Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 05-01-2004, 10:25 PM

Arrow Decatur County Correctional Institution, Georgia

DECATUR COUNTY CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
DECATUR COUNTY, GA

ADDRESS:
1153 AIRPORT RD
POST OFFICE BOX 2053
BAINBRIDGE, GA 31717

TEL.:
(229) 248-3035
FAX : (229) 248-3041

ADULT MALE FELONS
CAPACITY: 200
CONSTRUCTED: 1954
OPENED: 1954
SECURITY LEVEL: MINIMUM
RENOVATED: 1977

MISSION:
Provides housing for state and county inmates and a general labor force supporting Decatur County Government.

HOUSING:
Four open dormitories.

WORK DETAILS:
Provides details to Road Department, County Landfill and other County and State Government agencies.

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED

Substance Abuse: AA/NA, Substance Abuse Education

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services

DIRECTIONS:

From Atlanta: I-85 South to Columbus, GA. From Columbus take GA 1 (US 27 South) to Bainbridge. Exit on 84 West, go approximately 50 yards, turn left onto Airport Road. Decatur County Prison is one mile on the right.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2008, 01:58 PM

Default Info

I'm trying to find out more information about Decatur County CI, especially about visitation procedures. My boyfriend was just transferred there from Dooly State Prison last night. I also wanted to see if anyone could tell be difference between a state facility and county camp.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Donation Award 

hi laketa4782. i'm not familiar with decatur county ci but welcome to pto. call them directly for their visitation.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laketa4782 View Post
I'm trying to find out more information about Decatur County CI, especially about visitation procedures. My boyfriend was just transferred there from Dooly State Prison last night. I also wanted to see if anyone could tell be difference between a state facility and county camp.

hey i wanted to get some info on the visits at dcci... my bf is there and i live in florida.. how long are the visits and what can u bring?
Old 03-22-2011, 01:07 AM

hey, my husband is there, its okay, I am not sure about the difference between a county camp and a state facility since my husband was sent there and not a state facility but vistation is okay, I love going to see him every week and is laid back, no one is bothering you.... I HEAR alot of people talking about prisons not letting you touch each other but me and my husband touch and hug althrough the visit and no one says any thing hope this helps....

Quote:
Originally Posted by laketa4782 View Post