Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Member Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tennessee Member Introductions Please post your introduction here if you are involved with the Tennessee prison system.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:57 PM

Default New to the system but need help and advice in Knoxville

My fiancé got arrested at beginning of month for armed bank robbery, Second offense. He found out he was sick before this all happened and no doctor would touch him without money upfront. They are saying 25yrs. But he doesn't know. Is there a way I can help getting it lowered due to the circumstances behind it? If anyone has been through this I would really like the input on what I can do to help. And on top of it all he is being held until trail and has yet to see a doctor. Thanks for anyone's help
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2012, 08:22 PM

Hi. I am rather new to all of this as well, but thought I would enquire. Is there a chance he could bond out while he waits for trial?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random79
Hi. I am rather new to all of this as well, but thought I would enquire. Is there a chance he could bond out while he waits for trial?
We are trying to do that, even if he has to wear an ankle bracelet, but I don't know if they will give it to him because he us a second time offender.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Habeas Corpus

I'm 20 min outside Kville. Knox County gets spooked on one thing and one thing only: Litigation. Get him to fill out the Inmate Request Form (IRF) to request for sick call. He will then be able to file an Inmate Grievance Form. In the meantime, have the US District Court mail him a 42 USC 1983 (you want all the attachments for it the IFP, MTAC, etc.). They will know what is brewing then.

On the sidelines you can hammer out his 1983; you're gonna run with an 8th and 14th Amendment claim. If the medical issue is one of great import you could file a state Petition For Writ of Habeas Corpus Based On Special Conditions of Confinement, but it is a bit complicated as it is a civil petition.

More than willing to help in any way. I detest JJ and his army of msicreants down there anyway!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:31 PM

Do you have a good lawyer??? I can recommend my hubby's lawyer. He is awesome!!! Bruce Poston