Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Georgia Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:34 PM

Default Parole Eligibility Date

I called parole board today and the person told that my fiance has a review date on 1/11/2012. Could anyone give me any statements on what will happen on that date or could they review him earlier that?Gladly appreciate any info...
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2011, 09:56 PM

Yes he can be reviewed early than that date. The date is their to give them time to do wat they need to do before that date because they are so behind, so pray by that date that something will happend soon.
CharityG (09-01-2011)
Old 08-12-2011, 12:40 PM

Thanks so much. I know I spoke with a lady yesterday and she mentioned that date is 1/3 of his time, and what will happen that the parole board will make a decision to release him, give a TPM to see how well he does in prison before releasing him to society or deny it. He's in there for probation violation and the judge revoke his remaining time which was 2 yrs and 5 months. Do u have any insights about short sentences and the parole process?
Old 08-13-2011, 04:43 PM
His wifey

I have been calling the parole board constantly and they keep telling me the same thing everytime I call. they keep saying he wont have a release date until his TPM of Nov 2011 comes then they will give him a date. I dont understand why they just cant let me verify his address and makesure his ducks r in a row. he has no outsanding warrants or anything pending to keep him from releasing. It is quite irritating at times but Im gunna keep calling until i get a date. (: stay strong everyone!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to kellya5107 For This Useful Post:
concern29 (09-03-2011)
Old 08-13-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellya5107 View Post
I have been calling the parole board constantly and they keep telling me the same thing everytime I call. they keep saying he wont have a release date until his TPM of Nov 2011 comes then they will give him a date. I dont understand why they just cant let me verify his address and makesure his ducks r in a row. he has no outsanding warrants or anything pending to keep him from releasing. It is quite irritating at times but Im gunna keep calling until i get a date. (: stay strong everyone!!!
hey kellya, at least he has tpm within three months. They probably will verify the address next month or october in order to give u a date. U should call ur local parole office to see if they have his file by next month or october which im quite sure they have. By the way, how long did it take for him to get a TPM, was it at his 1/3
Old 08-13-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concern29 View Post
Yes he can be reviewed early than that date. The date is their to give them time to do wat they need to do before that date because they are so behind, so pray by that date that something will happend soon.
Thanks so much. I know I spoke with a lady yesterday and she mentioned that date is 1/3 of his time, and what will happen that the parole board will make a decision to release him, give a TPM to see how well he does in prison before releasing him to society or deny it. He's in there for probation violation and the judge revoke his remaining time which was 2 yrs and 5 months. Do u have any insights about short sentences and the parole process?
Old 08-28-2011, 10:27 AM
His wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyakeya03 View Post
hey kellya, at least he has tpm within three months. They probably will verify the address next month or october in order to give u a date. U should call ur local parole office to see if they have his file by next month or october which im quite sure they have. By the way, how long did it take for him to get a TPM, was it at his 1/3

it was at the 1/3 mark of his sentence. the parole board came out to verify his address on monday the august 22nd. I am hoping to have good news when I call in the morning I am hoping a release date will be given soon.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:56 PM

i have a question just a few days ago my son had a tpm for oct 2011 and two days ago i went back on line to check on his tpm again and now it says aug 2011 i called the parole board today and i was told he won't come up for parole in jan.2012 i am just so confuss can any one tell me what this is all about thanks
Old 09-01-2011, 02:34 PM

Im confused, i fink they mean hes able for parole after jan not before now. Ring again if ur not sure and ask them to explain it propa to u, n then ask wen is his date, they will tell u which one, if they funi bout it just keep ringin x
Old 09-03-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Hello sorry it has taken me so long to respond, but what little information i have gathered after on this journey, that inmates who has short sentence usually max out for anything around 1 to 2 years, but if he has more than that he will be looked at around bout a 1/3 going in.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
I called parole board today and the person told that my fiance has a review date on 1/11/2012. Could anyone give me any statements on what will happen on that date or could they review him earlier that?Gladly appreciate any info...

hi i've been trying to find the # to the parole board....will u please give it to me....i wish u luck w/ ur other half
Old 09-21-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovehuck View Post
hi i've been trying to find the # to the parole board....will u please give it to me....i wish u luck w/ ur other half
404-657-9350
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to keyakeya03 For This Useful Post:
IloveHuck (09-29-2011)
Old 09-25-2011, 05:23 AM

As far as short timers...1 to 2 yr sentences..I've heard the opposite..they are eligible for parole..it don't make sense for them to max their sentence out just because of their time. I called the parole folks and they said the same thing. Each case is different and why would they say that someone is eligible for parole at 1/3 of their sentence when they will be maxed out? My son is in the review phase..he has a 2 yr sentence; been locked up for about 1 yr..9 mnths county 2 weeks Jackson almost 3 weeks in County Camp...I call and check everyday on line and it says no decision..parole folks say he may just receive a release date..