Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation & Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Federal Probation & Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 05-12-2004, 09:54 AM

Default federal halfway house locations

Here is the link for active federal halfway house locations through out the US

I hope this is help ful to all

http://www.bop.gov/cpdpg/ccdhalf.pdf
Old 05-22-2004, 07:38 AM
Donation Award 

Thank you for sharing this link. I went ahead and stuck it for future reference!
Old 05-30-2004, 11:16 AM

thanks, I think I will go check out where I'm gonna be - down the road.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:18 PM

I am hoping that some one could answer some questions for me. How many months before a person's sentence is served will that person leave for the half way house. My brother is in federal prison in Ms. Also, my brother took a plea, will he still come up for parole when he has served a third of his sentence? Hope someone can answer these questions for me. Thanks
Old 07-26-2004, 11:53 AM

Elvis--from what I understand...your brother will do six months at a halfway house or 10% of his sentence, whichever is less. And if he was convicted after 1987, he is not eligible for parole. He will do at least 85% of his sentence. Is he at Yazoo? Hope this helps.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:11 AM
Wife 4 Life

Thanks I'm going to check it out, is this all of them or are there more.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:34 PM

How do you figure out where you will be for half way house? Will you be in the state and town you live in or the state in which you are sentenced too?
Old 11-27-2004, 10:18 PM

I'd like to know that too. My husband is in Sheridan, OR, but we live about 4 hrs away in Seattle. I would guess that he would go to the Seattle one because his job is here - can't you work while at the halfway house? I think you can, but I'm not sure.

Also, does anyone know if they ever let people go early from the halfway houses? He's supposed to be at one for 2 weeks, then on house arrest for 5 months. Is it common for them to start house arrest earlier?
Old 12-07-2004, 06:15 PM

Thank you for the info. How long does one have to be in prison before they can be eligible to go to a halfway house. And, what is the criteria? Any details would be appreciated. Also, is going to a halfway house usually followed by house arrest? How can one get house arrest? Sorry, I just have soooo many questions.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:49 PM

I am currently in a halfway house, but last week got sent home on home confinement. Even though I am living at home, I am still "in custody" and must report in and be accountable to the halfway house (for 6 more weeks). I got 6 months halfway house time, because I did the drug program. I spent 4 months at the house and get to live at home for my last two. Most people do not get to go on home confinement till the last little bit of their sentence. They will try to send you to the halfway house that is closest to your home. If your home is somewhere different from where your conviction was, then they call that a 'relocation', but all that paperwork is done while you are still in prison.
Yes, you work while at the halfway house. You must find a job within 15 days of your arrival. As you prove you are responsible, you begin to earn "passes" where you can go out socially and go home on weekends. I was taking 48 hour passes to my home after only one month at the halfway house. It isn't that bad, you just have to follow all the rules - even the ones that seem ridiculous, because they can (and do) send you right back to prison to finish your sentence. I have seen about 6 people get sent back in 4 months - for drinking, not being where they were supposed to be, failing a drug test... There are 55 men and 4 women at my halfway house.
Feel free to ask anymore questions.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:36 PM

Thanks for the response. My husband was sentenced to 5/5 - 5 months in FPC, 5 in home confinement (just like Martha Stewart! =]) The last 2 weeks of his FPC term are due to be spent in a halfway house. So instead of getting out of the FPC on Apr 12, he gets out Mar 30 and stays at the HH until Apr 12. Then begins home confienement.

So my question is whether, in your experience, it is reasonable to hope that they may waive the HH and just go straight to home confinement. He already has a job that pays about $3000/month. His employers understand the situation and are more than willing to provide whatever the BOP needs in terms of verifying that he has a job with them where the bulk of the work is done from our house, where all of his video editing equipment is.

Obviously, we're hoping that sense and reason will win out, as there is no benefit or neccesity to him being in the HH for 13 days, as opposed to home confinement. Since this is the BOP we're talking about, though, there is of course no guarantee that the logical, reasonable solution is the one they will agree to. So any info anyone may have would be very useful. I've posted in several places and done some research on the internet, but I haven't been able to really find out much yet.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:37 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarch
I am currently in a halfway house, but last week got sent home on home confinement. Even though I am living at home, I am still "in custody" and must report in and be accountable to the halfway house (for 6 more weeks). I got 6 months halfway house time, because I did the drug program. I spent 4 months at the house and get to live at home for my last two. Most people do not get to go on home confinement till the last little bit of their sentence. They will try to send you to the halfway house that is closest to your home. If your home is somewhere different from where your conviction was, then they call that a 'relocation', but all that paperwork is done while you are still in prison.
Yes, you work while at the halfway house. You must find a job within 15 days of your arrival. As you prove you are responsible, you begin to earn "passes" where you can go out socially and go home on weekends. I was taking 48 hour passes to my home after only one month at the halfway house. It isn't that bad, you just have to follow all the rules - even the ones that seem ridiculous, because they can (and do) send you right back to prison to finish your sentence. I have seen about 6 people get sent back in 4 months - for drinking, not being where they were supposed to be, failing a drug test... There are 55 men and 4 women at my halfway house.
Feel free to ask anymore questions.
Thanks for offering your experience. When do they determine relocation? (how close to halfway house date?) how close to 6months left of your sentence were you transfered to halfway house? Do tou know what they doif you can't work (have illness)? Do they ever do more then 6months halfway house? Thanks so much...best to you and yours...good luck...Anita
Old 08-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Donation Award 

Default Is this list still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by westybosm
Here is the link for active federal halfway house locations through out the US

I hope this is help ful to all

http://www.bop.gov/cpdpg/ccdhalf.pdf
I tried the link for federal halfway house locations and it wasn't working. Does anyone know if it's still on the BOP website?

He's Home!
Old 08-11-2005, 12:09 PM

There is still a link - http://www.bop.gov/locations/cc/index.jsp - then go to the bottom of the page and click on http://www.bop.gov/locations/cc/CCcontracts_05.pdf

It's an adobe document.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Donation Award 

That worked! Thank you!

He's Home!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:11 PM

You're welcome. I hope you found what you needed

A question about 1/2 way houses... we know there are none in Nebraska. My hubby heard that since that's the case, when/if he gets to that point, they'd send him to the nearest county jail... any truth to that rumor anyone?