Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison Profiles > Georgia State Prisons > Dooly State Prison - Georgia
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dooly State Prison - Georgia Topics and discussion specific to Dooly State Prison in Unadilla, Georgia.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-01-2004, 09:11 PM
strongernow's Avatar
strongernow strongernow is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,167
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 20 Posts
Arrow Dooly State Prison, Georgia

DOOLY STATE PRISON
DOOLY COUNTY, GA


ADDRESS:
4 P. O. BOX 750
UNADILLA, GA 31091

TEL.: (478) 627-2000
FAX : (478) 627-2140

ADULT MALE FELONS
CAPACITY: 1129
CONSTRUCTED: 1993
OPENED: 1994
SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
RENOVATED: N/A



HISTORY:

Houses medium security general population prisoner that may not be suitable for a county institution due to their offense or physical limitations.

HOUSING:
Consists of nine living units of which nine contain 48 double-bunked cells and one open living unit with four separate living areas which contain 265 beds. There is one isolation/segregation unit which contains 48 cells.

WORK DETAILS:
Building and Grounds Maintenance, Georgia National Fairground, City of Warner Robins, Houston County, City of Unadilla, Dooly County, Recycling, Farm, and Georgia State

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED, ABE, GSAMS, Remedial Education

Substance Abuse: Substance Abuse Education, AA/NA

Counseling: Individual and Group Counseling, Family Violence, Victim Impact, Corrective Thinking, TOPPSTEP

Recreation: General Recreation

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services

Vocational/OJT Teacher Aide, Firefighter, Commercial Painting, Library

DIRECTIONS:
From Atlanta: Take I- 75 South toward Macon all the way out to I-475 toward Valdosta. I-475 will turn back into I-75. Take I-75 to exit 122 (Byromville/Unadilla) and make a left off of the ramp. Go straight until you get to the stop sign across from Flag Bank. Make a left at the stop sign and then a right at the sign that says Dooly State Prison. Make the 1st left past the railroad tracks and continue on that road (Railroad St). It will take you directly to Dooly State Prison.

From Macon: Take I-75 South toward Valdosta and exit at Byromville/Unadilla exit #122. And then follow directions posted above.

Last edited by strongernow; 05-04-2004 at 11:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-26-2006, 05:57 PM
sueZQ sueZQ is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: california, usa
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hello!
Any idea about the isolation cells? I am writing something and was hoping to know the description of Dooly's hole - food flap, lights on 24/7, things like that. Appreciate anyone's info. Thanks,

SueZQ
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-02-2007, 12:47 AM
poodleballoon poodleballoon is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: GEORGIA
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongernow
DOOLY STATE PRISON

DOOLY COUNTY, GA


ADDRESS:
4 P. O. BOX 750
UNADILLA, GA 31091

TEL.: (478) 627-2000
FAX : (478) 627-2140

ADULT MALE FELONS
CAPACITY: 1129
CONSTRUCTED: 1993
OPENED: 1994
SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
RENOVATED: N/A



HISTORY:
Houses medium security general population prisoner that may not be suitable for a county institution due to their offense or physical limitations.

HOUSING:
Consists of nine living units of which nine contain 48 double-bunked cells and one open living unit with four separate living areas which contain 265 beds. There is one isolation/segregation unit which contains 48 cells.

WORK DETAILS:
Building and Grounds Maintenance, Georgia National Fairground, City of Warner Robins, Houston County, City of Unadilla, Dooly County, Recycling, Farm, and Georgia State

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED, ABE, GSAMS, Remedial Education

Substance Abuse: Substance Abuse Education, AA/NA

Counseling: Individual and Group Counseling, Family Violence, Victim Impact, Corrective Thinking, TOPPSTEP

Recreation: General Recreation

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services

Vocational/OJT Teacher Aide, Firefighter, Commercial Painting, Library

DIRECTIONS:
From Atlanta: Take I- 75 South toward Macon all the way out to I-475 toward Valdosta. I-475 will turn back into I-75. Take I-75 to exit 122 (Byromville/Unadilla) and make a left off of the ramp. Go straight until you get to the stop sign across from Flag Bank. Make a left at the stop sign and then a right at the sign that says Dooly State Prison. Make the 1st left past the railroad tracks and continue on that road (Railroad St). It will take you directly to Dooly State Prison.

From Macon: Take I-75 South toward Valdosta and exit at Byromville/Unadilla exit #122. And then follow directions posted above.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-26-2008, 08:27 PM
benjiaugusta benjiaugusta is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 16
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hi,
My grandson is at Dooly. The questions you asked I don't know anything about them.
He doesn't complain when we visit. He doesn't want to talk about anything in the prison at all.
If you know anything I would love to hear.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-26-2008, 08:29 PM
benjiaugusta benjiaugusta is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 16
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

My grandson was in the hole last month. according to him it is a 2 man cell, with the doors locked and store priviledges taken away. No TV.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-16-2009, 06:10 AM
Esther922 Esther922 is offline
Closed
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 9
Thanks: 13
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default Address for mail to Dooly state prison

Hi guys, I've got a penpal who's recently been moved to Dooly state prison and I was wondering if anyone knew the address for prisoners mail? I'm in Australia so this is all very foreign to me as our justice system is very different. If anyone had any information on what its like in Dooly or american jails in general I'd really appreciate it as well. Thanks heaps.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-16-2009, 06:22 AM
dingy2366 dingy2366 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: acworth
Posts: 152
Thanks: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

well i dont know if anyone has been to dooly yet or not, but my son actually lives there ( not in prison ) , there are no red lights in that town. it is very small, no grocery store, but there is a general store,gas station combined into one. and a dollar store. its a very mayberry town. but its a nice town.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dingy2366 For This Useful Post:
Esther922 (06-23-2009)
  #8  
Old 07-15-2009, 09:20 AM
kim78's Avatar
kim78 kim78 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gwinnett Georgia, United States
Posts: 541
Thanks: 194
Thanked 228 Times in 179 Posts
Default

I don't know if anyone answered but you should address your letter as follows:

John Doe (dorm)<-- if you don't have his dorm # u will be fine it just takes a couple extra days to get his mail
GDC #
Dooly State Prison
P.O. Box 750
Unadilla, GA 31091

My boyfriend has been there since January let me know if you have any questions.
__________________
If God brings you to it,
He will bring you through it...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-16-2010, 06:49 PM
heather1987's Avatar
heather1987 heather1987 is offline
MissingHimLikeCrazy
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: alabama
Posts: 35
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

does anyone know if dooly lets people do promise rings instead of getting married?
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-16-2010, 07:52 PM
kim78's Avatar
kim78 kim78 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gwinnett Georgia, United States
Posts: 541
Thanks: 194
Thanked 228 Times in 179 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1987 View Post
does anyone know if dooly lets people do promise rings instead of getting married?
I would call his counselor and ask, explain the situation
__________________
If God brings you to it,
He will bring you through it...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-18-2010, 12:37 PM
parkhad01 parkhad01 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 384
Thanks: 289
Thanked 235 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Not sure if they would allow "promise rings" but you can always try. Did he just get there? He gets to fill out a request form for personal items, I believe he can put a ring request in. He will get it approved, mail it to you. Then you can get the items on the list and mail them back. Tell him to talk to his counselor. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Mommy4Two's Avatar
Mommy4Two Mommy4Two is offline
Truly, Madly, Deeply
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,392
Thanks: 3,134
Thanked 1,228 Times in 834 Posts
Default

I don't believe the prison would know the difference in a promise ring and a wedding band. On the form, I think it just says a ring... (although it may differ from prison to prison)... I wouldn't make a huge deal about it. Have him fill out the package request form, send it to him and have him wear it! Good luck!
__________________

And we're more in love and happier than ever!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Baby_Boo_4279 Baby_Boo_4279 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Visitation

I'm about to visit someone for the first time at Dooly State Prison. I was wondering how it worked... I'm nervous because I have never done anything like this before!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Baby_Boo_4279 Baby_Boo_4279 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Hotels!

Does anyone know of any good hotels to stay at in the area?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-21-2010, 07:17 AM
SUGAR4679 SUGAR4679 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: GEORGIA
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Hey Baby boo. I always stay at the travel Logde in Perry Ga. very nice hotel. When are you planning on going?
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Brandi76 Brandi76 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 227
Thanks: 49
Thanked 76 Times in 63 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGAR4679 View Post
Hey Baby boo. I always stay at the travel Logde in Perry Ga. very nice hotel. When are you planning on going?
Thank You for this information. I have gone the past two weekends, but I think I am going to hold off going again until Nov. and I would like to stay the whole weekend.
__________________












Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Baby_Boo_4279 Baby_Boo_4279 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Hotels!

I plan on going the weekend of Halloween. I just checked and the Travelodge is completely booked for that weekend. I don't know what I am going to do....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGAR4679 View Post
Hey Baby boo. I always stay at the travel Logde in Perry Ga. very nice hotel. When are you planning on going?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Brandi76 Brandi76 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 227
Thanks: 49
Thanked 76 Times in 63 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Boo_4279 View Post
I plan on going the weekend of Halloween. I just checked and the Travelodge is completely booked for that weekend. I don't know what I am going to do....

Have you checked to see if there were any other hotels in the area. The next closest city would be Warner Robbins.
__________________












Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-25-2010, 09:09 AM
SUGAR4679 SUGAR4679 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: GEORGIA
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Default

There is a best western (I think thats the name) across the street from the travelodge. I just like the area and its seems more close to the prison. Its on the same exit. Try there and see.
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Brandi76 Brandi76 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 227
Thanks: 49
Thanked 76 Times in 63 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGAR4679 View Post
There is a best western (I think thats the name) across the street from the travelodge. I just like the area and its seems more close to the prison. Its on the same exit. Try there and see.
Its on the same exit as Travelodge?
__________________












Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-28-2010, 06:08 AM
SUGAR4679 SUGAR4679 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: GEORGIA
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Yes the same exit. Right across the street from the travel lodge. Im not sure of the name but I think its best western. I have never stayed there alway the travel lodge. And every where else that is close to the prison seems run down.
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Kuntry_By<3 Kuntry_By<3 is offline
Forever His Girl
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tn USA
Posts: 634
Thanks: 468
Thanked 653 Times in 285 Posts
Default

Whatever you do, do not stay at the Scottish Inn! OMG! My best friend went down with me for my last visit and he wanted to sleep while I visited so he got a room there and they are freakishly nasty! I am just glad all I had to do in that room was fix my hair and go! Lol.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Brandi76 Brandi76 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 227
Thanks: 49
Thanked 76 Times in 63 Posts
Default

Thanks for that info FredsGal. I am trying to decide if I am going to go this weekend.
__________________












Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Kuntry_By<3 Kuntry_By<3 is offline
Forever His Girl
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tn USA
Posts: 634
Thanks: 468
Thanked 653 Times in 285 Posts
Default

Brandi76 ...... Did you make it to visit your love?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-26-2012, 09:59 PM
rwindley22 rwindley22 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: springfield, Massachusetts USa
Posts: 47
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

My name is Cocoa and I am looking for a black male under the age of 35 who is over 6 feet tall and doing 5 years or more to write to. If you know any one like this please let me know.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prison Labor - Against Made in the USA MsChiku Ohio News & Events 4 01-28-2012 01:06 PM
Complete Unit List Trulykath Other Texas Prisons 6 12-22-2005 07:48 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:10 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2013 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics