Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado DOC - What You Need to Know > Colorado Prison Visitation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Colorado Prison Visitation All information & questions related to visitation in all Colorado facilities should be posted here.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:34 AM

Default Conjugal Visits in Colorado

I know, I know.... CO doesn't do conjugal visits, but I am curious... did Colorado EVER have conjugal visits at one point in time? I'm thinking of starting a petition on change.org to allow family visits on weekends but I can't seem to find out whether CO had them before or not. Trying to do my research on this, and if I do the petition, would any of you be willing to sign it?
The Following User Says Thank You to Luvmyman11 For This Useful Post:
pennyg (06-20-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2012, 07:15 PM
nineironninja

Call the prison museum in Canon City and ask them.
Good luck with your endeavors.

why go back to prison when i have this to enjoy out here? Low & Slow
Old 06-20-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyman11 View Post
I know, I know.... CO doesn't do conjugal visits, but I am curious... did Colorado EVER have conjugal visits at one point in time? I'm thinking of starting a petition on change.org to allow family visits on weekends but I can't seem to find out whether CO had them before or not. Trying to do my research on this, and if I do the petition, would any of you be willing to sign it?

I would be willing to sign.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:56 AM
mrs.padilla

I would sign!!

the padilla's
Old 07-08-2012, 04:19 PM

Red face

Quote:
Did you every start a petition? I know people who will sign it if you get it going
Old 07-09-2012, 02:41 PM

I am in the process of studying up on the conjugal visits rules in the other states that currently have them and I am still trying to figure out WHY Colorado doesn't have it, or if they used to have it. Once I figure this out, I will be posting a new petition shortly. I will be sure to notify everyone, and please please please, share with your family and friends.
The reason I'm asking to share is because the last time I had a petition on change.org for conjugal visits, only 5 people signed it.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:

I WOULD SIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:

I would sign it
Old 12-16-2012, 05:44 AM
Ill wait 4 Eternity

I would definetly sign!!! That would do alot for our loved ones also... Would remind them of what their missing out on on a daily basis. I think that it a great idea!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:52 PM
nineironninja

Might as well not even waste your time. CDOC won't care how many petitions you start and sign they won't even consider it.

The Following User Says Thank You to nineironninja For This Useful Post:
24jf (12-17-2012)
Old 09-12-2013, 02:45 AM

Quote:
I'd sign it! In fact in many of my Advanced CJ courses we have brought up the subject and CDOC actually needs just this type of thing but not only from the Offenders but the Family as well. Seriously!! Look into Rehabilitation Components. The more people you have to back you up the better an argument. I'm in let's do it Former Warden T. Clements was about change, and not many liked it, but he was still respected for it. In fact did you ever wonder why the inmates aren't allowed nudes anymore? Some warden in another state ruled that one and we "adopted" it!! Before the idiot who made the decision RETIRED!! Now the inmates suffer for it, instead of comprise they were just stripped of another privilege. They bring back certain privileges and allow conjugal visits I can guarantee prison crime will be reduced. Won't stop, but can be controlled. And to my knowledge conjugal visits are allowed just none of our facilities are equipped with a "secure space" for it, yet our tax dollars just built two prisons that are fully functional but not in use?! Those are the questions tax payers need to start asking!!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:56 PM
nineironninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv7one9 View Post
I'd sign it! In fact in many of my Advanced CJ courses we have brought up the subject and CDOC actually needs just this type of thing but not only from the Offenders but the Family as well. Seriously!! Look into Rehabilitation Components. The more people you have to back you up the better an argument. I'm in let's do it Former Warden T. Clements was about change, and not many liked it, but he was still respected for it. In fact did you ever wonder why the inmates aren't allowed nudes anymore? Some warden in another state ruled that one and we "adopted" it!! Before the idiot who made the decision RETIRED!! Now the inmates suffer for it, instead of comprise they were just stripped of another privilege. They bring back certain privileges and allow conjugal visits I can guarantee prison crime will be reduced. Won't stop, but can be controlled. And to my knowledge conjugal visits are allowed just none of our facilities are equipped with a "secure space" for it, yet our tax dollars just built two prisons that are fully functional but not in use?! Those are the questions tax payers need to start asking!!
Are you kidding? After Tom Clements was murdered the last thing the taxpayers will care about is inmates having sex. They already prefer to lock them all up and throw away the key. He also wasn't a "warden" he was in charge of the entire DOC.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nineironninja For This Useful Post:
LotsOfLoveLOL (09-15-2013), nancyginnm (09-14-2013)
Old 12-09-2013, 07:16 PM

I would def sign that petition!!! This state is weird anyway!! good luck!!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:16 AM

Smile

Quote:
Yes I would most definitely sign the petition
Old 04-13-2014, 10:29 PM

Default Conjugal visits

sign me up now yes please
Old 04-13-2014, 10:32 PM

Default Conjugal visits

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineironninja View Post
Are you kidding? After Tom Clements was murdered the last thing the taxpayers will care about is inmates having sex. They already prefer to lock them all up and throw away the key. He also wasn't a "warden" he was in charge of the entire DOC.
It would definitely cut down on prison rape/ violence
Old 06-07-2014, 03:23 PM
nineironninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlsanchez View Post
It would definitely cut down on prison rape/ violence
I don't know why you would think that. Rape whether inside or outside of prison is about power and control, not sex.

Also, you've apparently never heard the phrase "gay for the stay". A little wifey or GF ain't gonna change that.