Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tennessee Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Tennessee prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:40 AM

Default Morgan County...

My fiance just got moved from knox county jail to Morgan County. i know nothing bout this place and need all possible info on what we are and are not allowed to send in mail....also anything that can be offered on phone calls and visits...i want peoples personal experiences not the links to policies and so on b/c some of it i just dont get plus i have heard that policy or not they dont always abide by the policy...sometimes that works in our favor and others it brns us...so please whatever any of u know from experience would be great and helpful. Also, any info on classes or boot camps or anything that they offer at this facility that can help cut their time down. thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2012, 09:06 AM

My OB was in MCCX in the annex. He said that the boot camp was right next to him and he would NOT want to be those guys. He said that they made them be out humping around sand bags in the rain and all kinds of stuff like that. Sounded as though one would have to be pretty physically fit to even make it in there.
I went there once, for visiting, and walked into the main door, not knowing that I had to go to another part of the prison for annex visiting...I didn't even tell the woman at the front desk what it was I was there for before she was telling me to go out and change my shirt. She said it was because it showed my collar bone. But it was a regular t-shirt that did not have a collar on it, and was not low cut or anything.
I went out and changed, but later found that I had to go elsewhere, and at the annex visiting they seemed to be more laid back.
All in all it was not an unpleasant experience.
But do yourself a favor and learn from my mistakes: Do NOT try to take feminine products into the prison without telling the CO who is searching you. Apparently they don't like that, and they want you to use their tampons and not bring your own. They also want you to keep them in your back pocket so they can be seen at all times.
Also, do NOT take anything in to the person you're going to see. I mean nothing, not even a piece of paper. If they catch you they'll let you know it.
If you haven't been to a TN prison to visit before, and you will want to purchase food or drinks from the vending machine make sure that you take a $5 bill as the machine will, for some unknown reason, only take a five to purchase the vending card. You can put other money on the card after that, but the card costs $1, and you get a $4 credit on it. But to purchase the card itself you can only use a $5.
Make sure that any medication you take has the label from the pharmacy. I use an inhaler, so I brought the box with the label on it. If it's anything more serious than that you may need a doctors note with it. I'd check into before going.
I have sent lots of things there in the mail...there were only a few things he didn't get. One was confetti I put in a birthday card...so apparently that's a no-no, and the other two were like three sheets of paper that were filled with jokes about rednecks...apparently they don't like that either. (I didn't think that was 'racist' or anything, since when did hillbillies and rednecks become a 'race'?, and btw, we are, so I was just poking fun at our own people.)
In most areas the phones suck because the inmates have apparently gotten mad and slammed them around and beat on them so they don't work all that great...one some you can't even hear them talking to you. He will have to learn which ones work and use those only, because once your call is connected you have the connection fee whether you can hear him or not.
That's probably about all I can tell you. It's not that bad for visiting, but I wouldn't want to live there.
ROS
Old 04-28-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobysLady1013
My fiance just got moved from knox county jail to Morgan County. i know nothing bout this place and need all possible info on what we are and are not allowed to send in mail....also anything that can be offered on phone calls and visits...i want peoples personal experiences not the links to policies and so on b/c some of it i just dont get plus i have heard that policy or not they dont always abide by the policy...sometimes that works in our favor and others it brns us...so please whatever any of u know from experience would be great and helpful. Also, any info on classes or boot camps or anything that they offer at this facility that can help cut their time down. thank you.
My guy got sent from Knox to MCCX 2 days ago. He is in classification

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Old 04-28-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosfriend
My OB was in MCCX in the annex. He said that the boot camp was right next to him and he would NOT want to be those guys. He said that they made them be out humping around sand bags in the rain and all kinds of stuff like that. Sounded as though one would have to be pretty physically fit to even make it in there.
I went there once, for visiting, and walked into the main door, not knowing that I had to go to another part of the prison for annex visiting...I didn't even tell the woman at the front desk what it was I was there for before she was telling me to go out and change my shirt. She said it was because it showed my collar bone. But it was a regular t-shirt that did not have a collar on it, and was not low cut or anything.
I went out and changed, but later found that I had to go elsewhere, and at the annex visiting they seemed to be more laid back.
All in all it was not an unpleasant experience.
But do yourself a favor and learn from my mistakes: Do NOT try to take feminine products into the prison without telling the CO who is searching you. Apparently they don't like that, and they want you to use their tampons and not bring your own. They also want you to keep them in your back pocket so they can be seen at all times.
Also, do NOT take anything in to the person you're going to see. I mean nothing, not even a piece of paper. If they catch you they'll let you know it.
If you haven't been to a TN prison to visit before, and you will want to purchase food or drinks from the vending machine make sure that you take a $5 bill as the machine will, for some unknown reason, only take a five to purchase the vending card. You can put other money on the card after that, but the card costs $1, and you get a $4 credit on it. But to purchase the card itself you can only use a $5.
Make sure that any medication you take has the label from the pharmacy. I use an inhaler, so I brought the box with the label on it. If it's anything more serious than that you may need a doctors note with it. I'd check into before going.
I have sent lots of things there in the mail...there were only a few things he didn't get. One was confetti I put in a birthday card...so apparently that's a no-no, and the other two were like three sheets of paper that were filled with jokes about rednecks...apparently they don't like that either. (I didn't think that was 'racist' or anything, since when did hillbillies and rednecks become a 'race'?, and btw, we are, so I was just poking fun at our own people.)
In most areas the phones suck because the inmates have apparently gotten mad and slammed them around and beat on them so they don't work all that great...one some you can't even hear them talking to you. He will have to learn which ones work and use those only, because once your call is connected you have the connection fee whether you can hear him or not.
That's probably about all I can tell you. It's not that bad for visiting, but I wouldn't want to live there.
ROS
What the heck do they expect us to wear? I know you can't wear sandals. Can you wear sneakers? I guess I have to wear a t-shirt and tennis shoes? Not very sexy.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's lady View Post
What the heck do they expect us to wear? I know you can't wear sandals. Can you wear sneakers? I guess I have to wear a t-shirt and tennis shoes? Not very sexy.

You can wear sandals, as long as they have a strap that goes around the ankle. You can wear sneakers as well.
I wore sneakers the first day, that night there was a torrential downpour, and I had not seen anything about it calling for rain on either day I was there, so my shoes, sitting outside my tent, got soaked.
I had, thankfully, a pair of those ankle high moccasins in the car that were still dry, and I wore those day 2. Of course, they were soaked by the time I walked through the parking lot, but that was alright. A 700 mile drive kinda deserves to be completed, wet feet or not. LOL
You say 'Not very sexy'? That's the whole point. They don't want you to look sexy at all. I think some of it is ridiculous...I can't show my collarbone, but the woman at the table next to us can wear her sandals for her man who has a foot fetish, so go figure that one out. <shrug>
I'd not take a chance, I'd just wear a NO UNDERWIRE bra, tshirt, jeans that fit somewhat loosely, sneakers, socks and plain panties. Uh...yeah, if they see you have on a thong they can refuse your visit. (not that I, myself would ever do that...thongs on 200 pound girls end up looking like crack floss LOL).
I hope your visit goes well.
ROS
Old 05-05-2012, 07:54 PM

Girl I don't even wear undies lmao!! I guess I will invest in some