Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Georgia Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Georgia prisons.

Old 05-01-2004, 05:44 PM

Arrow Pulaski State Prison, Georgia

PULASKI STATE PRISON (WOMEN’S)
PULAKSI COUNTY, GEORGIA

ADDRESS:
POST OFFICE BOX 839
HAWKINSVILLE, GA 31036

TEL.: (478) 783-6000
FAX : (478) 783-6008

ADULT FEMALE FELONS
CAPACITY: 1048
CONSTRUCTED: 1994
OPENED: 1994
SECURITY LEVEL: MAXIMUM
RENOVATED: 1998

MISSION:
The Mission of Pulaski State Prison is fivefold: Houses female inmates of all security levels and juveniles; Maintains a residential therapeutic substance abuse program; Supports a Correctional Industries garment plant; Houses Level II outpatient Mental Health inmates; and Houses a Supportive Living Unit for Level III Mental Health inmates.

HOUSING:
Consists of six buildings with 48 double rooms to house up to 96 per building; one building with both single and double rooms to house up to 88 inmates, eight of those rooms are handicap rooms. One building houses up to 60 maximum-security and isolation/segregation cells. Two buildings consist of 96 double-bed rooms up to 192 per building.

WORK DETAILS:
Correctional Industries Garment Plant, Grounds Maintenance, Custodial, Laundry, Orderlies, General Maintenance, Food Service, City Detail.

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED, ABE, Special Education, Literacy, GSAMS

Substance Abuse: Substance Abuse Education, AA/NA, Residential Substance Abuse Treatment Program and Specialized Intervention Program I and II

Counseling: Parenting, Corrective Thinking, Family Violence, Victim Impact, TOPPSTEP, Vital Issues, Dysfunctional Families, Confronting Self, Female Perpetrators of Family Violence and Systematic Training for Effective Parenting

Recreation: General Recreation

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Study, Choir, Islamic Studies and KAIROS

Vocational/OJT: Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Office Practices, Hotel/Motel Management, Vocational GSAMS, Food Service, Horticulture, Laundry, Groundskeeping, Custodial Maintenance and Vehicle Maintenance

DIRECTIONS:
From Atlanta: I-75 South to Exit 135. Take US 341 to Hawkinsville. Cross the Ocmulgee River Bridge and travel 1/4 mile. Turn left onto State Route 26 and travel ½ mile. Turn left onto Upper River Road. Pulaski SP is two miles on the left. Use the second driveway.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2008, 05:17 PM

Why can't toll free calls be made from Pulaski ????
Old 12-27-2008, 05:19 PM

I have sent alot of money to my family member there, the money doesn't make it to my family member, who is stealing the money???
Old 12-28-2008, 10:36 PM

Why am I getting reports of the prison not feeding people on Friday, Saturday and Sundays correctly? The people at Pulaski are getting one, maybe 2 meals a day on those 3 days. Whet the hell is going on there??
Old 12-28-2008, 10:37 PM

Why doesn't someone answer my questions? Am I alone in this room?
Old 12-29-2008, 01:16 AM
aka klyn and I hate Ga

They only work a 4 day week so on Friday,Saturday and Sunday NO LUNCHES
Old 12-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Donation Award 

welcome to the ga forum, robertsommers.

are you the inmate's approved visitors list? if not, you cannot send money to your relative. the money orders should've been returned to you by postal mail. if you are an approved visitor, then the money should've been credited. call the post office or wherever you purchased the money order from and track it ASAP. you should call pulaski and speak to the business office and/or the mailroom to find out if the money has been received an credited.

ga prisons give inmates two meals fridays, saturdays and sundays. the administrative offices (counseling, mailroom, etc) are closed on fridays.

please be patient with this group. since it is a forum, not a chat room so you won't always get an immediate response.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Donation Award 

Default inmate phone calls

inmates cannot call toll free numbers. for more information about phones in ga prisons, visit the thread here in the forum.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Pete

Default Visiting Pulaski

Hi. Sorry, I'm new to this and don't want to waste anyones time, but I'm an English guy planning to visit an inmate at Pulaski that I've been writing to, in June. I've never visited a prison, ever, so I have no idea what to expect (probably a very big shock), so if anyone can give me any advice I'd be really grateful. Although it's a long trip, and Pulaski would not be my first choice as a place to meet, I want it so badly to be a lovely time with a very special lady. Anything you can tell me would be really appreciated. Thank you, and I hope your loved ones are all home with you soon.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:11 AM

Hello, group! My name is David. After 7 years of not knowing whether my mother was alive or dead, I found out that she is alive and serving time in Pulaski State Prison. She plead out to a five year sentence for 1st degree arson and fraud.

I have a unique perspective on life inside a GA prison because i served 7 years myself. I am, however, a reformed man. Currently i am studying to be a music minister in my church. I have been out for over 4 years and recently married a woman who visited me in prison for the last two years I was incarcerated.

I welcome any questions or comments concering life inside or outside of prison!

May God bless each and every one of you!
The Following User Says Thank You to d.drake For This Useful Post:
moma k (01-14-2009)
Old 02-04-2009, 12:31 PM

robertsommers, i spent some time in this prison. if you have any other questions please feel free to ask me. I know the real deal about what really goes on there. i was released 3 years ago thank god! and no they don't get lunch on friday, saturday, or sundays. the reason is NOT beacause these are the officers off-time. if that was the case, they wouldn't get breakfast or supper either, duh!! anyways visits are on the weekends and they have vending machines 4 visitors to buy there loved ones and themselves snacks, drinks, and other foods. this is used as a budgeting tecnique for most prison systems, because if ur family buys u food the state doesn't have to. unfortunately, not everybody gets visit or sent money for store days. my family and hometown is over 5 hours away and couldn't be there a lot like many, many, others, understandably. as far as the money goes good luck! there were many times i missed store and was sooo hungry on the weekends because they didn't post my money and to make it worse, i knew it was already there because the letter containing the money order was given to me at mail call. I know that i shouldn't have been there in the 1st place, but really!!! the guards and officers that work here do what they want. I've seen them tear up and throw away inmates letters for not standing far enough away from the desk during mail call. we even had a counselor there shut herself in her office and cut her own wrists. idk if she was having other personal problems or what? but mentally, this is a really tough prison to be in and i'll be praying for you and your loved one through this tough time.

Last edited by brandi10605; 02-04-2009 at 12:41 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brandi10605 For This Useful Post:
brother2010 (04-18-2010), LORNA (01-20-2010), Pete_UK (02-13-2009)
Old 04-06-2009, 11:02 AM

Question Mail Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandi10605 View Post
robertsommers, i spent some time in this prison. if you have any other questions please feel free to ask me. I know the real deal about what really goes on there. i was released 3 years ago thank god! and no they don't get lunch on friday, saturday, or sundays. the reason is NOT beacause these are the officers off-time. if that was the case, they wouldn't get breakfast or supper either, duh!! anyways visits are on the weekends and they have vending machines 4 visitors to buy there loved ones and themselves snacks, drinks, and other foods. this is used as a budgeting tecnique for most prison systems, because if ur family buys u food the state doesn't have to. unfortunately, not everybody gets visit or sent money for store days. my family and hometown is over 5 hours away and couldn't be there a lot like many, many, others, understandably. as far as the money goes good luck! there were many times i missed store and was sooo hungry on the weekends because they didn't post my money and to make it worse, i knew it was already there because the letter containing the money order was given to me at mail call. I know that i shouldn't have been there in the 1st place, but really!!! the guards and officers that work here do what they want. I've seen them tear up and throw away inmates letters for not standing far enough away from the desk during mail call. we even had a counselor there shut herself in her office and cut her own wrists. idk if she was having other personal problems or what? but mentally, this is a really tough prison to be in and i'll be praying for you and your loved one through this tough time.
I've never been in the prison system, but I have family and friends who has. I'm trying to get information on how I'd get "flyers" or other lituature to inmates without sending individual letters. Any ideas?
Old 07-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Susan013

Post Pulaski rules, etc.

I spent 13 months in Pulaski. As others have said, on Fri., Sat., and Sun., you get only breakfast and dinner. You have to depend on commisary if you want lunch on those days. I felt bad for those that didn't have money on the books, as it was a long time between breakfast and dinner, and between dinner and breakfast the next day. Before my money was posted on the books when I first arrived, that first week-end was horrible when it came to hunger. Sometimes roommates or others will let you iron their uniforms, draw greeting cards, etc. for a snack or cigarettes. You must be on the inmate's approved visitors list to send them money or mail, or to receive calls from them, so be sure they know they need to add you to their list. You can have a family member or other friend that is on the list to tell the inmate to add you. They can send out mail to anyone, but for them to receive mail, you must be on the list, unless you are an attorney. To receive a call from them, the inmate must add your phone number to the numbers list.

For visitors: You must check with the prison to find out the days and hours for a particular inmate's visits. Different last names have different days/hours, and be SURE you are on their approved visitor's list, or you won't get in. You must also have an approved state PHOTO ID. If you are from out of the country, I would check with the prison to be sure what is acceptable for ID. I would assume that a passport would be ok.

Visitors can have their pictures (polaroid) taken with inmates for a minimal fee. There are vending machines, so be sure to bring a "bag of quarters". Make sure you have nothing illegal on you, OR in your car, and that you are not wanted for anything. They run the IDs of visitors for warrants, and dogs are known to sniff out cars in parking lots for contriband. If you are caught bringing in something that is not allowed (most anything!), you will be either arrested yourself, or banned from visiting, or both.

There is a lot of red tape to visit/send money/mail, but believe me when I say it is MORE than worth it to the inmate. It gets lonely there, even though you are around hundreds of women daily. There is nothing like a friendly, well-known face/voice when you are in that place.
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaPeach013 For This Useful Post:
LORNA (01-20-2010)
Old 01-20-2010, 12:00 AM

Question My Rose-Colored Glasses Are Missing!

Up until yesterday, I had no reason to think that my niece was not doing well. I have not seen her since she was about 3 years old. History on how the distance came about is long and somewhat convoluted at best. So, I won't go into details.

I found her name, image...(at first, I refused to believe it was her. Then, I enlarged the image...no mistaking her eyes...) along with her incarceration record?

Is there a mediator for inmates so that those family members, like myself, who have been too long out of touch, might at least be able to let them know they care and love them and do wish to make contact with them?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Donation Award 

hi LateToThePlate,

welcome to pto and the ga forum. i doubt if there is some sort of mediator who would facilitate you interacting with your niece. each inmate has a counselor but since you are not considered an immediate family member, i don't know how much information you can receive.

you may wish to write your niece a letter directly and re-introduce yourself. most inmates are happy to know they have some type of support outside of the prison walls. i don't know what her financial situation is but you may wish to send her a few dollars so she maybe able to purchase stamps and stationary.

please continue to visit us in the ga forum and let us know your progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateToThePlate View Post
Is there a mediator for inmates so that those family members, like myself, who have been too long out of touch, might at least be able to let them know they care and love them and do wish to make contact with them?

Last edited by kae; 01-20-2010 at 11:41 AM..
Old 01-24-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kae View Post
hi LateToThePlate,

welcome to pto and the ga forum. i doubt if there is some sort of mediator who would facilitate you interacting with your niece. each inmate has a counselor but since you are not considered an immediate family member, i don't know how much information you can receive.

you may wish to write your niece a letter directly and re-introduce yourself. most inmates are happy to know they have some type of support outside of the prison walls. i don't know what her financial situation is but you may wish to send her a few dollars so she maybe able to purchase stamps and stationary.

please continue to visit us in the ga forum and let us know your progress.
Thank you for the welcome.
Is it just money that those not on the inmate's list can send and have it received by the inmate? I just assumed that if the money couldn't be sent, neither could the mail. That is why I inquired about the mediator. If a letter will go through, I'd much rather write directly to her. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Donation Award 

latetotheplate,

ga doc changed its procedure on how inmate's receive money. you no longer have to be on an inmate's list to send money. you now have to send the money to the atlanta processing center instead of directly to the prison. check the ga doc website for more info.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Donation Award 

Latetotheplate-
You can also pay online by using jpay.com or westernunion.com money transfer services. You can pay in-person at a western union center.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsommers View Post
Why am I getting reports of the prison not feeding people on Friday, Saturday and Sundays correctly? The people at Pulaski are getting one, maybe 2 meals a day on those 3 days. Whet the hell is going on there??
I was an inmate at Pulaski for nearly a year. Actually, it's Saturday & Sunday that you get only 2 meals (not Friday). You are expected to eat commissary for the other meal, and if you don't get any commissary, you are S.O.L. I think that sux, since many don't get money from anyone to buy extra food. We complained about it, but they ignored us.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:29 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Why can't toll free calls be made from Pulaski ????
Anyone you call must be on an approved call list, i.e. family, friends, etc.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:38 AM

Default No Lunch On Sat./Sun.

Quote:

This is true, but only Saturday and Sunday. Monday-Friday, you get 3 meals a day. (I was an inmate for about a year in Pulaski..."The Pink Palace", called this because it is painted PINK!) If you don't get commissary, or you don't have anyone to send you money for it, you are out of luck on the week-end, since you will get only breakfast and dinner...and the hours for those meals are ridiculous...like 4:30 a.m. for breakfast, and 4 p.m. for dinner. That's 11 1/2 hours between meals on Sat./Sun., and I have complained that it's inhumane to make inmates go that long without eating...and many have medical problems that require meals (diabetics, etc.). Even so, you are S.O.L. if you don't have someone to put money on your books. This needs to be changed. Even tho it has been nearly 15 years since I was there, it is STILL a problem. Write to your congressmen/women, etc., to have this archaic rule changed.