Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WEST VIRGINIA > WV Prison / Jail Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

WV Prison / Jail Profiles In this forum are profiles about specific WV Prisons and Jails.

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 07:26 PM
JJ LIL SIS

his name is john, he was just sent there thursday from western regional jail,he comes bank to putnam county for a retrial on july 6xth
Old 06-26-2006, 09:13 PM
His Soul mate. ..

Thanked 8,151 Times in 6,852 Posts

I think my hubbys dad is there but he doesnt talk to him ever. So I wouldnt be of any help to you Sorry My hubby is at Mt Olive Correvtional Complex So if he ever gets moved I could tell you anything and everything you would need to know about that place lol so PM me anytime if you need anything!
Old 07-17-2006, 01:52 PM

Default Re Pruntytown

Pruntytown is usually the last stop for inmates; they move there, then on to work release or parole. I was there for four months before receiving parole.
It is co-ed, the men and women have meals and some classes together. Yes they can talk and sit together. It's somewhat relaxed as far as being in prison...freedom of movement, working on the road crew, etc...but greater liberties come with a lower classification.
Hope this was helpful.
Bren

Last edited by bren65; 07-17-2006 at 02:03 PM..
Old 07-17-2006, 02:08 PM

Being sent to Pruntytown is a GOOD thing! Much greater freedom considering its a prison.
It's co-ed, men and women are housed there. Yes they can talk and interact with one another. They have meals together and sit together. Some classes are co-ed also.
P-town is usually the last stop for most inmates who get the classification to move there. From there it's on to work release or parole.
If you want to know anything else feel free to ask..I spend 3.5 mths there.
Bren
Old 08-31-2006, 07:38 PM
JJ LIL SIS

Default My brother is on LOP? Pruntytown

My brother is in pruntytown c. c. im unsure of what lop for 30days means. can we still write letters,etc. he got in trouble for smoking. can you please help me with this?
Old 08-31-2006, 09:27 PM
Donation Award 

LOP = Loss of Privileges. It is a result of a disciplinary write up. It can mean many things. Usually they aren't able to order commissary or use the phone. Sometimes they will take visitation depending on how serious the infraction was. They don't take mail away from them. LOP isn't much fun, but it sure beats having good time taken from you. I am sure he will be able to tell you what he's going to be "missing" for the next 30 days.

Good luck!
Old 02-11-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Need Info On Pruntytown Please

Hello My Husband Has Been Transfered To Pruntytown And I Need Info On Like How The Calling Works I Tryed To Call And Get Info The Woman Said He Could Call If He Had Money So Can He Call Collect Or How Does That Work Also Is It True He Can Get Day Passes And Weekend Passes After Hes There For A While Please Any Info About Pruntytown Would Be Great I Dont Even Know What Kind Of Mail He Can Have At The Crj He Couldnt Have Cards And Stuff Can He Have Them Now If You Know There Rules And Stuff Please Let Me Know
Thanks
Angela
Old 02-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Donation Award 

I know Pruntytown has undergone some changes recently. I think most if not all of the women have been transferred to Lakin, so I'm really not sure how things are working there now. Maybe someone will be along soon with some answers for you.

Good luck!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:27 PM

Question Is Pruntytown Correctional Center a Pre-Release Prison?

I have a close friend at Pruntytown Correctional Center and I've heard through the grapevine that when inmates get sent to this prison then their time is almost up. From my understanding, the inmate should only have about 6 months to 1 year of time left to serve. Can someone give me any information on this? I know that it is a minimum security facility and usually the only inmates that are sent there are the ones with less serious offenses like drugs, burglury,and things of that nature. Is this correct?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:54 PM

Question How Is Visitation At Pruntytown Corectional Center?

I had to fill out a form for a background check and am still waiting for approval to visit. I have been to visits at Tygart Valley Regional Jail and North Central Regional Jail but I have never visited at a prison before. I've gathered that the visits in prisons can be up to 3 hours long, are all contact visits but are only on the weekends. (at least at Pruntytown) At the jails the visits were scheduled visits but I was told that there is no appointments at Pruntytown Correctional Center but there are designated times for that you need to be there to visit. Do all prisons have this type of visitaion? What's it like at other prisons? Just curious.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Donation Award 

Although I have never visited there, Pruntytown is a nice facility and visits should be very enjoyable there. Its considered a minimum security facility so things are a little more relaxed.

Hope your visitation is approved soon!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Donation Award 

No, not necessarily. Pruntytown is considered a minimum security level prison and as such inmates there are classified at a level 2. Those that qualify can be reclassified to a 1 and sent to the work release centers in Charleston and Huntington, and even to the center in Beckley. Most inmates sent to Pruntytown are those who are "short term", but it doesn't mean that they are guaranteed parole first time up. It is, however, a very good place to be and since they have to be in prison, most inmates consider themselves lucky to be there. Pruntytown used to be co-ed, but I believe all the women have now been transferred to Lakin near Point Pleasant.

Last edited by justvicki; 03-07-2007 at 03:05 PM..
Old 05-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Learning to let go.

Default Pruneytown

Ok folks I noticed there wasn't much info on Pruneytown. Anyone out there know anything? Like is it strict or laid back? Is it co-ed still? Basically what's the conditions like? Thanks!

Going to start living for my son and myself....just give me strength!!

Old 05-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Donation Award 

I don't think Pruntytown is co-ed any longer, but I am not positive about that. All the women were supposed to be moved out when the minimum security building at Lakin was completed and that was scheduled for late last fall.

Pruntytown does a lot of drug and alcohol abuse programming, and to answer your question, it is a very laid back place. Next to going to work release, Pruntytown is the place you want to be if you are incarcerated in WV! Inmates have to be classified at a security level two to be eligible to be housed there.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:30 PM
A Lil Cracked Moderator on leave
Donation Award 

They do accept some level 3 min and med's for the programming

藕断丝连
The lotus root snaps, but its fibers stay joined.
Said of people (especially lovers) that still remain in contact though apparently separated.
Separated but still in each other's thoughts.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Learning to let go.

Default Ok Keith has a question about P-town

He wasn't sure they were still doing the furloughs....from what I've read here they were but he wanted me to ask....23 days to parole hearing...ugh..i'm almost sick from nervousness.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:34 AM

I guess Pruntytown does have 72 hour furloughs. I didn't know that. That is great!

God Bless!!!
Bonnie

Galatians 2:20

Last edited by Bonnie; 08-04-2007 at 11:24 AM..
Old 08-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Donation Award 

If Pruntytown is doing 72 hour furloughs it's only started since the first of the year. The only places that have had furloughs are the work release centers in Charleston and Huntington. BCC in Beckley is not a work release center nor is Pruntytown, although inmates do receive clearance to work off the grounds of the facility in both places.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Pruntytown

Vicki,

I didn't think that PCC has furloughs either, until I was reading other posts in here. I first wrote they didn't have none, and then I was going through reading posts, and someone else on here said they did. I told someone else on here that the only places that do have them is Charlesoton and Huntington too, remember? Someone wanting to know if Lakin had them. I cannot remember who said they did have the 72 hour furlough. I had a friend there doing a 1-3 for 3rd offense DUI, and he didn't get furloughs.

Someone, please, call and find out!! LOL It's the big million dollar question now. I thought no, then read yes, and now no again!!! WHEW~

I'm anxious to know, do they or don't they? That is the question~

God Bless!!!
Bonnie

Galatians 2:20
Old 08-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Donation Award 

Inmates at Lakin with the appropriate security clearance (2) are allowed off facility grounds to do community service hours, but do not furlough. Inmates at Pruntytown and at Beckley Correctional Center work outside the facility, but again, do not fulough. Charleston and Huntington Work Release Centers are the only two WVDOC facilities where inmates can earn furlough privileges.

Last edited by justvicki; 08-05-2007 at 04:24 PM..
Old 08-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Learning to let go.

Thank you Miss Vicki!!!

Old 10-18-2007, 05:57 PM

Default pruntytown

Anyone know any inmates in pruntytown correctional center? Whats it like in there?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:46 PM
always waiting

I have a friend in there now and my husband was in there many years ago. It is pretty nice, as far as prisons go. It is coed and they have much more freedom than most places.
When my husband was in there, he could come home for 72 hour furloughs.

What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Mark 10:9
Old 10-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Donation Award 

Pruntytown isn't co-ed anymore. The last of the female inmates were moved to Lakin earlier this year. Also, you cannot furlough from there any longer. Still, you are right, it's not a bad place to be if you have to be in prison.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:07 PM
always waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by justvicki
Pruntytown isn't co-ed anymore. The last of the female inmates were moved to Lakin earlier this year. Also, you cannot furlough from there any longer. Still, you are right, it's not a bad place to be if you have to be in prison.
LOL Were'nt we just discussing...just when you think you have things figured out and . Now the DOC won't even gets it's website back up so we could figure out what is going on.
I really, actually do have a friend there but I don't talk to him much, I concentrate on my hubby now.

What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Mark 10:9
Closed Thread