Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WEST VIRGINIA > WV Prison / Jail Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

WV Prison / Jail Profiles In this forum are profiles about specific WV Prisons and Jails.

Old 04-18-2004, 02:29 AM
Donation Award 

Default Western Regional Jail

One O'Hanlon Place
Barboursville, WV 25504

--Information Is Now Being Compiled for Western Central Jail--

Visiting:

Phone registration accepted.

Non-Contact Visitation - Call (304) 733-6850
between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm to schedule a visit.
Calls will be taken until all visitation time slots are filled.

Monday-Call for Tuesday non-contact visitation; No Visitation
Tuesday-Must have been registered Monday; Vistation 9:00-11:00 am;12:00-3:30 pm
Wednesday-Call for Thursday non-contact visitation; No Visitation
Thursday-Call for Saturday non-contact visitation,
Must have been registered Wednesday; Visitation 9:00-11:00 am;
12:00 - 3:30 pm
Friday-Call for Sunday non-contact visitation; No Visitation
Saturday-Non-Contact: 8:30 am - 11:00 pm
Sunday-Non-Contact: 8:30 am - 11:00 pm

Last edited by guysgal; 04-24-2004 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: Additional information
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2004, 09:37 AM

My Guy Is There
Old 09-30-2005, 10:41 AM

Default western regional jail

how long has your guy been there. My finacee is in there waiting to be sent to a prison and his parole hearing is in November.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:58 PM

my boyfriend is there also
Old 01-11-2006, 11:30 AM
True love waits!

My man is there too!

Old 04-24-2006, 04:05 PM

Unhappy

my husband is in western regional he will be there for at least 4 months to 2 years !! i miss him so bad we just got married on the 31st of march he has been in since april 13th and i really dont know when he is going to come home....we dated for 3 years and 1 month before we got married......
Old 08-27-2006, 05:51 PM

My fiance is there too and life sucks without him here! He is not even guilty of anything someone set him up! Ihate putnam county!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 06:03 PM

My hubby is there as well...I had to call the prosecutors office to find out that he will be going to court December 13th. Please pray for us...I think that I will be driving the 6 1/2 hours to go to the court proceeding. This is so stupid to begin with...okay now I'm gonna vent. We were trying to get custody of his children and they WANT to live with US...but now their mother is playing games and low and behold he's in jail!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Donation Award 

Here's hoping all goes well on the 13th!
Old 12-06-2006, 08:28 PM

Awww...thank you Vicki!!! He just called the Public Pretender (who didn't even know he was assigned to him today...lol) they think they can pull everything down to a misdemeaner and work out the agreement BEFORE they get in front of the judge...keep you fingers crossed and your prayers flowing! Thanks for everything...y'all have been such a blessing to me and my sanity.

~Marcie
Old 12-09-2006, 04:21 PM

If anyone goes before a judge in putnam county you don't get treated fair): My fiancee got turn down for his reconsideration and now we are losing everything and his health is really going down hill FAST!!!!! If he was sentenced for 1to4 when does he go in front of the parole board does the good days count also?????? Thanks Sheila
Old 06-15-2007, 12:14 AM

my husband was there for almost a year back in 95 and is back there again, he will have to do 6 months for parole violation and hopefully they dont add more time on . Does anyone know if they add more time for parole violation or do they just have to serve thier remainding time
Old 06-15-2007, 01:51 AM
Donation Award 

Its my understanding that on a parole violation you are eligible to see the board again in one year, unless of course, there is less time than that remaining on the original sentence. I think the only way more time is added for a PV is if the inmate looses good time due to disciplinary write ups.

Last edited by justvicki; 06-18-2007 at 02:31 AM..
Old 08-19-2008, 09:35 PM

Default Nightmare from Texas

My husband is also at West Regional awaiting trial on 3 felony indictments of non-payment of child support (happened waaaay before I ever knew him). I am new to all of this, as I am from Texas, have neither been in trouble, nor have known anyone in the system before. However, I am familiar with the judicial system of Texas, which is very harsh in punishment, but extremely fair to all parties. When I called the DA in WV, to ask where he would be placed after extradition, court date, etc... The secretary not only hung up on me, but slammed the phone down so hard, it hurt my ear all the way over here. I just wanted information, that was all. I even had several attorneys here call the WV DA for me to get ANY form of information and the only information they would tell them was who his court appointed attorney was. When I contacted court appointed attorney's office, it turns out he was too sick to take the case so another one was appointed, but they wouldn't tell us who that was until my hubby arrived and called me himself to tell me where he was. The new attorney was supposed to meet with him a couple of days before his arraignment, but didn't even see him until 15 minutes before his arraignment. He did not bring any of the certified court documents from Texas that I overnighted him a week in advance showing that my spouse had been paying support through TX, along with copies of receipts. He told my husband at the arraignment that he had left them at home. Who has ever heard of an attorney that comes to court without paperwork on a case? The attorney wasn't even given any disclosure from DA. All he had in court with him was (1) sheet of paper that showed my husband's personal ID information along with a list of 3 indictments. That was all, and is extremely unconstitutional! The WV court papers don't even match those of what we have! BTW.. The new attorney does NOT return any phone calls either. This is such a nightmare! I have been dealing with this since 7/07 when they picked him up here and both my life, and heart have been ripped to shreds. I am very sorry to be venting in such a manner of this, it is just that I am soooo frustrated, as all of this is so overwhelming to me being so far away and not being able to find any information so that I can help him. I just need him home. I am now into the grieving process and that is the absolute worse emotional feeling that anyone can have, only this time it is far removed from worse, because my loved one isn't in a better place in heaven, like most are when one grieves. Instead, he is in hell from a place referred to as a WV incarceration and I am forced into my own private hell because of it.

Last edited by esth07; 08-19-2008 at 09:40 PM..
Old 08-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO and the WV Forum.

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time and know how difficult it must be for you. If you can tell what county your husband's charges are in, I might be able to help get some info for you.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:27 PM

Vicki,
Thank you. I have been able to find out that he is up for another "Arraignment?" on Thursday, August 28th. I am assuming that he is going to be setting a trial date, as I had him plead not guilty to the charges at his arraignment last month. His court appointed attorney was going to have him plead guilty. Luckily, I had spoken to him the night before and told him to send it to trial because that was the only fighting chance he had. I was able to send him all the papers that I had previously sent his attorney. He said that he will be able to take them with him to court, so at least if the attorney won't bring any paperwork, he will have his to show the court. He is in Putnam County.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:12 PM

Question

My bestfriend, well boyfriend is in western regional waiting for an opening at the anthony correctional center. i'm so confused about everything, i know absolutely nothing about jail and i'm pathetically lost and alone. i've heard from him but i still don't know whats going on. reading everyone elses posts, my problems are so small, but i feel so hopeless. i dont even know what hes doing. i cant sleep for the life of me. can someone explain anything about this place to me. i feel young dumb and blind. this should be a great senior year.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Donation Award 

It's very confusing and very difficult when someone you care for is incarcerated, so you may be young, but you certainly shouldn't feel dumb!

The Anthony Correctional Center primarily houses male and female young adult offenders between the ages of 18-23. Offenders are committed for a term of six months to two years. Once the offender has completed all program requirements, he/she is released to the committing court and receives probation for up to five years. However, if the offender is deemed by the court to be unfit or has repeatedly broken the rules of the institution, he/she can be returned to the committing court to receive the original sentence.

It may not seem like it now, but your boyfriend was very fortunate to have been sentenced to the Anthony Center. If he works hard, follows the rules, and stays focused, he can be home in as little as six month, rather than serve his original sentence and deal with a parole board. Then your senior year can still be great!

Oh, and by the way, welcome to PTO and the WV Forum!

Good Luck!
Old 08-23-2008, 08:26 PM

it's nice to hear from sombody who knows something. i haven't really discussed the situation with my family, but his family is keeping in touch. they went to see him today. they says he seems well, but when we talk on the phone he sounds awful. i'm just lonely and worried, and no one around me understands in the least bit. thank you so much for explaining about acc. i've been walking blind. things are a bit clearer now. much appreciated.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:04 PM

My Husband is at WRJ. Are they allowed to receive packages? Snacks, books, etc. Is there a list somewhere on line that explains this?
Old 07-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Donation Award 

They are not allowed to received very much thru the mail. At one time they could receive books/magazines if they came directly from the publisher. The best thing to do is to call the jail directly and they can give you the correct information.

Good luck!