Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 05-01-2004, 07:48 PM

Arrow Georgia State Prison

GEORGIA STATE PRISON
TATTNALL COUNTY, GA

ADDRESS:
300 1ST AVENUE SOUTH
HCO1
REIDSVILLE, GA 30453

TEL.: (912) 557-7301
FAX : (912) 557-7241

ADULT MALE FELONS
CAPACITY: 1334
CONSTRUCTED: 1937
OPENED: 1937
SECURITY LEVEL: MAXIMUM
RENOVATED: 1979

MISSION:
Houses the most recalcitrant and aggressive male adult offenders incarcerated in the Georgia Prison system. The prison includes a Mental Health unit and a unit for HIV-positive prisoners.

HOUSING:
Consists of eleven buildings containing four two-tiered cell blocks with single cells. Cell blocks are organized into two general population units and one special management unit. Trusty inmates reside at the Fire State away from the main compound.

WORK DETAILS:
Due to their custody levels, prisoners remain within the confines of the main compound of the prison. Special authorization allows inmate assignment to the Fire Station.

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED, ABE, Remedial, In-Cell Programs

Substance Abuse: Substance Abuse Education, AA/NA

Counseling: Sex Offender, Prerelease, Positive Mental Attitude, Anger Management

Recreation: General Recreation

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Study

Vocational/OJT: Radio/TV Repair, Laundry, Painting, Firefighter, Clerical

DIRECTIONS:

From Atlanta: I-75 to Macon then I-16 towards Savannah. Exit on Highway 29 below Dublin. Turn right towards Vidalia. From Vidalia take Highway 280 to Lyons then turn right at the first traffic light. Georgia State Prison is located approximately 20 miles South of Lyons on Highway 178 and Highway 147.
The Following User Says Thank You to strongernow For This Useful Post:
TheMiracleWorker (09-28-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2004, 11:17 AM

Great news! My man had his death sentence overturned late last year and is now in GA state prison doing LWOP. He has finally been able to get the visitation forms for me to fill in and hopefully I can travel from England next year to see him again. The only problem is I have no idea if there is a motel close by GA state prison to stay in. In the past when I visited him on Death Row in Jackson, I travelled with other British visitors and we shared expenses etc, now I am on my own in this as their loved ones are still in Jackson. Does anyone if there is a motel or guest house close by GA state prison? I would be grateful for this information, Many thanks....... Cathy
Old 07-27-2004, 01:27 PM

sorry I don't know about the motels or anything around there. Just wanted to say congrats on getting his death sentence overturned!!! : )
"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails..." 1COR 13:4-8
Old 07-27-2004, 02:25 PM

Thanks Jennifer, I will pass on your message to him. He was on the row for 27 years so it's been a long haul.

Take care
Cathy
Old 07-27-2004, 03:06 PM
aka klyn and I hate Ga

when i go to Rogers State which is a half a mile down the road from georgia State,I stay in Baxley bout 20 mins from the prison..its very clean and in a nice part of town.The name of the motel is Holiday Day Express.. 53 Herritage Rd.Baxley ga phone number is 912-367=6653,,but let me warn you there is nothing to do there..right by motel there is a wendys and a dollor store that u can walk to.hope this helps some )
Old 12-25-2004, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klyn
when i go to Rogers State which is a half a mile down the road from georgia State,I stay in Baxley bout 20 mins from the prison..its very clean and in a nice part of town.The name of the motel is Holiday Day Express.. 53 Herritage Rd.Baxley ga phone number is 912-367=6653,,but let me warn you there is nothing to do there..right by motel there is a wendys and a dollor store that u can walk to.hope this helps some )
My son is in Rogers State Prison. And I go to visit quite often. If you stay in Vidalia which is also about a 20 minute drive from the prison there is lots more there to do and several motels to choose from. There is a Holiday Inn, Days Inn and a Comfort Inn just to name a few. There are also every type of fast food place you can think of along with several other places to eat. They have a Walmart for shopping, and other activities as well. Hope this helps.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:14 PM

There is a motel In the city of Reidsville, GA It is called Friendship City Inn.. I dont think it is that expensive . It is a small town. It is about 5-7 mins from the prison. I live about 15 mins from there. Phone # to Friendship city Inn is 1-912-557-6899.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Love Adrain

Angry Gsp

If anyone knows anything about GSP please let me know. My finace is there for 5 years for his behavior at other prisons. I don't like what I here from him. Its a sinlge cell prison and now he's in the "hole" for 2 years for misconduct to an officer. It's not right how he is getting treated.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:31 AM

Hello Everyone! New to the site and looking for information. My brother is in Rogers State Prison and I'm looking for an approved mail list. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Donation Award 

hi Templar409.

welcome to the ga forum. most lists include things such as underwear, socks, pajamas, towels, pictures etc. your brother has to request the list from his counselor and mail it to you. it will have the specific quantities and colors he is allowed. he may also have to request to receive books and periodicals before you send them from the publisher. have him check with his counselor as well.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Forever Yours

What does anyone know about GSP. Is it a rough place. My heart is aching right now to think he is in a hard core violent place. I know my guy just got there. I really don't know much else. How would I go about sending money to him? Also, the list of things he can have; where can I get that? Do I myself have to be on a list to send it to him? Thanks!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO!
GDOC recently made changes when sending money. We now have 3 choices, sending a money order to a central location - GDOC Inmate Trust POB 405699, Atl, GA 30384, BY JPAY or Western Union. For the list of things, he has to fill out a form and have it approved by the prison. I THINK it is the warden of care & treatment or of security, but I have been doing in for so long I do not remember who approves it. They have to get it approved by the 10th of the month. He will then send the form to you.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:55 PM
aka klyn and I hate Ga

and remember if the form was signed on the 10th of the month what you are sending in HAS to be there by the 10th of the next month...
Old 03-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Forever Yours

If I send a moeny order, what all info needs to be on it?
Old 03-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Forever Yours

Besides not knowing what all to write on the money order, is there only certain times you can send money?
Old 03-14-2009, 11:24 PM
Donation Award 

You can send a money order any time. you should incl. his name and gdc# on mo. You also have to include the "coupon" found on the website
Old 05-03-2009, 06:56 PM

Need info on Mitchell County in Camilla. My son is going there next week or two. I can not find anyone talking about this place. That scares me. Please anyone who knows anything please let me know.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:33 PM

what kind of place is GA state? I see it listed as a Trusty to HI-Max. How do I find out what level my son is in?
Old 07-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome trulyclueless,

I think it USED TO BE, but since fall, 2008 I think the goal is for it namely to be a medium-level facility. They transferred those with closed and maximum-security to other facilities. Formerly, it was the states maximum-secutiy level.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:36 AM
aka klyn and I hate Ga

totallyclueless Welcome to PTO and the Ga forums.ask him he will know good luck
Old 07-12-2009, 07:46 PM

I talked with a lady there, (several in fact) and they have all been really great! He is minimum security. We received the visitation forms that have to be filled out yesterday. Already filled them out and notarized and ready to go back in the mail! I am so excited about seeing my son! I cant wait for him to come home. Maybe it wont be long, he got a 10 do 3 and was in the county jail for 01/29 to 06/11, then to Jackson and then to Georgia State on 07/07.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:57 AM

I appreciate the info and the warm welcome! Hugs to you all!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:02 PM

I am going to visit my guy for the first time on Saturday and I am kinda nervous. I have never gone through any of this nor do I know what to expect or do. I am going to stay at Friendship Inn I guess on Friday night and then go see him Saturday morning. My guy is now at his 6th prison. He was supposed to be paroled almost a year ago
Old 09-30-2009, 08:10 AM

I know how you feel. We were extremely nervous about going to see our son, but everyone there has been extremely wonderful! Wishing you the best and maybe see you soon!
Old 09-30-2009, 09:09 PM

Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathywclarke View Post
Great news! My man had his death sentence overturned late last year and is now in GA state prison doing LWOP. He has finally been able to get the visitation forms for me to fill in and hopefully I can travel from England next year to see him again. The only problem is I have no idea if there is a motel close by GA state prison to stay in. In the past when I visited him on Death Row in Jackson, I travelled with other British visitors and we shared expenses etc, now I am on my own in this as their loved ones are still in Jackson. Does anyone if there is a motel or guest house close by GA state prison? I would be grateful for this information, Many thanks....... Cathy
Hi Cathy,

My husband i s not at Ga stat but he is right down the road at Rogers State.. When i wen they have a Holiday inn 20 minutes away and they also have a motel near by. If you google Hotels in Reidsville GA I think that you will be able to find something.