Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Member Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mississippi Member Introductions Mississippi members and those affected by the Mississippi prison system only - please introduce yourself here!

Old 12-29-2011, 12:01 AM

Unhappy Husband to be sentenced in Feb 2012, and Wife and mother trying to prepare

Hello everyone, My name is Laura my husband is in Desoto county jail and has been since the 3rd of November, he goes for his sentencing date on the 7th of february. According to our attorney and the prosecuter, he will be sentenced for 10 years to serve 3-5. Can anyone please tell me what to expect, I have been told after sentencing he will go to Rankin County to await processing, and from there we can request for him to be moved to Holly Springs, For some reason I keep hearing this place in Holly Springs is called Wack and Hut, What am I up against here, How does visitiation work, How does conjucal work, How do i prepare all our minor children for what is comming? At this point it has already been two months since this nighmear has begun, and my heart has withstood more than I ever thought it could. Any advise, will be so gratefully appreciated, Any information would be great PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Old 01-24-2012, 01:51 PM

Hi once he process through rankin it depends on where they send him but u can't ask for a transfer until he is is process and move from rankin county it's best to wait and see
Old 02-01-2012, 08:14 AM

My friend was sentenced in Desoto County in July 08, and it took about 30 days for him to be moved into MSP. He was sent to Rankin County where classification occurs - taking possibly 2 to 4 weeks. Something to remember is that the concept of time is very fluid within the system - not saying you cant fight it, but acceptance is the easier path. Once classed he was processed to a facility in the state. Cant say what the criteria used is, but once he lands there the possibility for transfer can occur. My friend was sent to EMCF for about 8 months, processed back thru Rankin to spend 4 months at Parchman, then moved to a regional facility about 120 miles from home. Its been a good facility the past couple years, but changes within the system are occuring (always).
Most your other questions - visitation and such will have to be answered when he gets to wherever he is sent. The best I can offer you is to put your questions here and hopefully someone can answer them. Every story is different. I can tell you that visitation in every facility my friend was at was better than the visits at Desoto County jail.
The best you can do today is continue to support your husband however you can. Phone calls can eat up money fast - cards and letters are cheap in comparison and give those on the inside a ray of light from the outside. Support for families of the incarcerated is available in some places, seek it out if you can. Don't let the system beat you down - love conquers all !

Peace be with you and your children.