Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Prison Visitation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pennsylvania Prison Visitation All information & questions related to visitation in all Pennsylvania facilities should be posted here.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:55 PM

Default Graterford Intake Visitation

My boyfriend just was transferred to Graterford today from county. Does anyone know about how long they are usually there before moving onto Camp Hill? Also, how long does it take to get the visitors list approved? For those that are only there in holding do they get visits and if so do you know if they are contact visits?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2012, 03:50 AM
Waiting to be Mrs. Brooks

It could take 2- 4 weeks before they are transfered to CampHill and after their 10-14 day quarantine they can fill out their visit list and if Graterford gets it approved fast if not CampHill will have it approved a few days after his 10 day quarantine there. My fiancee phone list was approved faster at Graterford we talked like four times and then he was transfered to CampHill and three days after his 10 day quarantine his list was approved just call every day and ask if he has " Put" a list in they can't exactly tell you if its been approved or whos on it. And yes I believe that visits at Graterford if approved are contact. I know CampHill visits are unless they are penalized for something. I hope this helps, if you need anything else I can try my best to help you. Good Luck

Old 03-22-2012, 05:57 PM

My man is waiting to be transfered to camp hill, he's in graterford right now. i just got a letter today saying his visiting list was approved...i want to go see him tomorrow? can i do that? I called the jail but they told me to call back during office hours. I don't want to just show up there and have to go home since its 2 hours away from me, but i miss my man like crazy and was thinking of taking the chance anyway. are the visits different for those who are just being held there? He told me it's not a contact visit. Any more information would be appreciated =)
Old 03-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Waiting to be Mrs. Brooks

If his list was approved you can go visit. And it should be a contact visit, I know when my loved ones list was approved it was a contact visit. Be careful with what you wear no holes in clothes no wired bras, Make sure you have correct ID their very picky there.. Nice but picky. Visits during the week are like anywhere from 3- 4half hours long depending on how many people are there. I know what you mean by the drive. I used to take the train and then a cab from harrisburg it was alot easier. But unfortunately my man was moved to his home jail 5 hours away. I say go for it. Good luck and enjoy your visit!

Old 03-22-2012, 06:54 PM

Thank you!! I think I might just go for it!!
Old 03-23-2012, 02:15 PM

If your man just went there from county and has just entered the system it will be a non contact visit. My man was there for a month and I visited him for times in the past couple weeks. It is in a room with a, piece of plexiglass and a screen you can't see through. Visits for that group of men is monday through friday from 9 am to 3 pm. Make sure your shiry is not low cut n nothing revealing. You can take one car key and the remote and your drivers license in with you. If you have anything else on you then you have to pay ten dollars for a locker which you will get back at the end of your visit. Try not to wear an underwired bra because they can be picky about setting the metal detector off. Good luck enjoy the visit. Its two hours by the way unless they forget about you. My man told me they ate lunch around 10:30 so I tried to go around 11.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:11 AM

Is there a bus or train to get to Graterford?? I'm in Delaware County, PA

Last edited by borkenpromises; 05-20-2012 at 06:40 AM..
Old 05-20-2012, 06:13 AM

My husband just went to Graterford as well from County..2 days ago. How long before he can call me..he has money on the books. I'm on pins and needles!! Jumping every time the phone rings!!
Old 05-20-2012, 08:15 PM

the phone system at graterford is a hot mess!!! It may be a few days before he can call. Pretty much everything at Graterford is a mess
"Patience serves as a protection against wrongs as clothes do against cold. For if you put on more clothes as the cold increases, it will have no power to hurt you. So in like manner you must grow in patience when you meet with great wrongs, and they will then be powerless to vex your mind."
Old 05-20-2012, 08:33 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,656 Times in 955 Posts

SEPTA can get you there, but only on weekends.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borkenpromises
My husband just went to Graterford as well from County..2 days ago. How long before he can call me..he has money on the books. I'm on pins and needles!! Jumping every time the phone rings!!
It could talk a few weeks for his phone list to be approved. When you see a 713 area code you know it's him!
The Following User Says Thank You to JoshiesWife For This Useful Post:
borkenpromises (05-22-2012)
Old 05-28-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo1230 View Post
My boyfriend just was transferred to Graterford today from county. Does anyone know about how long they are usually there before moving onto Camp Hill? Also, how long does it take to get the visitors list approved? For those that are only there in holding do they get visits and if so do you know if they are contact visits?
I'm in the exact same boat. My husband was transferred on the 18th to Graterford and now in what they called Quarantine. Since we are in the same time fraame lets keep each other posted. No calls for me as yet. 3 letters rec'd. I'm calling his counselot tomorrow to see what we can do. Our wedding anniversary is Sat. and would love to see him...but I doubt paperwork will be done by then. He says he is moving to Camp Hill "soon".
Old 05-28-2012, 07:48 PM

You can call the visit room to see if his visit list was approved. Calling his counselor is a good option but you may just get the whole over crowed under staffed comment.

If everything is in order with his visit list it may be approved before his phone list.

As far as being moved he will not even know when that happens. He will be told one night to pack his stuff and be gone the next night. He also may not be going to Camp Hill he his next stop may be his home prison if this is not his first time in remember they will send him where they have beds.

When my husband went to Graterford it was about three weeks before he could call home. Part of that time was waiting for him to get the phone time he brought.
The Following User Says Thank You to JoshiesWife For This Useful Post:
borkenpromises (05-29-2012)
Old 06-06-2012, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo1230 View Post
My LO went from county to Graterford a month after yours! No calls yet. Have u rec'd any? Counselor said phone lady is swamped!!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:04 PM

Hey there, I know these posts are from about a year ago... hoping someone can give some details/advice.. my bf was transferred to Graterford a few weeks ago.. he said the visiting list was approved he is waiting to be sent to Camp Hill... Basically all I wanna know is when are visiting hours these days? Would it be easiest to be there at 9am first thing? It is hard for me to get off work and I do not think I can go on the weekends I don't think he is eligible for weekend visits.. I am going to call in the morning and also ask but I just wanted advice from someone who has experienced this also.. I have not seen him and it's killing me!
Any advice about Graterford is definitely appreciated! thanks so much
Old 04-23-2013, 08:44 PM

Just google, Graterford Prison PA visiting hours. >_> I had the link but I can't post it at all. Sorry.. :[ And you have to be on the "approved" list if you aren't already.

Last edited by Sinclaire; 04-23-2013 at 08:45 PM..