Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 05-01-2004, 05:37 PM

Arrow Rivers State Prison, Georgia

RIVERS STATE PRISON
BALDWIN COUNTY, GEORGIA
ADDRESS:
POST OFFICE BOX 47 /
POST OFFICE BOX 1500
HARDWICK, GA 31034

TEL.: (478) 445-4591
FAX : (478) 445-1391

ADULT MALE FELONS
CAPACITY: 1088
CONSTRUCTED: 1937
OPENED: 1981
SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
RENOVATED: 1981

MISSION: Provides housing for medium security general population prisoners and details for various departments.

HOUSING: Consists of three separate buildings (Rivers North, East and South). These buildings contain fourteen open dormitories. In addition, there are 14 isolation cells and 28 segregation cells.

WORK DETAILS: Farm Operation, Food Distribution Unit, GDC Laundry/Central State Hospital Laundry, Baldwin County Water Works, City of Milledgeville details, Wilkinson County detail, Arnall Building, Recreation Aides, Recycling and other general labor details.

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED, ABE, Remedial

Substance Abuse: Substance Abuse Education, Violence and Substance Abuse

Counseling: Prerelease, Vital Issues, Sex Offender, Family Violence, Victim Impact, Corrective Thinking

Recreation: General Recreation

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services

Vocational/OJT: Meat Processing

DIRECTIONS:
From Atlanta: I-20 East to Highway 441 South to Milledgeville. Through downtown Milledgeville on Highway 441 for one mile, turn left onto Vinson Highway (GA 112). About one mile, turn right onto Laboratory Road. River SP is on the left.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rivers_sp.jpg (6.5 KB, 117 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2007, 07:34 PM

Hello I am new to the forum.. I am looking for infomation on the Rivers State Prison. My son has just been transfered there. Anyone out there have someone in now or in the past that could tell me about the treatment of inmates there?
Old 03-15-2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm
Hello I am new to the forum.. I am looking for infomation on the Rivers State Prison. My son has just been transfered there. Anyone out there have someone in now or in the past that could tell me about the treatment of inmates there?
Hey I think Deon's Lady husband is either still at Rivers or was there not long ago, you may want to send her a PM. She is very nice and helpful and I'm sure she'd be happy to tell you anything you need to know.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:55 AM
TARHEEL FOR LIFE...IN ATL

Default My loved one is at Rivers State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm
My man is currently at Rivers and will be there till September....what do you want to know about it?

Love is far better with God’s approval than it would ever be without it. (Bishop T.D. Jakes, The Laday, Her Lover & Her Lord)