Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > TDCJ - What You Need to Know > Texas Prison Phone Issues - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas Prison Phone Issues - General Q&A This forum is for general questions & discussions related to phones in Texas facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss phones within a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the Texas forum.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:55 PM
was..michelleec314

Default How does Securus billing work?

ok so back in May my husband was able to use the phone and then in june they suspended it for whatever reason and today he got it back, we use securus and i blacked out as to how it works...do i have to pay for what i used at the end of the month or what? & if i dont pay it he cant use the phone for the following month?...i tried speaking with securus people but i always get cut off...any info would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2011, 10:48 PM
Texas Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

They will send you a bill every month.You will have to pay whats do on the bill.If thats what you are asking.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:50 AM

We use Securus and have never had any problems. You can get a pre-paid account with them (rates are more affordable) and since it's pre-paid, you don't worry about running up a large bill. You load "X" amount of money on your account and make it last till your budget allows for another deposit. You can go on their website and "rate" a call; which means, you will know ahead of time how much the call will cost. This makes it easy to determine the frequency of the phone calls. Our calls come to a cell phone (he's still in county) so we never miss a call. The customer service reps are available 24/7 should you need assistance.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:13 AM
My Heart is N Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy314
ok so back in May my husband was able to use the phone and then in june they suspended it for whatever reason and today he got it back, we use securus and i blacked out as to how it works...do i have to pay for what i used at the end of the month or what? & if i dont pay it he cant use the phone for the following month?...i tried speaking with securus people but i always get cut off...any info would be appreciated.
They will bill you every month. If it's not paid usually a few days they will block it. If you don't pay it 10 days after the due date they have you go the prepaid route.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Beancounter

Default Securus Phone Bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy314 View Post

One thing I've notices about Securus billing is that if I have a credit balance with them as of the billing date I will not receive a paper bill from them in the mail. However, the one time I did have a balance owed I received a bill in the mail notifying me of the amount due.

I also believe a bill is not allowed to exceed $85.00 at any given time. Once that threshold is met then all phone service is suspended until such time payment is received.

Lastly, I have found that the Securus online website is very convenient, informative and easy to keep track of things. It's also a very easy way to make payments.