Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana DOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana DOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Louisiana Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the system should be posted here.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:03 PM

Default Prison Time Calculator

Has anyone used a prison time calculator, like the one linked below, & found it to be accurate?
http://www.prisoncalc.com/

Of course, it can't figure in LA's 25%, 33%, 50% etc. so I did that myself & then entered what he should serve after that into the calculator.

According to the calculator, with good time, he should be getting out in January, yet with no rap sheet or release date, I guess I can keep dreaming. According to my own calculations, that sounds about right though too.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 12,770 Times in 5,297 Posts

There's one thing you have to understand about Louisiana. They have so many archaic laws and so much stuff written about good time that it can be confusing as hell. A lot is going to depend on the date that a person was sentenced and what laws he was sentenced under. Until you know all that, it's almost useless to try to calculate time. OH, and I almost forgot. You also have to factor in whether the person was convicted of a violent crime or non-violent crime.

Introducing PTO Quarterly -Fall 2014 Issue Read All About it Right Here!!

Old 12-06-2011, 11:57 PM

Right - Louisiana is whack. But even without "good time," I am still calculating at least a March release date under the new law. With good time, any day now, but we haven't heard anything. SIGH.

He got 5 years, sentenced under the new law - second offense, so 33%, had already served 13 months, leaving approximately 7 more months left to do. Been sentenced since August. Just recently got his information in Vinelink transferred over to DOC, during which they also moved him to a private facility. Who knows. God, I hate this state.