Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > IOWA > Iowa Prison Visitation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Iowa Prison Visitation All information & questions related to visitation in all Iowa facilities should be posted here.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:53 PM

Question Looking for a rider to John Bennett Unit in Ft. Madison,Iowa.

Hello,I am new to this site. I have a fiancee in John Bennett Unit in Ft. Madison,Iowa. I am planning on a trip to Ft Madison next weekend. I am planning on spending the weekend there. My plans are to leave early saturday morning around 5 am and return on sunday. If there is anyone who has a loved one there either Ft Madison or John Bennett Unit and would like to ride along please contact me. I only have room for one person. I ask that you be a licensed driver and no drugs or alcohol. If you are able to help out a little with gas any amount is appreciated. I do live in Des Moines. I will be checking this site for any responses by wed or thurs. I know times are tough and gas prices are high and I am extending a hand out to someone who wants to grab on. Hugs and Kisses
The Following User Says Thank You to Babydoll50 For This Useful Post:
SimplyMe123 (06-19-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2011, 05:41 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 2,317 Times in 1,197 Posts

Welcome Babydoll50, I'm glad you found us but wish we didn't even need to be here! Ah well, that is very kind of you to offer the carpool. I have to post our standard disclaimer so nothing personal! Just have to protect PTO

Hope you have a wonderful visit!

Snowwolf
Old 06-19-2011, 05:46 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 2,317 Times in 1,197 Posts

Disclaimer:

Prison Talk Online cannot accept responsibility for rideshare or carpool arrangements made between members.

Members are advised that they make these arrangements at their own risk and in no way can PTO be held accountable for any problems that arise.

We would like to encourage our members to consider the following precautions when entering into a carpool/rideshare agreement with another member.
  • Before agreeing to carpool, certain issues should be discussed and decisions made. Issues that should be settled immediately include members’ feelings about the radio, conversation, smoking habits and eating.
  • You should also find out whether the vehicle, personal possessions, or clothing of either passengers or driver will contain illegal substances or contraband. This is a very important issue and should be addressed with your fellow travellers. Prisons routinely search vehicles and you should be aware if there is a possibility of something being discovered and action taken. Most states do not allow firearms, cameras or alcohol on prison grounds - do your research, find out what is the local policy.
  • Agree in advance on reimbursement for driving expenses, meals, toll roads, parking fees and so on. Agree on a way of payment and a timescale for payment to happen.
  • If you don’t know your carpooling buddies, feel free to ask them about their driving record. Make sure they have a valid drivers licence.
  • Make your pick-up point a public location until you thoroughly trust the other individual.
  • Use common sense and trust your instincts; with a little preparation carpooling can be very rewarding and often leads to long lasting friendships.
Finally, have a safe journey and enjoy your visits.