Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > Lady Liberty Lounge - New York
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Lady Liberty Lounge - New York New York State's Off-Topic forum. Post anything that does NOT have anything to do with prison here. General Chit-Chat, etc!

Old 10-11-2011, 06:53 PM

Unhappy Breakup because he's in jail? His idea

help!!! my man just called me last night and told me that he is leaving me because he feels that since he doesnt have a penny to his name or doesnt have anything to offer me and says that i dont need a jailbird in my life that its just best if he leaves me now...i am going nuts....are you serious????.....i dont care about that right now..his love is all i want right now....this is my first bid and granted i am still getting used to how things work this is crazy...our relationship started as friends before he got taken away and now he is my fiance....is this how guys think while they are in there or what should i expect??...i love my baby.....please tell me what to do
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2011, 07:13 PM

Thanked 2,303 Times in 919 Posts

A lot of guys feel this way when they 1st go in. Mine did and at that point we had known each other/been in love for many years. It takes time for them to adjust to their surroundings and the fact that they are ultimately now dependent on their wife/girlfriend/fiance which for a lot of them is hard to adjust to especially if they have always been independent. Chalk it up to the male ego and feeling like less of a man since he can no longer be the provider. Give him some time to adjust to things and in the meantime, show him that you aren't going anywhere.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:14 PM

Thanked 1,903 Times in 945 Posts

Be calm this is normal. He loves you so of course he feels you deserve more than he can give you right now. Just reassure him you love him and want to be with him despite the circumstances. It may take some time but he will eventually realize that love is what matters. This life is tough so it's hard for them to believe anyone would want to deal with it. He will have insecurity at times just stick by him and show him how much he means to you. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to DP's Girl For This Useful Post:
Erics4ever (10-20-2011)
Old 10-11-2011, 07:22 PM

Very normal and well it's not likely to be the only time he says something like this either. Assure him that you love him and that you're not going anywhere. I told mine that he might think he's broke up but I'm not and to give his wife a break and quit being so rough with me. Yes believe me, we have gone through this more than once and we been together 7 years down 5.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

Keep doing what you are doing, send letters, visit when you can ... he'll eventually see that his current circumstance hasn't changed your feelings. The ladies are absolutely right, it is part of the male ego and adjustment period. Keep your chin up!
Old 10-12-2011, 01:26 PM

thanks everybody..thats what i was hoping you were going to say...this is not his first time in prison but it is his first time in with someone on the outside waiting for him...i could tell the day he called me that he was not himself....i guess i will just wait till he is ready to call me and talk to me about it..thanks
Old 10-12-2011, 06:28 PM

Personally I'd write a letter to get things started and let him know you still have his back.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:11 AM

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,436 Posts

I wouldn't say its normal. You can write him and tell him how you feel. I have also known friends who said that to girls they weren't really serious about and it's the perfect excuse to get rid of them-oh, I'm states property now, so I can't do anything for you. Would you leave him in any messed up situation, so why would he even say that? thats what you need to figure out, because its very hurtful and if you loved someone, you wouldn't tell them to leave for any reason. No matter how sorry you feel for yourself-pushing someone you love away makes no sense. I would write him and see if maybe that was just a bad day and expect that not to be the way to express it.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:54 PM

i just had a visit with him today and he suprised me when he told me that all the letters i sent him showed that i was being supportive gave him a whole new outlook and giving us another chance....he really didnt expect that from me....thanks for the advice....
Old 10-21-2011, 02:48 PM

Keep it up, you'll never regret it. I'm happy things are working out.