Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pennsylvania Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Pennsylvania prisons.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:49 PM

Default Somerset Questions

I am trying to plan a trip to go to Somerset on a weekend. Either Saturday of Sunday. Is it crowded on weekends there? Like crowded to the point that they will cut your visit short? If I drive up there want to stay off day. That drive is way too far to get turned away of only get like an hour or two visit. Also do anyone know how long it take to drive up there in a car? All information is helpful.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 12:02 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdub View Post
I am trying to plan a trip to go to Somerset on a weekend. Either Saturday of Sunday. Is it crowded on weekends there? Like crowded to the point that they will cut your visit short? If I drive up there want to stay off day. That drive is way too far to get turned away of only get like an hour or two visit. Also do anyone know how long it take to drive up there in a car? All information is helpful.
Most SCI's are crowded during the weekends. I prefer thru the week.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:30 AM

I usually go on fridays or sundays and I get there first thing in the morning and get to stay till 2 or 3.....the only time I had to leave early was on a holiday when they were short staffed. I leave from york pa and it takes about 2 1/2 hours to get there. Good luck!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizgirl6469 View Post
Most SCI's are crowded during the weekends. I prefer thru the week.
I have to agree with you. On weekends are when the bus loads of visitors come in. And the majority of folks have weekends off that work. I prefer weekdays. I work weekends, thank god~! lol I would NEVER want to do a visit on a weekend, ever..
Old 09-09-2012, 03:18 PM

Im planning my first weekend visit to Somerset. I have done Graterford on a Sunday and was able to stay for the entire visit, I hope the same will be true at Somerset. I feel like the room is bigger than Graterford.
"Patience serves as a protection against wrongs as clothes do against cold. For if you put on more clothes as the cold increases, it will have no power to hurt you. So in like manner you must grow in patience when you meet with great wrongs, and they will then be powerless to vex your mind."