Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 05-01-2004, 09:56 PM

Arrow Floyd County Correctional Institution, Georgia

FLOYD COUNTY CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
(AKA FLOYD COUNTY PRISON)

FLOYD COUNTY, GA

ADDRESS:
329 BLACK BLUFF RD SW
ROME, GA 30161-9567

TEL.: (706) 236-2494
FAX : (706) 236-2483

ADULT MALE FELONS
CAPACITY: 220
CONSTRUCTED: 1926
OPENED: 1977
SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
RENOVATED: 1988

MISSION:
Provides housing for state and county inmates and a general labor force supporting Floyd County Government.

HOUSING:
Three dormitories with 60 beds and one dorm with 40 beds, five isolation beds, four segregation beds and eight beds in sick bay.

WORK DETAILS:

Provides labor for Floyd County Public Works, Rome/Floyd Recreation Authority, Animal Control, Recycling, Police, Courthouse, Airport, Georgia State Patrol and two contract details to the City of Rome.

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED, Remedial Reading/Math

Substance Abuse:AA/NA, Substance Abuse Education

Counseling: Individual, Family Violence, Victim Impact

Recreation: General Recreation

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services

DIRECTIONS:
From Atlanta: I-75 North to Exit 290. Follow signs to Highway 411 to Rome. Stay on Highway 411 to Darlington Drive Exit. At first stop sign, turn left. At second stop sign, turn right onto Darlington Drive. Go to end and turn left onto Cave Spring Street. Go ½ block and turn right onto Park Road. Go to the end and turn left onto Black Bluff Road. First building in complex is the prison.

Last edited by strongernow; 05-01-2004 at 09:57 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2008, 12:49 PM

Does anyone have a loved one who has been sent here? I'm trying to gather information for my boyfriend. He was told by another inmate that this is a fairly decent place. The food is supposed to be better and they have work detail programs and counseling programs. If anyone knows anything please let me know either by post or PM'ing me.

Thanks in advance!!
HungryAnvil
Monika
The Following User Says Thank You to hungryanvil For This Useful Post:
AMG2009 (02-24-2009)
Old 01-27-2009, 11:22 PM

Default much better than private prison d ray james!!!

According to my fiance, floyd is a cake walk. They eat better/more protein (inmates don't steal from kitchen), get to work, he works at the recycling center in rome. He even has a homeless cat at the recycling center that he calls jo-jo that likes to ride around on his shoulder. His time passes much more quickly. Personal Safety isn't such an issue there. He says the problem makers are out numbered instead of being a majority like at D Ray james prison. He also says that if you choose to work the optional 6 th day of work each week (Saturday) they give them "free world food" (ie..pizza or hamburgers etc) or visitors passes to allow someone to visit not on his approved visitation list.

Hope this helps!!!!
Old 02-01-2009, 05:06 PM

That helps alot, AllieP! Thanks so much for replying to my post. My boyfriend is close to being transferred from Jackson and I sure hope he gets to go to Floyd! It's close to home (an hour away) and sounds like a better place to be such as it is...

HungryAnvil
Monika
Old 02-24-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryanvil View Post
Does anyone have a loved one who has been sent here? I'm trying to gather information for my boyfriend. He was told by another inmate that this is a fairly decent place. The food is supposed to be better and they have work detail programs and counseling programs. If anyone knows anything please let me know either by post or PM'ing me.

Thanks in advance!!
HungryAnvil
Monika

My fiance has been at Floyd County since December of 2007. Its a fairly decent place, no complaints. He only has 5 more months to go. I visit every weekend.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:14 PM

Thanks for the reply but my boyfriend got transferred to Baldwin a couple of weeks ago..Maybe someday they'll get him up to Floyd and closer to home. We'll see.

HungryAnvil
Monika
Old 05-07-2009, 02:15 AM

Default does anyone know when visitation is

my fiance is being transferred there tomorrow and I need to know when visitation is and how the phone calls work. can anyone help me>
Old 05-07-2009, 07:27 AM

Default phones and visitation

phones are through global tel link 886-230-7761. My fiance is able to call my cell (metro pcs) b/c i set up a prepaid acct by calling above number. calls are less than 6 dollars for 15 min. 10 dollar acct setup fee. you can add 25 or 50 dollars to prepaid acct at a time.

visitation is every weekend. Sat n Sun. State prisoners have visitation from 9 am to 1 pm on both sat n sun. the county prisoners begin their visitation at 1 pm. I'm not sure what time it ends for them. The staff at Floyd is very helpful. I'm sure they could tell you more about the county prisoners visitation if needed. Visitation is held in what looks like a gym. you sit across from your inmate in a plastic chair. No table between you both. He is not allowed to get up unless to use the restroom. You must get up and retrieve all items from the vending machine for both of you. they have a change machine if you don't bring quarters. I would recommend at least 10 dollars per person. they have sandwiches, desserts, candy, soda etc. which can be heated in microwave provided near vending. Nothing from outside allowed. Metal detectors upon entering with valid state i.d. must know your vehicle tag info for sign in sheet. You must also be on an approved visitation list for your inmate. They lock the gates by 11 45 am. So arrive by then to visit. you will be locked in until 1pm when the visit is concluded. They annouce that they will be locking gates at 1145 so that anyone that must leave early has the opportunity.
Ive only had to wait up to 10 mins for my fiance to arrive to vistation after I sign in.

any other questions ----just ask.

Allie P
Old 05-07-2009, 08:01 PM

i am so glad to hear all of this! my brother was sent there last night and i have been a wreck trying to figure this out! he was transfered from Montgomery sp and is now much closer to home! I am now thrilled and can hardly wait to go see him! =]
Old 05-28-2009, 11:26 AM

my fianice just got sent to floyd county ci will he be able to call me as soon as he gets there or how does that work?? any replys are appreciated
Old 11-16-2009, 10:38 AM

Hi, my husband is at Floyd County CI and I was wondering if any of you ladies know anything about Christmas packages this year?
Old 07-06-2010, 01:31 AM
Donation Award 

Default Most Racist Prison Ever!!!

I really dislike having to inform people about this prison and please note this is just my opinion from my experience!!!

This is the first time I've had a loved one in prison and have never had to deal with visitations and so on... I have heard several stories about this prison and for the most part I was under the impression that it was a pretty good facility as far as the types of rehab programs. I have been visiting this location for about 2months now and have stop going on a particular weekend because of a certain grp of CO. The COs have rotating weekends to work the visitaion shift (they work every other weekend). There is one grp that's very respectful and nice during visitation, but the other grp are total AH and are on some type of power trip. Well at least that's what I thought...come to find out that they are just a bunch of underpaid rude heartless racist!!! I am known to be very observant and what I discovered was very disappointing. I do understand that racism is still alive and well...but dang!!! I am sickened by this and to make matters worst there is really nothing I could do without risking something happening to the one I love. Yes I could report the officers but even their superiors seem to uphold them. This is so sad but true. I would go into more detail about this matter but I feel as if I can only share with those who are interested. I just don't feel like typing an entire page...lol. Hopes this help prepare someone who's on there way to visit a loved one in Floyd County Prison, Rome, GA
Old 09-25-2010, 10:39 PM

Default Ala mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongernow View Post
FLOYD COUNTY CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION

(AKA FLOYD COUNTY PRISON)
FLOYD COUNTY, GA

ADDRESS:
329 BLACK BLUFF RD SW
ROME, GA 30161-9567

TEL.: (706) 236-2494
FAX : (706) 236-2483

ADULT MALE FELONS
CAPACITY: 220
CONSTRUCTED: 1926
OPENED: 1977
SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
RENOVATED: 1988

MISSION:
Provides housing for state and county inmates and a general labor force supporting Floyd County Government.

HOUSING:
Three dormitories with 60 beds and one dorm with 40 beds, five isolation beds, four segregation beds and eight beds in sick bay.

WORK DETAILS:
Provides labor for Floyd County Public Works, Rome/Floyd Recreation Authority, Animal Control, Recycling, Police, Courthouse, Airport, Georgia State Patrol and two contract details to the City of Rome.

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED, Remedial Reading/Math

Substance Abuse:AA/NA, Substance Abuse Education

Counseling: Individual, Family Violence, Victim Impact

Recreation: General Recreation

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services

DIRECTIONS:
From Atlanta: I-75 North to Exit 290. Follow signs to Highway 411 to Rome. Stay on Highway 411 to Darlington Drive Exit. At first stop sign, turn left. At second stop sign, turn right onto Darlington Drive. Go to end and turn left onto Cave Spring Street. Go ½ block and turn right onto Park Road. Go to the end and turn left onto Black Bluff Road. First building in complex is the prison.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:42 PM

My son is hopefully being transferred there soon and i wanted to know how to send money for the store. Can you send money orders or is it just J Pay?
Old 09-25-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaMcE2 View Post
Hi, my husband is at Floyd County CI and I was wondering if any of you ladies know anything about Christmas packages this year?
how do you send money to inmates at floyd co ci?
Old 10-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to the GA forums Ala Mom,
I am not sure how money is put on at this facility, try contacting them directly. Generally, this is the process:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=482687
Old 05-27-2012, 09:09 PM

hi my fiance just recently got sent there and i was wondering does anybody wna carpool. i stay near augusta and im willing to go half on gas and etc. please inbox