Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:03 AM
Aroha Pepe < 3
Donation Award 

Default You know he loves you when he....

Ok, so you may have read the tread I added "Why does HE love YOU?"
Where I ask all of you, if you have asked you man why he loves you, and what his response was.

This time Im asking you to list all the reasons why you know he loves you.
The reasons do need to be real things you man has done that shows you he loves you in one form or another

The Following User Says Thank You to Johnos_girl For This Useful Post:
MicrowaveMassacre (08-26-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2011, 05:56 AM
Onto the next hurdle

Thanked 4,487 Times in 2,064 Posts

Oh, how does he love me, let me count the ways, lol.

1. I made the tactical error of writing him before I was done my internship. When it was discovered, and he was grilled and threatened with a security increase and transfer to another institution and a hole shot, he still protected me and didn't say a word. I ended up owning up to it, he shouldn't get in trouble for something I did.

2. His psycharist told him he's going to need to be on methodone or Suboxone or some kind of medication like that for the rest of his life, just to feel normal, because he screwed his brain chemistry by using so many drugs from such a young age. He was on methadone and we were getting 99 cent phone calls, and he got himself tapered off it and transferred to a different institution where I never worked in the hopes of our being allowed to visit. (I was still denied....*pout*). But he willingly went through feeling dope sick on the chance to see me.

3. He spends entire days crafting stuff for me. He made me a box for valentine's Day with our names on the cover and a big heart in between them. And he made me a butterfly out of wood, which he says took him all day to paint it. It's rainbow colored, and pretty amazing and he did it, just because.

4. He NEVER smiles in pictures, and smiled for me in the first picture I got.

5. He goes out of his way to make sure I know what's going on with him so I don't worry.

6. He's actively working on improving himself, finishing his GED, following the rules and trying to do things the right way instead of forcing the issue...skills he needs to be able to be successful out in the free world so he can stay out here with me.

7. He tells me, in every letter, on every phone call. His song for me is Garth Brook's "If Tomorrow Never Comes" and he takes that seriously.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FastCarGirl For This Useful Post:
Jinty62 (08-26-2011), LoveBuggy (08-26-2011), MicrowaveMassacre (08-26-2011), Soulyrical (09-07-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Aroha Pepe < 3
Donation Award 

Wink I know he loves me when he...

I wrote this out before, but my Laptop is having huge problems at the moment. and closed on me, so I lost it all. So lets see if I can get it out this time lol

- When he... Makes a kiss sound at the end of each phone call.

- When he... Says "I love you my hun" at the end of each phone call.

- When he... Phones right back to say "I love you" if the 15 mins is up before he gets to say "I love you" then he hangs right up again lol.

- When he... Writes to me just about every day, even though he hates writing

- When he... Asks the nice guard who is an older lady, to call me when hes been locked up for the night, asking her to check up that Im ok, cause he knows my father has been in hospital, and Ive been working a lot, and not around to answer his phone calls when hes unlocked.

The Following User Says Thank You to Johnos_girl For This Useful Post:
gagirl09 (09-08-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 06:39 AM
Aroha Pepe < 3
Donation Award 

- When he... Said to me "if we cant have children together, you can share my little girl"

- When he... Rings me when hes meant to be working, just to say "I love you my hun" Then hangs up before he gets snapped lol.

- When he... tells the guards he writing a letter to his mother, just after hes wrote me a letter, but he just wants to write to me again, and needs the envelope.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:07 AM
♥♥♥♥I love my boys!♥♥♥♥

We have been together for a long time(married 12 years!) and I KNOW, without a shadow of a doubt that Pat loves me, truly, unconditionally and deeply. He has been a part of my life for 27 of my 33 years of life. He is my best friend in the world.

There is something to be said about marrying your best friend. Its wonderful!
Our Family - established in 1999
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonnysmomma For This Useful Post:
bigmuddy (09-06-2011), missMBC (08-26-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 07:27 AM
Aroha Pepe < 3
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysmomma View Post
We have been together for a long time(married 12 years!) and I KNOW, without a shadow of a doubt that Pat loves me, truly, unconditionally and deeply. He has been a part of my life for 27 of my 33 years of life. He is my best friend in the world.

That doesnt answer the question though The whole idea of this thread was to give those reasons that you know for a fact ( while hes in prison not when hes out ) My man is my best friend too, and has been since he was 14 years old. I know 100% he loves me without a shadow of a doubt too
But the idea of this thread is to "show/tell" others all those little things he does, or says while hes locked up that remind you he loves you etc. .

J.G

Old 08-26-2011, 07:52 AM

I know he loves me when, like your partner, calls me straight after a call to say I love you if we ran out of time in the previous call. When he sends me little surprises. When he finds songs for me to listen too and instead of saying 'hi babe how are you?' on the phone he excitedly says 'I FOUND ANOTHER SONG BABE! I FOUND ANOTHER!!' we had our first argument on Wednesday and he kept calling to ask 'am I forgiven yet because I love you' and if I said no he'd say how about now? Now? Hmmm now? Hmmm n-love you hahaha tricked ya' that's how I know he loves me

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Old 08-26-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysmomma View Post

So very true!! I also got to marry my best friend, and there is no other feeling in the world like this one...
Old 08-26-2011, 08:46 AM

When he first got locked up, we didnt have a phone on. He wrote every single day saying "I need to hear your voice, please get the phone working" Finally I did, after about 2 wks, and when he finally got through he cried as soon as he heard me.

When he got transferred to the current facility, they shaved his head completely. He sent me a letter raising hell saying "They cut my baby's hair all off. There's nothing of it left" cuz I absolutely love his hair. He was so worried that I wouldn't love him anymore cuz he was bald.

I get letters every week begging me for more pictures, cuz it makes him feel closer to me. He says he needs to see me every day.

He tells me often "Be sure you eat Momma. I need you to take care of yourself. I'll take care of you again when I get home." He's so worried that I don't eat.

He ends each and every paragraph in his letters with "I love you and miss you bunches" writing is not his strong point, and every single letter means the world to me.

He has very little free time where he is, with all the classes he has to do every day, but I get a drawing every week. He is very detail oriented in his work, and they aren't little hearts or whatever. He makes time to get it done, and makes sure I get a letter at least every other day.

These little things mean the world and show his love to me. Just in him writing to me. Like I said, he is not a writer, hates it. But he makes sure to write me several times a week.

Now if you wanted to know what he does at home to show his love, I could go on all day long in all the small stuff he does here =)
Old 08-26-2011, 09:03 AM

He knows when I need the phone call and calls me even if it isnt at the "normal" time

He considers my son his son

He draws me roses and sends them to me just because he wants too

He is opening up to me and letting me in the door that has been sealed shut

He kisses the glass before we end our visit

His smile and look in his eyes when I get to visit
The Following User Says Thank You to kathybear85 For This Useful Post:
nesbitt (08-27-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 09:15 AM

I know he loves me when we both do things we don't like to do just because we want to make our loved one happy.
I know he loves me when I have no money on the phone and he calls to say " I love you" anyway
I know he loves me by the way he leaves me feeling while he is here or away.
I know he loves me when he still involves himself with the outside world for me even though he would rather forget it while readjusting.
Most important this sends chills to the bone - I know my man loves me..when I tell him I am not going anywhere and he says " I know " Its on a level of victory it feels amazing.
The Following User Says Thank You to HisBabyKaykes For This Useful Post:
zzSuezz (08-28-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 09:34 AM
waiting on forever.

I know he loves me because he tells me all the time. Even if he didn't actually say I LOVE YOU, his actions show me the love he has for me. He writes me the most amazing letters, he constantly encourages me, stands up for me, and compliments me. He calls me with silly excuses like it is the first (or last) day of the month and it should start (or end) right. He always tells me how much he truly appreciates me and every little thing that I do for him. He also is working on himself, to be as he says "the man that deserves to be in your life". While I accept him for who he is, I think it is awfully sweet that he is seeking personal growth continually.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." Maria Robinson
Old 08-26-2011, 09:48 AM

I know he loves me when he asks me to marry him again each time I visit...even though we've been engaged a year.

I know he loves me when uses most of the money myself or his family sends to email me atleast 20 times a day.

I know he loves me when he uses all his phone minutes on me....sometimes I have to make him call his family.

I know he loves me when I get an envelope in the mailbox from him. I open it thinking it's a letter and it's a heart felt poem he wrote just for me.

I JUS KNOW HE LOVES ME!!!!
LoveBuggy (08-26-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 09:53 AM

i know he loves me because..
1. he calls me daily at the same time and even when hes playing sports he will stop playing with his boys because is time to call me
2.when we are arguing he will keep calling back until we resolve the issues and am more of the type that once i get mad i dont wanna talk or see u lol but hes not
3.when he calls and i dont pick up he will have his mom call me to my cell to let me know he has called and then thats when i run home lol
4.he sends me wonderful drawings
5.remembers all my work schedules to be able to make sure am there for the calls
6. he dosnt talk to much people and he has opened up to talking to my babysister and even drew her a picture
7.has changed soo much from the time i met him he puts work into the relationship and has opened up in a surprising way tells me everything im his bestfriend and girlfriend also his attitude ha changed like is crazy but theres so many little things that i know he has changed and at times i think he hasnt even noticed just to satisfy me i love my foofie
Old 08-26-2011, 10:28 AM

1. he calls me every day, even tho we may not talk every day.

2.he calls me to tell me goodnight before he goes to bed.

3.he knows when i'm in a bad mood, or sad... by just listening to my voice

4.he goes out of his way to may sure his girls are MY girls, even his grandbaby.

5.he sends me songs titles to look up.

6.the cards he refurbishes from others or the trash. lol

7.he finds ways to surprise me, like does without to have someone make me something.

8.i've got something coming in the mail for our anniversary in the next weeks...

9.he just knows me... my best friend

M

Old 08-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Formerly GinaH

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,825 Posts

When I was pregnant with our first daughter I was 8 1/2 months pregnant and bursting at the seams. Well I was having bladder issues ( leakage. If you've been pregnant you know what I'm talking about). Anyways I had to send him to the store for pads. He was embarrassed but did it for me and came back laughing. Just the fact I asked him (private person and wasn't thrilled to share what was going on) and him going when he's never bought girl stuff before. That's love.

Sidenote - after that he's had no problem buy girl stuff for me

"Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn't make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more."
— Nicholas Sparks

Est. October 2006
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveBuggy For This Useful Post:
MicrowaveMassacre (08-26-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 02:19 PM

I know he loves me because he always believes in me no matter what it is he knows that I am going to do good and always pushes me to better myself. He always writes me poems and songs, he tells me a million times over how much he loves me, he was willing to take in all four of my boys as his own after he's never had any children and he is even talking about us having one or two together. He was willing to sacrifice his freedom just to take up for me when I was having issues with someone. He always made sure that I had and my children had before he got anything. He would always make sure that I got enough sleep since I worked nights he would get up with the kids and take them outside and play with them after he lost his job. There is a million more reasons why i know he loves me but those just come to mind.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:56 PM
waiting for my soulmate
Donation Award 

I know he loves me because when he asked me to marry him I reminded him that I couldn't have anymore children, He said that didn't matter, He had mine.

I know he loves me because the day they sentenced him, he cried and begged me not to leave him.

He tells me it was fate that we are together because of how we met.

I know he loves me because when we got married, it was his idea to write our own vows.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:17 PM

Thanked 2,302 Times in 919 Posts

I KNOW he loves me because:

I get 275 of his 300 minutes each month

He emails me every morning to tell me good morning/have a great day/he loves me

He emails me every evening to tell me good night/how much he loves me

I am the only one he has ever shown/shared all sides of himself with

I am the only female he has ever given his heart and soul to

When I am in the hospital, he makes sure he, his Mom, keep calling me to check on me

No matter what he is doing, watching sports, talking, playing sports, whatever, he stops and calls me so I don't worry

He writes me 3-5 letters a week telling me everything, taking me on trips, poetry

Every year for the last 14 he is my 1st call in the morning to sing me Happy Birthday

More than 20 years later, he still remembers: our 1st kiss/1st dance and what I was wearing, my Sweet 16, what he gave me for my 13th birthday and every detail of that day

Even if I am so sick I can't talk, he will still stay on the phone with me because "As long as I hear you breathing I know you are alive"

No matter the obstacle, even when I don't believe in myself, he is my biggest cheerleader/supporter

He has seen all sides of me, all of my moods and he still hasn't ran away

The day we met at 12, he told me he knew I was the other half of him, and to this day he still tells me that

No matter what, I can talk to him about ANYTHING

I know with all of me-heart, body, mind and soul that he loves me without a doubt
Old 08-26-2011, 04:20 PM
C.Coleman's Wife for life

Howe do I know my husband loves me, we aren't even married yet but I don't need a piece of paper to tell me who he is to me. We were only together for 3 months before he got locked up and he had just started telling me that he loved me but I knew it before then because I could feel it. I can still feel it and it is truely a feeling like no other.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:44 PM

i know he loves me because ive been to parties with my man and he will keep a tampon or two in his pocket cuz he knows i hate carrying my purse around. and we get to go to the bathroom together (;
i also know he loves me because he knew i was cramping really bad one day and he got up and without telling me made a warm bath and carried me in there to soak.

i know he loves me for many many more reasons<3

SO CLOSE! <3333
Old 08-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Aroha Pepe &amp;amp;amp;amp;lt; 3
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBuggy View Post
When I was pregnant with our first daughter I was 8 1/2 months pregnant and bursting at the seams. Well I was having bladder issues ( leakage. If you've been pregnant you know what I'm talking about). Anyways I had to send him to the store for pads. He was embarrassed but did it for me and came back laughing. Just the fact I asked him (private person and wasn't thrilled to share what was going on) and him going when he's never bought girl stuff before. That's love.

Sidenote - after that he's had no problem buy girl stuff for me
Thats really nice
But this thread is about what your man does while hes locked up, to show he loves you. Its very easy to show someone you love them in the outside world, but not always so easy when locked up. So post what he does while hes locked up, which show you he loves you

J.G

Old 08-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Aroha Pepe &amp;amp;amp;amp;lt; 3
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesgirl4ever View Post
I know he loves me because he always believes in me no matter what it is he knows that I am going to do good and always pushes me to better myself. He always writes me poems and songs, he tells me a million times over how much he loves me, he was willing to take in all four of my boys as his own after he's never had any children and he is even talking about us having one or two together. He was willing to sacrifice his freedom just to take up for me when I was having issues with someone. He always made sure that I had and my children had before he got anything. He would always make sure that I got enough sleep since I worked nights he would get up with the kids and take them outside and play with them after he lost his job. There is a million more reasons why i know he loves me but those just come to mind.
Only things he does to show you he loves you while hes in prison Not what he did before he was locked up

J.G

Old 08-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Formerly GinaH

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnos_girl View Post
Thats really nice
But this thread is about what your man does while hes locked up, to show he loves you. Its very easy to show someone you love them in the outside world, but not always so easy when locked up. So post what he does while hes locked up, which show you he loves you

J.G
Ok but you didn't say that in your OP. You said how does he show he loves you?

While in prison he has shown me he loves me by being commited to keeping our bond strong. He writes me daily as do I. He's seen me at my worst and best and loves me even more. Faults and all.

"Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn't make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more."
— Nicholas Sparks

Est. October 2006
Old 09-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Missing My #1 King

I know he loves me when he sporadically says he loves me or that he misses me at any point in our conversation. Sometimes, I will get unexpected letters or drawings from him where he professes his love to me Yesterday, about two hours after our regularly scheduled phone calls during his dayroom, he called me after he was on his way back to his cell from rec. We were only able to talk for two minutes, because the guards made him get off the phone and go back to his cell. Later that day, during our visit, he told me the guards told him he would get his visits cancelled. I asked him why he would jeopardize our visits and he told me that he just wanted to hear my voice again, even if it was for a minute. Gosh, I love that man