-27-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisNDNgirl View Post
My bf is in Quinte. I bought a magazine, took it apart and mailed it article by article with his letters. No idea why this was allowed but not allowed to send whole magazine. But anyway, that worked.

You can't sent the whole magazine because they can take the staples out and use them for things, which is really stupid seeing as they can order magazines from canteen. I'm not sure if the staples are removed though I will have to ask my guy next time he calls.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:48 PM

They said the taken apart magazines had to stop. Today I. Polluted pink hearts. Wrote a message with a letter on each heart and cut them out. He will have to put them in order to read the message. It says "I love you googolplex <3"
Old 10-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Broken Hearted

I bought a book of crossword puzzles at walmart ranging from easy to difficult and I tore them all out of the book, made sure there was no glue residue from the spine of the book and sent them in a couple of different envelopes.

Another thing I like to do is send a letter that says " I love you because".... and then list all the things I love about him. He told me he looks at that list from time to time and makes him want to be a better person. He feels good when I send stuff like that.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick's Girl Ont View Post
I bought a book of crossword puzzles at walmart ranging from easy to difficult and I tore them all out of the book, made sure there was no glue residue from the spine of the book and sent them in a couple of different envelopes.

Another thing I like to do is send a letter that says " I love you because".... and then list all the things I love about him. He told me he looks at that list from time to time and makes him want to be a better person. He feels good when I send stuff like that.
Your "love you because" letter inspired me and I made a list of "I love you more then" but I wrote them on oragami paper and folded them into basic oragami envelopes. So thanks for the inspiration

Today I found a pack of postcards with mazes on the front and an oragami pack where you make a set of insects and a log and arrange them together. I'm sending him that to do (should keep him very busy). Been making crosswords, word searches too.

Any other ideas recently? I'm trying to keep it really creative. He is bored and not allowed in school or anything in provincial cuz of his past record (VO).
Old 03-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Johnny

Default Trap Call Help

Hi everyone....so I heard about trap call and my guy told me that there are two plans you can go on in Ontario. One is 90 the other is 25. Does anybody know a number to trap call to get the cheaper one? Thanks and I hope your all having a good day.