Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:53 AM

Default Can ex-felons visit inmates?

i wanted to know if its possible to go visit immediate family in a california state prison if you are an ex-felon? im not on probation or parole, im trying to visit my husband so he can see are childern? anybody know any info about this or had any expirences? any information would be much appreciated. thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 02:59 PM
I belong to him
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,719 Posts

It is possible with permission from the prison/warden. And it depends what the felony is. Good luck

~grumpy's wifey~

Loyalty IS Everything!!

Last edited by mrs.grumps; 11-27-2011 at 03:00 PM..
Old 11-27-2011, 03:26 PM

thank you.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Banned

Make sure you get copies of the minutes from the court and send that in with you application and this will save a lot of time. Or anything saying you are off parole or probation, otherwise the Warden denies it, sends it back and tell you what he/she wants and this just delays everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erics Wifey View Post
i wanted to know if its possible to go visit immediate family in a california state prison if you are an ex-felon? im not on probation or parole, im trying to visit my husband so he can see are childern? anybody know any info about this or had any expirences? any information would be much appreciated. thank you.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:15 PM

ok thank you so much ive never visited anybody in prison but i want my kids to see father so much. thank you so much for the response i really appreciate it
Old 01-07-2012, 02:51 PM

so should a visiting form from an ex felon be automatically forwarded to the warden?
Old 01-09-2012, 12:33 PM
He say i'M da i'M da BEST

Absolutely! The visiting form, along with a letter (or whatever necessary paperwork is required) should be addressed and sent directly to the warden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&Loct15 View Post
so should a visiting form from an ex felon be automatically forwarded to the warden?
Old 02-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Donation Award 

I was lucky. I did not have to send my minutes. All I sent was a letter explaining that I was no longer living that "lifestyle" and I am completely reformed. Also, it had been like 6 years since I had been arrested and about 8 or 9 years since I had been convicted of anything. So, I really think that helped. Be sure to put in the letter, if appropriate, that you are NOT involved in his crime and your relationship to the inmate. My approval took long but I was approved on first try!
Old 02-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Donation Award 

I do have a question..... hopefully someone can answer. I was approved to go see 1 inmate. I would like to try to go see someone else I know. Do the prisons care if you go to see more than 1 person? Has anyone had any experience with this? My relationship to the 1st inmate was fiance (at that time now we are just friends) and I am just a friend to the 2nd inmate I would like to see. Does anyone in here go to see more than 1 or 2 people? Everyone I want to see is in a different prison. But if I can at least get approved for the 2nd, I will be happy.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:39 AM

Thanked 1,901 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyDown
I do have a question..... hopefully someone can answer. I was approved to go see 1 inmate. I would like to try to go see someone else I know. Do the prisons care if you go to see more than 1 person? Has anyone had any experience with this? My relationship to the 1st inmate was fiance (at that time now we are just friends) and I am just a friend to the 2nd inmate I would like to see. Does anyone in here go to see more than 1 or 2 people? Everyone I want to see is in a different prison. But if I can at least get approved for the 2nd, I will be happy.
You can be approved to see more than one prisoner. You can even be approved to see more than one prisoner at the same prison.
The Following User Says Thank You to DP's Girl For This Useful Post:
TooManyDown (02-28-2012)