Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Ohio Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:18 PM

Default Mail change??

OK so I was visiting my man Wednesday. Apparently mail has been given a serious overhaul. Not to mention Jpays too. They did away with the CO's Jpaying overseers and have hired outside people. These people have NO clue what they are doing obviously. I got a blank, which means they wasted it, page about a week or so ago. He then went on to say that the mail is messed up everywhere because they are making changes. I also write to another young man who said it is messed up where he is too. THEN, ready for this, its being rumored that they only want to allow inmates mail on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Are they serious? Hell take their phone calls too please. So now, not only has their food been cut down, medical needs not being taken care of properly, now they want to mess with the mail too. BTW, apparently medical is also getting an overhaul. No longer does ACI have an inhouse pharmacy, it is now all mail ordered. So, now we will have more illness and death because people cant even get their medications for the more serious illnesses in there let alone pain meds. I'm praying this is his year to come home. LORD help us all!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisqueen2012 View Post
OK so I was visiting my man Wednesday. Apparently mail has been given a serious overhaul. Not to mention Jpays too. They did away with the CO's Jpaying overseers and have hired outside people. These people have NO clue what they are doing obviously. I got a blank, which means they wasted it, page about a week or so ago. He then went on to say that the mail is messed up everywhere because they are making changes. I also write to another young man who said it is messed up where he is too. THEN, ready for this, its being rumored that they only want to allow inmates mail on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Are they serious? Hell take their phone calls too please. So now, not only has their food been cut down, medical needs not being taken care of properly, now they want to mess with the mail too. BTW, apparently medical is also getting an overhaul. No longer does ACI have an inhouse pharmacy, it is now all mail ordered. So, now we will have more illness and death because people cant even get their medications for the more serious illnesses in there let alone pain meds. I'm praying this is his year to come home. LORD help us all!
Me and my friend are having a lot of trouble with getting our JPays delivered, too. What is it about the rumors of Tuesdays and Thursday mail only?!?!? I can't believe this! Is that supposed to be state wide? Ugh.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:40 PM
Account Closed

Thanked 1,683 Times in 954 Posts

If you have issues about your jpays not being delivered to your loved one. Contact Jpay and see if they can get involved.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenWoo View Post
If you have issues about your jpays not being delivered to your loved one. Contact Jpay and see if they can get involved.
I already sent an e-mail to them and they assured me that all recent communication has been delivered. So it must be the mail room. My friend already sent out a kite. He didn't receive three JPays that I sent him on the 9th of January...and I'm not getting his JPays the way I did back in December, either. They are totally out of order and SLOW!
Old 01-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxaxxx

I already sent an e-mail to them and they assured me that all recent communication has been delivered. So it must be the mail room. My friend already sent out a kite. He didn't receive three JPays that I sent him on the 9th of January...and I'm not getting his JPays the way I did back in December, either. They are totally out of order and SLOW!
Trust me down at luke they will/still mess wih my mail ( snail / jpays) to my man they have yet giving him letters / cards + pics I've sent him and that was end of Nov/early Dec. Also they have also given my letters to other inmates rather den giving it to my man. With the Jpays sometimes they will give him them that day and sometimes its a day or two and girl sometimes it took a straight month before he had received them...

Its not the mailroom girl it's the COs because they are the ones that bring the mail to them.... I would definitely keep contacting Jpay and complain about it. They will contact down at luke because Jpay has contracts with the prison systems so they have to have some type of guidelines that gotta be met!!

Good luck though you gotta just realize down there they are all a bunch of haters!!!!!!

Last edited by NGS_lAdY; 01-18-2012 at 06:53 AM..
Old 01-18-2012, 06:49 PM

IT's not the CO's where my man is. They changed it all. They hired outside people like I said. I heard this directly from at least 2 or more people higher up. It was cheaper to pay the outside to come in rather than the CO's who were already doing it. I'm sure its different everywhere. As I am in contact with another person who has also said each and every prison is different.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisqueen2012
IT's not the CO's where my man is. They changed it all. They hired outside people like I said. I heard this directly from at least 2 or more people higher up. It was cheaper to pay the outside to come in rather than the CO's who were already doing it. I'm sure its different everywhere. As I am in contact with another person who has also said each and every prison is different.
Yes every prison is different.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisqueen2012
Yes every prison is different. I meant the COs is who delivered the mail to inmates though....

Yea I heard that too how they brought in outside workers to work in the mailroom. My best friend her man is at madison n he told her that the mail up there is real slow and they only bring in like 10 pieces of mail a day ...
Old 01-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,144 Times in 558 Posts

Contact Central Office, or e-mail Gary Mohr, I did and got action taken. Matter of fact I was really impressed
Old 01-19-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Its not the mailroom girl it's the COs because they are the ones that bring the mail to them.... I would definitely keep contacting Jpay and complain about it. They will contact down at luke because Jpay has contracts with the prison systems so they have to have some type of guidelines that gotta be met!!

Good luck though you gotta just realize down there they are all a bunch of haters!!!!!!
Thank you for your advice...I'll definitely do so. I will keep making pressure until it gets better because we are waiting for at least 8 JPays from each other right now.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydidit17 View Post
Contact Central Office, or e-mail Gary Mohr, I did and got action taken. Matter of fact I was really impressed
Could you please send me a private message with Mohr's e-mail address?? I can't find it online.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:26 PM

Mail to/from CCI has been a bit slow, but Jpay's are still delivered overnight. They have such a massive amount of mail that comes into these facilities that it would be a huge burden for them to only deliver it twice a week - so I have a hard time believing that will happen. They barely have anyplace to put the mail now as it is. They can't WAIT to go through it and get it delivered. Snail mail has been a bit slow since New Years, but that may be because they are training new people (yesterday, a box for D-3 wound up at a completely different building). Also, when restapling mail closed for delivery, they don't take much care and sometimes staple through photos. There's also a knack for mailing in, because they slice the envelopes at the bottom - so be sure to put anything folded with the fold at the top.
The Following User Says Thank You to SoozeCat For This Useful Post:
xxxaxxx (01-19-2012)
Old 01-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxaxxx

Thank you for your advice...I'll definitely do so. I will keep making pressure until it gets better because we are waiting for at least 8 JPays from each other right now.
Is this the first time he's had issues before with him not getting his mail?
Old 01-19-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Is this the first time he's had issues before with him not getting his mail?
I'm not sure, to be honest. He mentioned that sometimes the COs mess with their mail, but I don't know if he personally had problems before. The funny thing is, the snail mail I sent gets to him quite "quickly". In less than a week. Our recent JPays are coming through now...but several went missing. He sent a kite but said it would take him one to two weeks to hear back. Ugh.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Account Closed

Yeah see they mess with my mans mail we have had major issues them NOT giving him my mail (snail and Jpays) they have even given my mail to other inmates. He also had NOT received some of my letter + pictures from months ago. They also hold his Jpays to me for a few days even weeks before they send them. It frustrates me so badd I just can't wait till he's home...
Old 01-21-2012, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Yeah see they mess with my mans mail we have had major issues them NOT giving him my mail (snail and Jpays) they have even given my mail to other inmates. He also had NOT received some of my letter + pictures from months ago. They also hold his Jpays to me for a few days even weeks before they send them. It frustrates me so badd I just can't wait till he's home...
I'm so sorry to read you're having such problems with your mail, too. It really is frustrating. But we must try to not let these things get to us.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:37 AM
Account Closed

It is what it is girl (:
Old 01-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,144 Times in 558 Posts

Not only the mailroom, but visiting new people.......last Sat. when I was being processed out they gave me the wrong drivers license. I just stuck it in my pocket, never checked it. I got a call from the prison half hour later to come back.....very frustering, I was across town
Old 01-26-2012, 07:29 PM

This week I only got JPays on Tuesday and Thursday (today). We'll see if there's mail tomorrow. Another JPay (it seems to me) went missing. I'll keep on getting on everybody's nerves until the situation gets better. Anybody else having problems?