Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) located in San Diego, California.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,203 Posts
Default 2012 RJD Reception Q&A Thread

WELCOME TO YOUR 2012
RJD RECEPTION QUESTION,

CONCERNS, & INFO THREAD.
PLEASE ASK ALL YOUR QUESTIONS
AND CONCERNS
ABOUT RECEPTION HERE.

2011 Thread

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2012, 04:05 PM

Default Question

I heard that RJD doesn't have an intake for new inmates anymore. Is that true. My husband will be headed back to prison around the middle of Feb and I'm wondering if he will come to RJD or if he will be sent away. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxxzLady View Post
I heard that RJD doesn't have an intake for new inmates anymore. Is that true. My husband will be headed back to prison around the middle of Feb and I'm wondering if he will come to RJD or if he will be sent away. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
The word is that they are clearing out reception right now and won't be receiving anymore reception inmates. My husband is currently in reception and it waiting to be transferred to another prison. He said that he hasn't seen any new guys come in for a little while now and the guys are going out pretty quickly now. Not sure if that answered your question. This is only what I have heard from my husband.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo'swife View Post
The word is that they are clearing out reception right now and won't be receiving anymore reception inmates. My husband is currently in reception and it waiting to be transferred to another prison. He said that he hasn't seen any new guys come in for a little while now and the guys are going out pretty quickly now. Not sure if that answered your question. This is only what I have heard from my husband.
Thank you!
Old 02-16-2012, 05:52 PM

Default D yard

My son was sent to Donovan for felony hit & run....his passenger broke his collar bone. My son ran from the scene. He signed a deal for 30 mos. What level is D yard??
Old 02-17-2012, 09:30 AM

D yard is reception. They are waiting to be transferred to another prison or incorporated into donovan. My husband had been in reception for 5 months. He just saw his councelor last week to go over what level be will be and that he will be transferred. While they are in reception they can not make phone calls and visits are one hour, non contact. Stay strong.
Karlie

Old 02-17-2012, 10:13 PM

I am pretty sure there are some that are mainlined on yard D. GP Level 3.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjenks View Post
D yard is reception. They are waiting to be transferred to another prison or incorporated into donovan. My husband had been in reception for 5 months. He just saw his councelor last week to go over what level be will be and that he will be transferred. While they are in reception they can not make phone calls and visits are one hour, non contact. Stay strong.
Karlie
Thanks Karlie.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:35 PM

D yard does in fact have gp mainline inmates receiving contact visits in the d yard room.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:29 AM

My son is in Bailey right now and when I called to see where he was headed they told me Donovan - so I guess still Donovan for reception. Hoping he will stay there as it is much easier for em to get to when I come from east coast to visit
Old 02-27-2012, 10:10 PM

Does anyone know for sure if Donovan is still taking inmates for recption purposes? The answer I received from Vista Detention may not have been 100% correct. I thought the best place was to post the question here. Also what type of housing classifications do they have at Donovan?
Old 02-28-2012, 12:12 AM
1 in a million!

My man just got to Donovan from Bailey last week and he's in reception. D yard. He was already at CIM but was brought down here for a new case. He's done with court and was hoping he didn't have to do this reception crap again but looks like he is. I don't know about the housing classifications though.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal729
Does anyone know for sure if Donovan is still taking inmates for recption purposes? The answer I received from Vista Detention may not have been 100% correct. I thought the best place was to post the question here. Also what type of housing classifications do they have at Donovan?
Yard A & mainline gen pop. in D are level 3. I believe yard B is level 4 and C yard is level 3 (or vice versa, someone will correct that if its wrong) Then M yard is minimum yard level 1.

From my understanding...Donovan is still a reception center but will no longer have as much "traffic" due to the realignment procedures.

Last edited by misspriss619; 02-28-2012 at 02:34 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to misspriss619 For This Useful Post:
socal729 (02-28-2012)
Old 02-28-2012, 11:10 AM

Thanked 2,272 Times in 1,617 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspriss619

Yard A & mainline gen pop. in D are level 3. I believe yard B is level 4 and C yard is level 3 (or vice versa, someone will correct that if its wrong) Then M yard is minimum yard level 1.

From my understanding...Donovan is still a reception center but will no longer have as much "traffic" due to the realignment procedures.
B is level 3 C is 4
Old 02-28-2012, 03:41 PM

Default Donovan level 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhouse View Post
B is level 3 C is 4

Thanks to everyone who gave me good information about Donovan and reception. I heard also reception was still at Donovan for the southern portion of CA. Once they go through reception do they generally stay there or is it a crap shoot at that point as to where he would finish out the term? Does Donovan handle level 2?
Old 02-28-2012, 11:29 PM

I don't think there is level 2 there. We were told he'd be sent out of state then nearly a year after he got there they said he'd be staying at Donovan. There was no rhyme or reason for out of state as far as we could tell and he had a level they have there so we hoped he'd stay. So personally I have no idea. Sorry.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal729

Thanks to everyone who gave me good information about Donovan and reception. I heard also reception was still at Donovan for the southern portion of CA. Once they go through reception do they generally stay there or is it a crap shoot at that point as to where he would finish out the term? Does Donovan handle level 2?
If your sons is level 2 like mine was his first term 2 years ago and he's gp the chances of him not staying there are high...also pretty much if you ain't sny, you may not be staying to long at Donovan...alot of dudes are getting shipped off from yard a.which is gp level 3
To centinela, calpat. Etc....Crc is a a level 2 prison only, Donovan sends a lot of level 2 there. But its a crap shoot...so good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to Triggers Wife For This Useful Post:
socal729 (03-01-2012)
Old 03-02-2012, 03:57 PM

Default Do you go back to where you were housed before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggers Wife View Post
If your sons is level 2 like mine was his first term 2 years ago and he's gp the chances of him not staying there are high...also pretty much if you ain't sny, you may not be staying to long at Donovan...alot of dudes are getting shipped off from yard a.which is gp level 3
To centinela, calpat. Etc....Crc is a a level 2 prison only, Donovan sends a lot of level 2 there. But its a crap shoot...so good luck

Does anyone know if the prison you were housed at when you were in before - is that the same place you will end up at? So Donovan is not a Level 2 place and is mostly SNY - all levels?? Last time my son started out at Donovan and ended up at Avenal - so far away. If he is not going to stay at Donovan - at least keep him somewhere close as he is in for about 13 months.
I called Donaovan and got his address - what does anyone know about D16 XXX-X? Thanks for all info.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal729 View Post
Does anyone know if the prison you were housed at when you were in before - is that the same place you will end up at? So Donovan is not a Level 2 place and is mostly SNY - all levels?? Last time my son started out at Donovan and ended up at Avenal - so far away. If he is not going to stay at Donovan - at least keep him somewhere close as he is in for about 13 months.
I called Donaovan and got his address - what does anyone know about D16 XXX-X? Thanks for all info.
He is with my husband in D16 and my husband is sny level 2 but is still in reception. He was also transferred to avenal last time he was in. I'm hoping they keep him close this time. This will be the last time!! My husbands councelor said he would be going to avenal or somewhere in riverside.
Karlie

The Following User Says Thank You to kjenks For This Useful Post:
socal729 (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 05:02 PM

Default Not Avenal again - seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjenks View Post
He is with my husband in D16 and my husband is sny level 2 but is still in reception. He was also transferred to avenal last time he was in. I'm hoping they keep him close this time. This will be the last time!! My husbands councelor said he would be going to avenal or somewhere in riverside.
Karlie

EEKS... I hope it is not Avenal for either one of us! I am really hoping he stays at Donovan. I live on the East Coast and will be visiting my son.
I have driven to Avenal before, I know the way but it is so far away. I usually stay in the North County area because I know it very well and have some friends there. How long was you husband in reception before he saw a counselor? My has been there for a bout 1 week and 1/2 and has not seen a counselor yet. So do they have SNY Level 2 at Donovan other than reception? Maybe your husband will get to stay there.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
EEKS... I hope it is not Avenal for either one of us! I am really hoping he stays at Donovan. I live on the East Coast and will be visiting my son.
I have driven to Avenal before, I know the way but it is so far away. I usually stay in the North County area because I know it very well and have some friends there. How long was you husband in reception before he saw a counselor? My has been there for a bout 1 week and 1/2 and has not seen a counselor yet. So do they have SNY Level 2 at Donovan other than reception? Maybe your husband will get to stay there.
My husband was in reception for 5 months before he saw a counselor!!!! It was a nightmare...I hope you don't have to experience the same dreadful thing. They are taking their sweet time with everything. Mine didn't stay at Donovan liked I hoped he would But he is only an hour and 45 min away right now so that's not too bad.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:43 PM

Default What facility is in Riverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo'swife View Post
My husband was in reception for 5 months before he saw a counselor!!!! It was a nightmare...I hope you don't have to experience the same dreadful thing. They are taking their sweet time with everything. Mine didn't stay at Donovan liked I hoped he would But he is only an hour and 45 min away right now so that's not too bad.
Where did your husband get transferred to?
Just wondering how things work. I thought things were changing (?) and less time was spent in reception now as opposed to before AB109??
I can't bear the thought of him being in recption for 5+ months - I have heard the stories from others plus I cannot talk to him for 5 months?? EEKS!!
What facility is in or near Riverside?
Old 03-07-2012, 04:00 PM

Default Southern Reception center

Quote:
Originally Posted by eroro1608 View Post
My man just got to Donovan from Bailey last week and he's in reception. D yard. He was already at CIM but was brought down here for a new case. He's done with court and was hoping he didn't have to do this reception crap again but looks like he is. I don't know about the housing classifications though.

My son is currently in reception D-16 yard.
Donovan is still listed as of 12/21/11 as a southern reception center for San Diego county

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/realignment/d...k-11-21-11.pdf
Old 03-07-2012, 11:48 PM

Mine was in reception at Donovan for 268 days. It was sooo long. Basically he spent the first year in county and reception.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Where did your husband get transferred to?
Just wondering how things work. I thought things were changing (?) and less time was spent in reception now as opposed to before AB109??
I can't bear the thought of him being in recption for 5+ months - I have heard the stories from others plus I cannot talk to him for 5 months?? EEKS!!
What facility is in or near Riverside?
He is in CRC (Norco) which near Riverside. It was very hard in reception but at least we had 1 hour visits behind glass (better than nothing). Yeah it's hard to not have the phone calls. Write like mad!!!! I write every single day and it took a while for him to get the letters when he first got to reception (he thought I had left him for dead) and then he got like 10 at one time...crazy!! Hang in there girl! If we don't learn anything else while we go through this process, we learn patience. That is why we are all here though...to be each other's support. We are all going through the same thing one way or another. I hope he isn't in reception long. Things might be moving faster since we left Donovan...hope so anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to bamboo'swife For This Useful Post:
socal729 (03-08-2012)
Closed Thread