Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 05-01-2004, 05:10 PM

Arrow Rutledge State Prison, Georgia

RUTLEDGE STATE PRISON
MUSCOGEE COUNTY, GEORGIA

ADDRESS:

POST OFFICE BOX 8409
COLUMBUS, GA 31908-8409

TEL.: (706) 568-2340
FAX : (706) 568-2126

ADULT MALE FELONS
CAPACITY: 582
CONSTRUCTED: 1976
OPENED: 1976
SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
RENOVATED:

MISSION:

Houses medium security general population prisoners and manages Level II and Level III Mental Health Unit, a Chronic Disease Clinic and sex offenders.

HOUSING:

Consists of 291 double cells in six housing units and 12 isolation/segregation cells.

WORK DETAILS:
Department of Transportation.

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED, ABE, Remedial, Special Education

Substance Abuse: Substance Abuse 101, AA, Violence/Substance Abuse Specialized Intervention Programs I and II

Counseling: Anger Management, Mental Health Services, Family Violence, Victim Impact, Corrective Thinking, Vital Issues, Assertiveness Training, Depression, Schizophrenia Education Group, Communication Growth, Parenting, Trauma (Sexual Abuse) Group

Recreation: General Recreation

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Study, Fellowship, Confronting Self Concepts

Vocational/OJT: Food Preparation

DIRECTIONS:
From Atlanta: I-85 South to I-185 to Columbus. Exit onto Highway 22/80 East (J.R. Allen Parkway) and turn right. Travel 6.8 miles, turn right at traffic light onto Flat Rock Road. At the next traffic light Flat Rock Road crosses Macon Road and becomes Schatulga Road. Travel approximately two miles, turn left onto Manor Road. Rutledge SP is on the left.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2006, 07:23 AM
James' Mom 6y dwn 9y 2 go

Visitation is on Saturday and Sunday. Visitation is from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm however if you are not there before the morning call then you must wait until 12:45 for an afternoon visit. If you are there before the morning call the inmate may be counted in place and the visit goes uninterrupted.

Guards at the check-in desk can be rude but I found the guards in the visiting area to be nice.

Visitation is informal, you will sit across from your loved one separated only by a small plastic table they can eat from. You are permitted a hug and kiss at arrival and departure. No physical contact during the actual visit. I have never seen children there.

You are permitted to bring $10.00 worth of quarters per person for vending machines. Try to go early on Saturdays so that the machines are full of goodies . Inmates are not permitted to go to the vending machines but you can ask what they want and purchase it for them. Micro waves are available to warm the food items.

Hotel/Motel and restaurants are within 5 miles. It is about a 7 hour drive for us one way so an overnight stay is the norm. It's a shame we must pay weekend rates but well worth the visit.
MOMS & DADS OF INMATES CLUB:#19