Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:14 AM

Default Ending probation

Hello,
I received a 1 year US probation term that will be coming to an end shortly. Does my probation automatically end on the day I was sentenced? An acquaintance mentioned that there may be a residual time period between the end date and the court officially recognizing my completion. Is this true? I know my friends are planning on throwing a party the night after my sentence date and I would like to be absolutely certain I will no longer be subject to testing. Thanks in advance for any light shed on this matter!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2011, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceDiamond View Post
Hello,
I received a 1 year US probation term that will be coming to an end shortly. Does my probation automatically end on the day I was sentenced? An acquaintance mentioned that there may be a residual time period between the end date and the court officially recognizing my completion. Is this true? I know my friends are planning on throwing a party the night after my sentence date and I would like to be absolutely certain I will no longer be subject to testing. Thanks in advance for any light shed on this matter!
Hi Clarence,

Your best bet would be to verify with your probation officer. You should have been given a termination date and that will be the last day you are officially on probation (right up until midnight that night).

Regardless, if you must party, be careful and don't allow yourself to get back into trouble.

Good luck,
-Max
Old 08-04-2011, 11:18 AM

Thanks Max, for the reply. Getting into trouble isn't an issue for me. This was a very very minor offense, just in the wrong place. I havent seen my PO in months and gave him a call yesterday. He said i was "no longer on paper", no longer on supervision, and that he would have a letter mailed out to me. "You dont need to worry abouy us anymore" were his words. I am concerned as i am done within the next few days and would like to head our of state for a reunion of sorts. Should i be concerned with the validity of his statements? Does he have the authority to show up looking for me after my completion date? Evven worse, what about a UA? I dont plan on smoking, but if the opportunity arises should i be concerned? My PO seems like a decent guy, im just unclear as to my rights and cannot talk my pub defender into calling me back!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Probation & Parole Office

With your Officer having told you that, I'd say your done. But...I would also recommend having a paper document in hand before you kick your heels up.
These things are for lesser men.
Protect the weak against the evil strong.
And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."