Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WEST VIRGINIA > WV Prison / Jail Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

WV Prison / Jail Profiles In this forum are profiles about specific WV Prisons and Jails.

Old 04-18-2004, 02:01 AM
Donation Award 

Default North Central Regional Jail; Greenwood, West Virginia

#1 Lois Lane
Greenwood WV 26415
304-873-1384

The North Central Regional Jail opened in August of 2001. The facility is located at the Wilhelm Run Rd. exit off of US Rt. 50, four miles west of the town of West Union. The facility is number eight out of ten Regional Jails in West Virginia. The North Central Regional Jail along with the Western Regional Jail are the two largest jails in the state. The four pod building is designed to hold four hundred inmates. The facility is staffed with approximately one hundred and sixty employees. The North Central Regional Jail serves the following nine counties: Monongalia, Marion, Harrison, Wood, Wirt, Tyler, Doddridge, Ritchie, and Pleasants. The Jail holds pre-trial and convicted misdemeanants and felons, females, and federal inmates.

The facility has a Nationally Accredited Medical Unit that provides twenty-four hour care. Counselors are available to talk to inmates regarding personal issues and to set up, services, programs, and special needs of the inmates. Volunteers from the surrounding counties provide Religious services , Alcoholics Anonymous, a Religious based Substance Abuse class, and literacy tutoring. Inmates are also able to obtain their G.E.D. diploma while at the facility by attending the Adult Basic Education class.

North Bend State Park is approximately twenty miles west of our facility and offers camping, hiking, swimming, biking and lodging. We are also approximately one hour and a half from West Virginia University. Home of the Mountaineers. A variety of shopping is available in the Clarksburg, Parkersburg, Fairmont, and Morgantown areas.

Directions to the facility are as follows: >From I-79 near Clarksburg WV take exit 119 onto Rt. 50 west towards Clarksburg and Parkersburg. We are approximately 35 miles from Clarksburg WV on US Rt. 50.

From I-77 near Parkersburg WV take exit 176 onto Rt. 50 East towards Clarksburg. We are approximately 45 miles from Parkersburg on US Rt. 50. The exit for the facility is Wilhelm Run Rd. follow the signs for the WV State Police and Regional Jail.

* Please note that the closest motel lodging is either at Greenwood, Clarksburg, or Parkersburg WV.

Visiting:

Phone registration accepted.

Monday No Visitation:
Monday: Call for Tuesday Non-Contact Visitation

Tuesday Non-Contact Visitation: 09:00 - 11:00 A.M. / 12:30 - 4:45 P.M.
Tuesday: Call for Wednesday Non-Contact Visitation

Wednesday Non-Contact Visitation: 12:30 - 4:45 P.M.
Wednesday: Call for Friday Non-Contact Visitation

Thursday No Visitation:
Thursday: Call for Saturday Non-Contact Visitation

Friday Non-Contact: 6:00 - 8:45 P.M.
Friday: Call for Sunday Non-Contact Visitation

Saturday Contact Visitation: 8:30 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
Non-Contact Visitation: 1:00 - 4:30 P.M.

Sunday Contact Visitation: 8:30 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
Non-Contact Visitation: 1:00 - 4:30 P.M.

Last edited by justvicki; 01-19-2009 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: Additional information
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2004, 10:47 AM

My husband spent almost a year at this jail, so if there is anything you need to know about it, please let me know.. I will help you.

God Bless!!!
Bonnie

Galatians 2:20
Old 03-02-2005, 03:32 PM

Dear Bonnie,
First of all I enjoy this site, It is great help, I have a brother in the North Central Regional Jail, Who was sentenced a year, and I was wanting to know how the Jail system works. I've heard so many bad complaints. I'm going up to see him this weekend and I'm hopeing I can handle it. I'm more worried about my Parents they are elderly and they have never had a child sentenced before, until now. So everyone pray for us.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:48 PM

Hope your visit goes well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just wondering
Dear Bonnie,
First of all I enjoy this site, It is great help, I have a brother in the North Central Regional Jail, Who was sentenced a year, and I was wanting to know how the Jail system works. I've heard so many bad complaints. I'm going up to see him this weekend and I'm hopeing I can handle it. I'm more worried about my Parents they are elderly and they have never had a child sentenced before, until now. So everyone pray for us.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:12 AM

Thumbs down Ex-inmate and trustee new to site with some info about the real deal.

I spent almost 3 months in NCRJ. It's the worst place I've ever been in my life, and I have been in some bad places. I've seen things I wish I never had. You see, I worked as a trustee at night cleaning the "booking" and holding area, doing laundry, etc. I've seen kids come in and literally get the s*** beat out of them by the gaurds for no reason at all. I could tell you a hundred nasty stories about that grimy place and those grimy people, but I don't have time today. I'll be back tomorrow. If anybody wants to know anything, I know everything there is to know about this place. It is not fit for humans, let alone animals. And by the way, I've been out for nearly two years and it still gives me the chills just thinking about it.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Q's Wifey

Default News on reporting abuse

Many people have heard about the terrible conditions at North Central Regional jail and I was told by a former correctional office in a different state that a good solution might be for the guys or for us to write the judge from the county your man was sentenced in. This might not lead to an investigation of the jail but it could get your loved one transfered to a better place.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:56 AM

I've tried contacting everyone including the gov. and both senators,whose reply is to forward my complaints and concerns to the jail authority in Charleston WV.Isn't that who the complaint is about?As of date I've spent 17 months trying to get someone,anyone,to listen and stop the abuse at the NCRJ.Not even the ACLU seems to care that abuse and neglect goes on daily.Is there anyone out there who can and wants to help these people?
Old 11-13-2006, 03:43 PM

My brother has just been sent to North Central Regional and I live out of state. Are they allowed to recieve anything from the outside...for example...books, magazines...paper, stamps...etc. Any information you can provide would be helpful. Thanks for your time.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Q's Wifey

The North Central Regional Jail is very picky. Magazines and I think books can be sent but it has to be sent directly from a store still packaged. So you have to buy from a catalog or online or have the store send it to the jail. No paper or stamps are allowed to be sent.

Troubled but strong
Old 12-21-2006, 07:57 PM

my husband just got sent to north central on tuesday for a felony domestic violence and i feel so guilty about it. i dont know anything about this jail so if anyone can tell me anything that would be great. thanks
Old 12-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Q's Wifey

Well first off. Why do you feel guilty? Are you the one that the was involved in the domestic violence? If so please know that it's not your fault. If you need to talk please send me a message. I have been involved in domestic disputes and trust me the best decision I made was to call the police. It saved my life. Second the jail is not a nice place. I won't lie to you the conditions are pretty bad. They may have improved in the past year, I'm not sure. My boyfriend was transferred to a state facility almost a year ago. The visits are short and you must be on time. Really just feel free to ask anything. Search through old posts too there is plenty of info in those.

Troubled but strong
Old 12-29-2006, 02:40 PM

My ex was just arrested last Friday and is in North Central Regional Jail. It has his imprisonment status at pre trial felon. I am new to all of this.
How do I go about sending him a letter ?
Any help would be appreciated !
Old 01-16-2007, 11:25 PM

North Central Regional Jail
C/O "Your ex's name & ID #(if known)"
1 Louis Lane
Greenwood, WV 26415

He should receive it the next day if you get it in before the last mail pick up in the evening.

Last edited by vince's angel; 01-16-2007 at 11:28 PM..
Old 01-19-2007, 06:48 AM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew where they might move an imate from NCRJ to.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Donation Award 

Is he/she a WVDOC sentenced inmate?
Old 01-20-2007, 08:03 AM

umm I'm not really sure, but I know he was supposed to be serving another 16 months
Old 01-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Donation Award 

More than likely he has been moved to a prison facility. Try checking http://www.vinelink.com/index.jsp for him.

Good luck!
Old 01-30-2007, 01:24 PM

They moved him to Martinsburg Correction Center, because they supposibly need more bed in NCRJ. I'm not really sure about Martinsburg I've never heard of it. If anyone knows please let me know something
Old 01-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Donation Award 

Check the following link:
http://www.wvf.state.wv.us/wvdoc/MCCC.HTM

Also, try clicking on the "Search this Forum" link at the top of the page and type in "Martinsburg" in the search window. What info that has been posted here should come up.

Good luck.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:41 PM

300 days drive sutton wv 26601 is the adress to central reginol jail
Old 08-02-2007, 01:12 PM

Hey um....ISHAFFERBROWN....whoever you are.....you're crazy!! That jail ain't that bad and I don't wanna hear nothin about bein in bad places apparently you have no clue. You're just a rebel with a cause tryin to make things look bad. Compared to the jails down south in georgia and in alabama, NCRJ is like HEAVEN!!!! Every jail is what you make it anyways. If you go in there on drugs or actin crazy, of coarse they aren't gonna treat you like a human because you aren't acting like one!! I never had any problems EVER because I kept to myself and stayed out of everyone else's business and did what I was supposed to do. AND I WAS 7 MONTHS PREGNANT WHEN I WAS IN THERE!!!! I'm not saying it's fun but it is what it is if you make it what it is!!!

Last edited by jaeleigh1092; 08-02-2007 at 01:14 PM..
Old 09-24-2007, 08:51 PM

yeah...this is the prison my buddy's in...would love to get more info about what goes on down there. Any info would be appriciated
Old 10-16-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Ex Con

I am an ex inmate of the north central regional jail, I have also been incarcerated in northern regional jail, huttonsville correctional center, mount olive correctional complex, and flatwoods regional jail. North Central is one of the worst but by no means the worst. there is a lot that could be done to improve the situation if the families of the men and women there would get together. I have tried in the past to accomplish this with no success. maybe someone who reads this might be able to get something started. If you would like to work with me on this please contact me at email removed per pto policy
Old 10-25-2007, 01:06 AM

Exclamation It all depends...

I was at NCRJ from 07 July 2007 - 23 October 2007 and it wasn't too unpleasant, provided you are housed in the right section. Having seen all of them in the course of serving food I found they each have their own 'personality', which can change over time as inmates come and go.

Assuming they're not a jerk, someone unhappy about their living situation can be moved by speaking with the pod rover or tower, or by filling out a request to the counselor. It may take several tries with several people, but the peace of mind is worth it. If nothing else seems to be working, fill out a medical request form (available from the nurse at med pass) and ask to meet with the psychologist. Tell him of your circumstances... he has enough sense and influence that no reasonable request to be moved will be ignored.

Other general advice would be to not cover the light fixtures, don't sit on the tables, use the labels from the Suave shampoo bottles to stiffen the little rubber pens, and try to build up a good rapport with the fifty percent of the CO's who are decent -- it really helps in dealing with the ten percent who are a**holes.

That said, I'm damned glad to be back in Ohio...

Last edited by Arek; 10-25-2007 at 01:10 AM..
Old 01-19-2009, 02:37 AM
Jen

you can go to google and search wvdoc and find the inmate search and it will give you parole hearing date and crimes committed ect so i dont know if that helps anyone but i wish you all the best