Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:26 AM

Default How many times can you violate felony probation?

This will be my 3 rd violation for the same case. No new charges. I have violated for dirty tests but this time it's for not completing a drug program. I tried to do the program but couldn't do it and left after 4 days. Then I couldn't make it to see my PO because I live in a different county and told her I had no way to get there. Anyways , there will be a bench warrant out for me anyday now and I'm just wondering if they can keep reinstating my probation or if the judge will send me to prision. I should have more county time. I am not Maxed out yet. Oh and if I turn myself in would that lessen my sentence?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 08:07 AM
PTO Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,075 Times in 9,091 Posts

Ummm....sorry sweetie, but it looks like they've already given you your chance to stay out of prison. Call your attorney now; he/she may be able to arrange for you to turn yourself in. Not completing the drug program is serious. Not reporting is very very serious. JMHO, but there will be no bail either. In Ky, if your original sentence is short enough, they may let you serve it in county (which really sucks, btw), but I'm not familiar with California's policies and procedures. Welcome to PTO.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:06 AM

Turning yourself in is not going to lessen your sentence but it will work in your favor when you are in front of the judge.......they do not like having to come and get you.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:27 AM

If it won't lessen my sentence , in what way will the judge be favorable to me ?
Old 07-12-2011, 09:00 AM
ARG - I love YOU more! :)

The judge may not throw the book at you if you turn yourself in. I'm with the other posters...you were already given your chance, but hiding is just going to aggravate the judge and law enforcement. From my experience you go to your probation officer and turn yourself in. I have a friend getting out of the halfway house today for this exact situation but he was lucky. The judge even told him he had worn out his chances and that he should have been going to prison.

No one here can tell you what the judge is going to do or say but doing the 'right thing' will always go in your favor even if you don't get the results you want. Good luck, and be safe.

*It's an infinate world, and I want you*
Old 07-12-2011, 07:20 PM

How many times can you violate felony probation? ZERO

What are you thinking? They give you a chance and you keep failing drug tests!

In my opinion, prison/county jail might be a good place for you. You can STOP using drugs for a bit and get cleaned up.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarGrits
The judge may not throw the book at you if you turn yourself in. I'm with the other posters...you were already given your chance, but hiding is just going to aggravate the judge and law enforcement. From my experience you go to your probation officer and turn yourself in. I have a friend getting out of the halfway house today for this exact situation but he was lucky. The judge even told him he had worn out his chances and that he should have been going to prison.

No one here can tell you what the judge is going to do or say but doing the 'right thing' will always go in your favor even if you don't get the results you want. Good luck, and be safe.
Thank you give excellent advice!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Probation officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felon81 View Post
This will be my 3 rd violation for the same case. No new charges. I have violated for dirty tests but this time it's for not completing a drug program. I tried to do the program but couldn't do it and left after 4 days. Then I couldn't make it to see my PO because I live in a different county and told her I had no way to get there. Anyways , there will be a bench warrant out for me anyday now and I'm just wondering if they can keep reinstating my probation or if the judge will send me to prision. I should have more county time. I am not Maxed out yet. Oh and if I turn myself in would that lessen my sentence?
Ok, you violated three times. All three violations are substance abuse related. The last one being because you stick it out and left after four days. It's going to be obvious to the judge that you have a serious problem with substances.

How do they do your violations? Go they sent you a hearing date through the mail or what? Turning yourself in before they give you a court date is not the best idea. How were you notified of your first two violations?

There is no such thing as being in county jail for a felony offense. Once you are sentenced to a felony, you are out on parole or put in prison. You can't max out county time on a case that has already been adjudicated. If your probation is revoked, you will go to prison. You better hope that you can find a lawyer that can get you in a inpatient program instead of putting you up. My advice is to try to really convince the court that you need treatment, not prison.

Slim chance, but still possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to 26thncaliswag For This Useful Post:
dedicatedwoman (01-17-2012)
Old 07-16-2011, 11:41 AM

Actually, your wrong. I have had a felony charge this whole time and on each violation I did county time.. The first time I did 2 months and the second time I did 4 mos.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:47 AM
PTO Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,075 Times in 9,091 Posts

Quote:
There is no such thing as being in county jail for a felony offense. Once you are sentenced to a felony, you are out on parole or put in prison. You can't max out county time on a case that has already been adjudicated. If your probation is revoked, you will go to prison.
This must be one area that is state-specific. In ky you can do your time in county if your sentence is short enough....generally one year or less although they are taling about uping the time constaints due to budget cuts and shortages of beds in the prisons. Some (not all) county jails are "full-service" facilites, meaning that they house state inmates. There are fewer programs, less freedom, less items on commissary etc and jail just totally sucks compared to prison. (JMHO)
Old 07-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Probation officer

That's because parole was not revoked. In Illinois, you do go straight back to the state when you violate parole but, you will come back out if they see fit. In you guy's states, they will let you you sit in the County jail. But if they violate you sentence and call it one, you're done. Felon81, don't take that chance. In Chicago, the inmates beg for the prison. I guess it ain't the same where you guys are.