Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 04:48 PM

Default My MWI is on lockdown at FCC Victorville

Got my call today which has me wondering when I will hear his voice again, said going on lockdown so dont worry and just remember I love you. Anyone else have mwi or anyone at FCC Victorville? Now I am pacing the floors, I know that alot of gf and wives dont get to talk to theirs much and some none at all, I have got to learn to prepare for or learn to accept it happens and could be worse.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Mike's Wifey

is it just him that's going on lockdown or the whole prison? if it's the whole prison you can always call & they MIGHT be able to tell you around how long it will last, depending on the mood of the person who answers the phone or if they even know.
just keep writing letters & lots of them :] when my fiancee got moved he was on lockdown for almost 4 months. we were still allowed visits(non contact). i just made sure i wrote him lots of letters, made him pictures, my son would color him pictures from coloring books, sent him cute song lyrics or quotes i would find. whatever you can do will help make it easier on both you & him.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:13 PM

I know his unit, yes he told me to make sure he got letter everyday! I will try my hardest to make sure.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:42 AM
MS. D*I*V*A
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,632 Times in 1,561 Posts

I am sorry.. lockdowns are the worst! It does give you a chance to get creative with mail. You can send puzzles etc... We have some wonderful creative ideas on the site

The Following User Says Thank You to closer2mydreamz For This Useful Post:
ShonCupcake (02-24-2012)
Old 02-23-2012, 11:03 AM

It sucks. My fiancé is on lockdown 24/7 u till he gets out in August. It's been this way since sept. We have only been able to have 1 phone call and it was for 3 mins on speakerphone while the CO sat there listening to the conversation...it sucked. I cried for 3 hours after. Hopefully ur man gets out of lockdown soon.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Banned

Aaaaaw, been there, done that and it sucks! My BF was on lockdown for ten days or so once, but I kept emailing every day and he said he got so happy when they finally let him out and he saw all my emails. I also sent him emails and cards but he didn't get them till the lockdown was lifted! So yeah, you should write away, I'm sure your BF will be so happy to see how much you thought of him during the lockdown. And you're lucky, at least your BF could give you a heads up, right?!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:31 AM

Sorry to hear that! So during lockdowns they can send or recieve mail? I guess i need to ask my bf wat to do in that situation...o_O

Ceddric's <3
Old 02-23-2012, 12:28 PM

My guy can get letters.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:33 PM

Oh ok, but they cant send any out? O gosh i would be so lost and crazy if this happens!

Ceddric's <3
Old 02-23-2012, 01:39 PM

My man's prison is about to go on their 6month prison shakedown anyday....which is like lockdown til everyones cell and stuff is searched.. he says they take their sweet time.......
My poor baby is going to be bored for who knows how long....but at least I get double the mail ..
...I always send my baby a card during lockdowns usually funny ones(from the exotic stores lol) to at least give him a laugh.....last one had a sexy cartoon "girl" bent over and when u opened it turned out to be a guy ....and another sexy girl was next to him saying I like them bent over don't you??..This is how ima have you.!!
He admitted its not his most fave cards but they make him laugh

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using PrisonTalk

Last edited by hisLoveBug92; 02-23-2012 at 01:42 PM..
Old 02-23-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImhisladyA
Oh ok, but they cant send any out? O gosh i would be so lost and crazy if this happens!

Ceddric's <3
Yes they can still send and receive mail....
Dnt wry

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using PrisonTalk
Old 02-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Mike's Wifey

I don't know if it varies by state but i know where i'm at it's illegal for them to hold an inmates mail over a certain amount of days. even if there's something inappropriate they have to tell the inmate & ask them whether they want to return to sender or throw it away.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:14 PM

Very rough day, and just thinking it could be so many more and I know there will be, I went to bed at 11, well I layed there, finally decided at 3am to go ahead and get up and finish letter. This is the first time I havent talked or heard from him since Oct and I feel completely lost, wondering whats going on, if he is ok. Him being ok is all I want to know, but when I called all they said was call back tomorrow and it could be canceled. I wanted to redial so bad but I dont want them to get ill with me and take out on him. I feel like I cant function, I went to work earlier thinking maybe I could find something about why on lockdown, hell I stayed looking for something for 8 hours nonstop and didnt find anything. Why dont they put something saying when it happens? I know I am over reacting, maybe, but I am new to it, I am tired, had no sleep, I did close my eyes for about 30 min and told myself I have to stop stressing out, he was preparing me for it so I need to do what he said to dont worry he will be fine and just make sure I keep sending him letters, cards, or whatever, to ride it out and not forget him. I think he knows I will never forget him. I thank you all for your support, it helps so much.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:29 PM

I'm sorry I know it hurts. I just been through it. I just talked to him last night for the first time in a month because of him being on lockdown. Even though they say don't worry it is so hard not to. We wrote letters to each other during his time in the hole. Stay strong for both of you. Im giving you a big hug ((HUG))
Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 PM

[quote="MsBlondie"]I'm sorry I know it hurts. I just been through it. I just talked to him last night for the first time in a month because of him being on lockdown. Even though they say don't worry it is so hard not to. We wrote letters to each other during his time in the hole. Stay strong for both of you. Im giving you a big hug ((HUG))[, /QUOTE]

Thanks MsBlondie, I am trying hard to be strong, I tried to put little laughs in his letters last night and today, and tried to in the 100 email I sent last night until now, everytime I laughed but then just had to cry, I try ti hide it from whoever is around me but I dont think I did so well today. But thats just one day. You had a month, I hope that I can be as strong as you with completely falling apart. Thank you!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:02 PM

You are strong and have more strength than you realize. I had my moments when I felt I could not hold it together but I did. I would think of talks we've had that made me smile and I would look at his pictures. Hold on to the good thoughts and know he is thinking of you too it helps.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:13 AM
ShonBabegurl

Hugs go out to u. My fiance is in lockdown and has been since Feb. 7th, Im so sick with heartache. I miss him terribly but I do get letters from him. I can't sleep or operate regularly since this begun. Its just my boo and the prison will give me no info. I hate fountain anywho good luck and it will b fine. Keep praying
Old 02-24-2012, 12:00 PM

My babys prison been on lockdown for about 2 months now. But they are starting to let them out of their cells more often now. He can go back to work now too. We can do mail of course. They just recently started letting them use the phones when they are out of their cells. They get out for about 2 hours each night. So I get 1 to 2 calls a night.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Mike's Wifey

i know it's easier said then done but don't worry about if he's okay or not. he is fine. he actually has more chances of being fine during lockdown because he is away from general population.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:19 AM
Missing MY SUNSHINE!

Default Sigh!!!

Well... its 2:15 am and I can't sleep as my Sunshine is is Victorville as well...... since the 20th..... so its been a long week. Mail takes 4ever to get to him... almost a month sometimes but I get his within 4-5 days..... I expect my mailbox to be full next week
But I miss his voice..... I hope the lockdown is over quick cause they are gettin' in my way of connecting with My Sunshine

Old 02-25-2012, 07:23 AM

I keep telling myself not to worry, I try to keep myself as busy as possible, and email and write to him nonstop, I know he prob has atleast 150 or more emails, he is going to love that, lol. I think I have slept a few hours since he called and told me. Your Sunshine has been lockdown longer so I know it worrys the crap out of you, but I did call and asked if anyone was hurt and they said no nothing to worry about so thats good news, and said should be cancelled this week.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Missing MY SUNSHINE!

I try not to worry... but can't help myself. As much as they say no one is hurt.... would they really say if someone was???
I sent him emails everyday... long ones... short ones...he will be bombarded with all kinds of emails!!! lol
I just hope that they are all safe & that we get to communicate with them soon. ... I just been on edge all week I need to relax!

Old 03-02-2018, 07:23 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,771 Times in 14,243 Posts

Here is the link for the current Victorville Federal Prison's Lockdown thread:

Is Victorville Federal Prison on lockdown? LOCKDOWN Updates

Closed Thread