Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Parole, Probation, Pre-Release & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Missouri Parole, Probation, Pre-Release & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation, pre-release/treatment centers, or release in Missouri should be posted here.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:27 AM
Donation Award 

Default Parole Hearing - What to expect???

I'm attending my son's parole hearing soon. What can I expect them to ask me?? What do I say to them?? I'm scared and excited all at the same time. Anyone with experience in this???
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,721 Times in 964 Posts

I Haven't had the experience, but I sure do hope it goes well!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 07:04 AM
Bars cannot keep out God

Thanked 21,321 Times in 5,890 Posts

I was not invited to my son's parole hearing and do not know if my state has others attend, so I cannot help. I did have the PO stop here before parole and that was a brief visit.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:31 PM

I was not invited to be at our daughters parole hearing either. what I can share is not to expect anything. dont set yourself up. ! your son or daughter can tell it all to you after they see the board. I wish you the best
Old 09-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Donation Award 

Thanks for the responses. I'm not expecting anything to happen at this hearing except a set back. Hoping it won't be greater than 3 yrs. It will take them a while to get back to him. Was hoping that someone had been to a parole hearing so I would know what went on. I don't like suprises.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:22 AM
Donation Award 

Today is the day!!! Off to find out what goes on. Will post later with details.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:50 AM

Wishing you Good Luck today!!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:01 AM

ive never been through this either... but I hope the best for your son & you too!!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Donation Award 

The parole board asked a lot of questions about the crime. Asked him what classes he had taken. Tried to get a reaction out of my son by really talking badly about the crime. I did not get to even speak to my son at the hearing. I had a chance to speak in his behalf at the end of the hearing. Asked about his home plan. Also asked him if it would be possible for him to not have contact with family of people involved in the case and if he could avoid alcholol & drugs. I thought that was kind of funny since my son neither drinks or does drugs, he doen't even smoke. It only took about 20 min. My son will get an answer in 6-8 weeks. Till then it is a waiting game......
Old 09-28-2011, 01:57 PM
lost faith in system

I hope you get good news soon. My brother had his 2 months ago. Please keep us posted.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypseagirl View Post
I hope you get good news soon. My brother had his 2 months ago. Please keep us posted.

Has your brother got a response yet?? I hope it was positive if he already gotten his answer. Will keep up with response when I get one from the board.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:43 PM
lost faith in system

Quote:
Originally Posted by momother View Post
Has your brother got a response yet?? I hope it was positive if he already gotten his answer. Will keep up with response when I get one from the board.
To be honest, it was not good. They set him back. I spoke with P & P...and basically "due to the nature of the crime..." they denied him. My brother has not been in any trouble at all. No write ups. He is acutally a model inmate. I informed P & P that it is very deceitful to have someone go up against the board "KNOWING" he was going to be denied......and you know what they told me........"that is their right to a hearing...it is the law. Some law!!! He never had a chance!!!! They were going to deny him no matter what. Also even with the crime he was charged with.........he still should have been given an out date.

An inmate, family, friends get excited because you "just know" they are coming home and then to get denied.

I truly hope you get good news. It would be really refreshing to get some good news!!!! Good Luck and please keep me posted.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Donation Award 

My son's crime was of violent in nature. I think that he will get a set back. As his CR release date is 3013. My son is also expecting the set back. He has also been a model inmate, no write ups, in honor house. But we aren't looking for anything from the parole board. It was just his first time before them.
Sorry for your brother's bad news.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momother
My son's crime was of violent in nature. I think that he will get a set back. As his CR release date is 3013. My son is also expecting the set back. He has also been a model inmate, no write ups, in honor house. But we aren't looking for anything from the parole board. It was just his first time before them.
How long does an inmate with violent charge have to be incarcerated before he can get a parole hearing
Old 10-03-2011, 07:41 PM

The length of his sentence determines when he will have his parole hearing. Shorter sentence, quicker parole hearing. Longer sentence, longer wait for the hearing. As an example, a 5 year sentenced inmate will usually see the parole board about 6 months after arriving in prison. Someone with a 20 year sentence might not see the board for a couple of years.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:45 AM
Donation Award 

My son's sentence was for 20 yrs. with a CR date of 2013. He has 5 yrs of time served and this was his first time before the parole board.

On post #14 the CR date should have been 2013 ....not 3013

Last edited by momother; 10-04-2011 at 05:48 AM.. Reason: error on date
Old 10-04-2011, 06:34 AM
lost faith in system

Quote:
I really hope your son gets good news. I will keep him in my thoughts.

The Following User Says Thank You to gypseagirl For This Useful Post:
momother (10-07-2011)
Old 10-21-2011, 06:04 AM
Donation Award 

Update......
Heard from the board yesterday....News was not good. He got a 5 yr set back....
Seems like sometimes you are beating your head against a brick wall. My son has taken every class available, has not had even the first write-up, is in the honor house and has taken college courses via mail.
The board said due to the violent nature of the crime, he was given a 5 yr date for reconsideration.
Sometimes I don't understand the whole system...
I would love to crawl in a hole and cover it up, but I can't have to be there because my kids & grandchildren need me.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:22 AM
lost faith in system

Quote:
Update......
Heard from the board yesterday....News was not good. He got a 5 yr set back....
Seems like sometimes you are beating your head against a brick wall. My son has taken every class available, has not had even the first write-up, is in the honor house and has taken college courses via mail.
The board said due to the violent nature of the crime, he was given a 5 yr date for reconsideration.
Sometimes I don't understand the whole system...
I would love to crawl in a hole and cover it up, but I can't have to be there because my kids & grandchildren need me.
I'm truly sorry I was really hoping for good news. I don't understand how the P & P can do "whatever they want". The prison system talks of "rehabilitation"........that is a joke in it's self. They are not trying to help these people behind bars. The prison system is just broke and want to keep the inmates behind bars as long as possible so they will get money. It is all about the money.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:48 AM

have you heard any news?? I am currently waiting for a response from the parole board on my husbands sentence and I am really hoping for good news! he had a violent crime as well but his CR date is 2013 with his min mandatory being 2012 just hoping that with him being a first time offender and it being ruled an accident that they let him out soon!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMalcolm12 View Post
have you heard any news?? I am currently waiting for a response from the parole board on my husbands sentence and I am really hoping for good news! he had a violent crime as well but his CR date is 2013 with his min mandatory being 2012 just hoping that with him being a first time offender and it being ruled an accident that they let him out soon!

My news was not good news!!! He got a 5 yr. to be reconsidered for parole. Was hoping for a 2-3 yrs date for recosideration.
I hope your news is better. We got the results from parole board in about a month. Good luck to you and your husband.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:56 PM

Thank u very much! I'm just so angry and upset all the time, the unknown is killing me day by day. No matter what his CR date is 2013, and min mandatory is july 2012 but he was set at 0% after meeting with P&P and now just waiting to hear something back from his parole hearing. I've heard that at 0% it could be any time that they let him out just wish I had an answer :'(