Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > TX State Jails, Private Prisons, Treatment & Parole Facilities Forums > Hutchins State Jail - Texas
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-25-2011, 02:56 PM

Default Hutchins State Jail in Dallas Tx

My bf was just transferred to Hutchins September 16th. This is the first time he has ever been to a state jail and I'm not sure how things work there. If anyone has any information they could share on that specific unit I would really appreciate it. I haven't been able to visit him yet because he is still-life in processing but I will be going as soon as they say I can visit. Does anyone know if I would get a contact visit? What is the dress code there? Are they strict??
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2011, 04:47 PM

They have 30 days with no calls. Maybe one or two letters can get out. They can receive mail, so send lots of letters. Make sure your landline phone is registered. Other than that, just wait your 30 days.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:07 PM
4EvaUnbreakable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasons.wifey View Post
My bf was just transferred to Hutchins September 16th. This is the first time he has ever been to a state jail and I'm not sure how things work there. If anyone has any information they could share on that specific unit I would really appreciate it. I haven't been able to visit him yet because he is still-life in processing but I will be going as soon as they say I can visit. Does anyone know if I would get a contact visit? What is the dress code there? Are they strict??
My Husband was sent there on 9-27. Processing is 3-4 weeks. If you have lived together or have children together before he was incarcerated and can prove it, you can fill out and "Affidavit of Common Law Marriage". I will attach a copy of it and all you have to do is print it out. You only fill yours out, he has to fill his out on his own, and only get yours notorized, they will notorize his when he signs it. and he signs one, Then send both to...
Inamte Records
Hutchins State Jail
1500 E. Langdon Rd.
Dallas, Tx. 75241

I have recieved a letter a day from him even in processing, they didn't start coming until a week after he was there. They only give them 10 sheets of paper and 10 envelopes and the stamps he uses comes off of his books as soon as he gets out of processing. As soon as processing's over you can visit that first weekend, as long as all your info on your ID is correct and he has you on his list. They are very strict about dress code. I just look at it like this, if you have to question what you're wearing yourself, then might as well not try it. (No Tanks, shorts, flip flops, No See through)

Also there are No phone calls in processing, but that gives you time to set up the phone calls to a land line while he's in there. The one I used is 1-800-844-6591. You have to be on their visiting list to recieve calls from any company. This one just happened to be the that was best for me.

Good Luck!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Affidavit of Common Law Marriage.pdf (150.7 KB, 4 views)