Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 05-01-2004, 04:40 PM

Arrow Troup County Correctional Institution, Georgia

TROUP COUNTY CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
(AKA: TROUP CCI)
TROUP COUNTY, GEORGIA

ADDRESS:
2508 HAMILTON ROAD
LAGRANGE, GA 30240

TEL.: (706) 883-1720
FAX : (706) 883-1744

ADULT MALE FELONS
CAPACITY: 130
CONSTRUCTED: 1927
OPENED: 1927
SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
RENOVATED: 1983

MISSION:
Provides housing for state and county inmates and a general labor force supporting Troup County Government.

HOUSING:
Nine dormitories ranging in size from 20 to 32 beds each. Ten isolation/segregation cells.

WORK DETAILS:
Provides labor for grass and road details for Troup County as well as details for body shop, HEO maintenance shop and others as deemed necessary.

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED

Substance Abuse: AA/NA, Substance Abuse Education

Counseling: Individual CounselingtLow Functioning, Pre-Release, Personal and Self Growth

Recreation: General Recreation

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Study, Gospel Singers

Vocational/OJT: Food Service, Building and Custodial Maintenance, Laundry

DIRECTIONS:
From Atlanta: I-85 South to LaGrange. Exit left onto Highway 27 South toward Pine Mountain. Troup County Prison will be one mile on the right.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Wheres my coffee?

Does anyone have anymore information on this prison?
My boy just got moved here and I was wondering about visitation, mail, and phone calls.
Cause Pinestraw never fell far from her Tree.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:36 PM

visitation is on sat & sundays (8:45am-2:45pm)id,keys, and coins only..
phone calls are about $5.11 each (15mins) he can call ur house or to put money on ur cell phone with a company ccalled evercom(1800-844-6591)
The Following User Says Thank You to blanco4life For This Useful Post:
Mommy4Two (02-07-2009)
Old 02-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Truly, Madly, Deeply

Thanked 1,230 Times in 836 Posts

Thanks for the visitation info! I was wondering if anyone has any other information about the prison itself... Like how it is for the inmates, etc... My husband is possibly going to be transferred here, but we're not sure yet...

Thanks!!

And we're more in love and happier than ever!
Old 08-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Donation Award 

Question Current Info Please

Hey GA,

My mother in law told me that my husband is in Troup County CI. I'm happy he's closer to ATL and I pray he'll be more content than when he was at Calhoun. If any of you had a loved one recently at Troup County, I need any and all info such as phones, mail, visitation, packages, etc. We're somewhat starting all over again. Thanks and enjoy the rest of your week.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Donation Award 

Hey GA family,

I've been dealing with Troup County CI for a few days now. Its been fine but there has been a couple of hiccups. Here's info I received thus far:

VISITATION - Saturday, Sunday & State Holidays 8:30am-2:30pm

PHONES - Evercom/Correctional Billing Services (CBS) 800)844-6591 correctionalbillingservices.com

MONEY TO INMATE- Send thru JPay online or at Walmart. You have to Include 2588 after GDC ID for it to go directly to TCCI. DO NOT MAIL money orders to the Atlanta lock box. Doing so will delay up to TWO MONTHS!!

Both my MIL & I sent him money thru JPay by the methods the prison suggested. Its not showing up on the Ga DOC website so I don't know if it has hit his account yet or it went to Atlanta processing, which we didn't want to happen..

I may visit for Labor Day, so I'll keep you guys posted if I find out anything else between now and then. If anyone has visited there recently, please post so I know what to expect. TYVM!!

Last edited by kae; 08-16-2010 at 06:12 PM..
Old 08-18-2010, 07:09 AM

Sorry Kae, but I have never visited there. I am currently trying to get some info for you from a friend of mine who has. I am actually about 30 minutes from there! I will let you know what I find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to Poohbear2910 For This Useful Post:
kae (08-18-2010)
Old 09-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Donation Award 

Hey All,

I visited my husband this weekend at TCCI so here's a little FYI.

There is a JPay Machine in the lobby that you can put money into the inmate's account (cash only). It charges you a $3 fee instead of the higher rate on the internet or phone.

The staff is pretty nice. Since its a small facility you don't have to wait long to see your loved one once you check in. Bring the usual quarters, ID & car keys and dress conservatively. If the visitation room fills up, visitors who came first are asked to leave to accommodate the people who come in later. If you are from out of state or have travelled more than 4 hours you can stay the entire visit. You have to have an out of state license or one that shows you travelled far. When you go into the visitation room, let the officer know you're from out of state so s/he can make a note not ask you to leave. The room filled up all 3 days that I visited and some folks had to leave.

The vending machines are cheaper than the 2 state camps I've been to but there is less variety. The A/C in the visiting room is FREEZING. I had to buy a heavy sweater and I was still cold. You get to kiss and embrace at beginning and end of visitation but you can't do it for more than a minute or so or a CO will say something. The inmates are allowed to hold their small children and feed them. Other than that, you can't touch each other during the visit or you will get a gentle reminder.
If an inmate wants to use the restroom, he will be stripped searched when he leaves the floor so it will take him a while to return to your visit. Most of the guys wait til the visit is over.

The staff is courteous and professional and won't be jerks when telling you what is and isn't allowed.

The inmates wear white tshirts and they can wear tennis shoes that we buy and send to them. The camp also provides a pair of sneakers to each inmate. My husband told me the guys wear boots when they are on their details. Every inmate there has one. They are allowed to receive packages every 3 months instead of every month. Food and toiletries can be sent in the packages.

Overall, my husband is happier and more relaxed than when he was in a state camp. That makes me happy.

Last edited by kae; 09-06-2010 at 10:39 PM..
Old 02-06-2012, 11:03 AM

Was just released from Troup County CI and thought id give a little information about the institution for anyone who would like to know
The Following User Says Thank You to chaingang421 For This Useful Post:
Futuremrscollin (07-02-2016)
Old 03-09-2012, 06:08 PM

Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingang421 View Post
Was just released from Troup County CI and thought id give a little information about the institution for anyone who would like to know
do the counselors help get the inmates done with pre release classes and get all parole paperwork done in time so that there wont be any delays?
Old 12-18-2015, 05:57 PM

WOW surprised there isn't more update information about Troup County. Anyone out there that can give me info on this Prison.
Old 07-02-2016, 01:55 AM
Future.Mrs.Collins

What kind of information are you looking for? My fiancé is incarcerated there now but there is still a lot that i do not know. I wish there were more I formation about it also.