Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 05-01-2004, 05:51 PM

Arrow Muscogee County Correctional Institution, Georgia

MUSCOGEE COUNTY CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
(MUSCOGEE COUNTY PRISON)
MUSCOGEE COUNTY, GEORGIA

ADDRESS:
7175 SACERDOTE LANE
POST OFFICE BOX 84041
COLUMBUS, GA 31908-4041

TEL.: (912) 764-6217
FAX : (912) 489-1366

ADULT MALE FELONS
CAPACITY: 576
CONSTRUCTED: 1997
OPENED: 1997
SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
RENOVATED:

MISSION:

Provides housing for state and county inmates and a general labor force supporting Muscogee County Government.

HOUSING:

Two pods -- six dormitories each with 48 beds per dormitory. 20 isolation/segregation cells.

WORK DETAILS:

Provides general labor to supplement consolidated government work forces in maintenance shops, on public roads, construction and sanitation services.

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED, Literacy

Substance Abuse: Substance Abuse Education, AA/NA

Counseling: Stress Management, Self-Growth

Recreation: General Recreation

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Stud

Vocational/OJT: Custodial Maintenance, Food Service, Building Maintenance, Laundry Services, Auto Repair

DIRECTIONS:
From Atlanta: I-85 South to I-185 to the J.R. Allen Parkway Exit. Take J.R. Allen Parkway East to the first traffic light. Turn right on Flat Rock Road. Cross Macon Road and continue straight on Schatulga Road for approximately one mile. Turn left on Sacerdote Lane. Muscogee County Prison is at the dead end of Sacerdote Lane.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2004, 09:59 AM

Hi -- does anyone else have a loved on in Muskogee? My son was transferred there yesterday, and I'm looking for information about the place.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:54 PM
jailhouse

that's the sorriest place in the state, and very hard to get away from. that place reminded me of the movie (cool hand luke ). I was there from sept. 1997 to sept. 1998. no privacy at all. your like in a fish bowl. you have no reg. clothes, after you come off detail they give you another set of clothes that have oil stains all over them. but you probably already know all of this by now.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:50 PM
waiting on Mike

My brother was there from Jan. 05- May 05, he hated it there. He was always complaining about the clothes, food and the drug use. He got a DR for insubordination because he did not look an officer in the eye when he spoke to him.He spent 19 days in isolation for this, how stupid. Anyway, he is home finally but still has 16 months on parole. I hope your son has a better expeience than my brother did!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njf View Post
Hi -- does anyone else have a loved on in Muskogee? My son was transferred there yesterday, and I'm looking for information about the place.
My son got there today and I am also seeking information.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:10 PM

My son was put there in June 2009. He is having to sleep on mattress on the floor in the dorm. With bugs and Cigarette ashes. He no longer has a locker to put his food in. Or personal belongings. That is on the floor also. But he is considered county. If your loved one is state, then he will have a bed and locker. The others have to give theirs up. Also, right after he got there, he wrote a request to put his tennis shoes he was wearing with the street clothes he had on. They refused to do it. I called and complained to the cancellor, which didn't help at all. My son was on depression medicine before he went in. This place doen[t have a mental health assesment ward. All it is is a work camp. Someone else who was there before told me that drugs are very available there. I go and visit my son on Saturdays. I can hear one area of the dorms when I walk in. They are so LOUD and would drive anyone crazy living there listening to it 24 hours a day. That's where the county men are. They are short timers less than a year.