Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > PTO News, Information & Events > PTO POLICIES / RULES
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO POLICIES / RULES Please be sure to familiarize yourself with ALL the Prison Talk Online Rules & Regs listed in this forum. We will post any updates or changes here as well, so stop by on a regular basis.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:49 AM

Default Illegal Activity Policy

In short, what is it? (Sorry, I'm trying to browse the rules and stickys but have been unable to locate it.)

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2011, 09:52 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,339 Times in 13,666 Posts

Illegal Activities:
Threads/replies encouraging illegal/unethical action (like “The best way to kill the neighbor’s dog”), or more importantly, anything relating to compromising the security of prisons and institutions (ETC) will not be allowed. Posts such as these will be deleted and may lead to you losing your posting privileges. This policy extends to profiles, avatars, etc., as well. PTO's policy on illegal activities also extends to references of gang activity, as gang activity is illegal (and especially in the prison systems). If you are affiliated with a gang and have a loved one in prison, you are certainly still welcome at PTO, but no reference to such affiliations in posts, profile, avatar, etc. is allowed.

Basically, what it amounts to is no references to "how to" introduce contraband, or "how to" circumvent DOC policy or "how to" do any sort of illegal activity. And the last part means no gang references in any way, shape or form

You can read all the Postin g Guidelines HERE

Thanks for asking

Also, for those who like to post "my man calls me everyday on his cell phone"....while not exactly extolling the "how to get a cell phone in prison" it will usually get you a friendly pm alerting you to the fact that we do have CO's who read these boards both as members and as guests and that you are putting your man in danger. Ya wouldn't believe how easy it is to figure our who you are and in turn, who your man is and where he is. Think twice, post once.

Last edited by patchouli; 07-23-2011 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: sp/wording/add comment
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
BrokenHearted1 (07-23-2011), ford123 (09-26-2011), HisSoul (10-23-2011), Keltria (09-28-2011), MiniMoose (08-04-2011)
Old 07-23-2011, 11:55 AM

Thank you for explaining...I posted the specifics of what my bf is doing that he shouldn't be doing, but for advice, I certainly didn't want to direct anyone on how to help their men or women to do it. I feel awful but know that I know I reposted my thread more carefully without giving away specific details.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrokenHearted1 For This Useful Post:
HisSoul (10-23-2011), MissVal1920 (07-23-2011), patchouli (07-23-2011), sidewalker (09-26-2011)
Old 07-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Devoted Wife
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,518 Posts

Brokenhearted, as Im sure you know, we do not post the guidelines just to give anyone a hard time. DOC, COs, prison staff do frequent our boards and, if they really were that interested, they can piece together whatever they want from one posts or a combination of many to use as they may. Not saying they do, but they (and anyone else for that matter) can. So it is really for all of member's security and safety. Not just the guideline on "illegal activities" but all of our guidelines are in place for a reason that will, in the end, protect all of us. There is no reason to feel awful, hon, but many of the staff here has seen and dealt with many things behind the scenes to continue to keep our safety in mind. Thanks and continue to enjoy posting and reading!
NY/NJ/CT Support Conference Call 9/11/2012 8:30PM-9:30PM
Send PM for more info
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MissVal1920 For This Useful Post:
BrokenHearted1 (07-23-2011), hisbabyny (09-26-2011), HisSoul (10-23-2011), LifeTraveler (07-23-2011), MiniMoose (08-04-2011), sidewalker (09-26-2011), WorriedSis7 (09-28-2011)
Old 09-25-2011, 01:54 PM

Thank you for this post.
The Following User Says Thank You to pastorhewitt For This Useful Post:
Keltria (09-28-2011)