Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

ARKANSAS Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Arkansas - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, etc.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:53 AM

Unhappy Act 570 Question

Hi could someone please answer a question for me regarding Act 570. I have read through the Act but I am not understanding alot of it.

Here is a little bit of background info so that you can better understand my question. My husband was released from DCC in April of 2008. He had probation plus which meant that when he served his 270 days that was required, he came out having to still remain on probation. He has been dilligently trying to get his fines paid, but with the slow economy and short hours from work for about a year, he has fallen behind on getting the rest paid. He is due to go off of probation in about a month, but I am scared that he will not get what is left owing paid in time. He hasn't gotten into anymore trouble and has held a stable job for the 3 years he has been out, but we struggle to make ends meat at time, plus with the added stress of having his fine to deal with makes it hard.

My question is under the New Act 570, if he doesn't have all of his fine paid by the time he goes off, what will happen. I don't know if they will do a petition to revoke or not as the probation officer stated to come in on his next appointment and see where he is at and go from there. Does anyone know if they do revoke if he will go back to jail under this New Act 570 or if they will just extend it. The amount we will have left on his next appointment will be about 112.00. That's working his butt off over the next 4 weeks to get it paid down that much. Please someone answer my question or give me a better insight into this Act 570 that I am able to better understand. Thanks

Last edited by DavidsBabyGurl; 06-14-2011 at 09:57 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2011, 02:57 PM

he'll be ok they're really not trying to send people back to prison. yes he does not to pay those fees. he probably won't discharge his sentence until they're paid. he may want to ask his po could he do some community service work to take care of those fines
Old 06-22-2011, 12:28 AM

@bell1234 does act 570 apply to the ones who are locked up now? If so how does it apply?
Old 06-24-2011, 12:38 PM

Thanks Bell1234... We have been in contact with his po officer and he stated that if all fines were not paid by the 8th of July he would do a PTR, so we are working dillegently on getting them paid, with help of family and friends... This has just been a nightmare and I will be glad when it is all over with. They won't let him do community service due to it being restitution that he is behind on
Old 07-26-2011, 10:37 AM

couple of things to consider:

Act 570 is not retroactive, meaning that it applies to those (technically speaking) that are arrested its effective date.

when it comes to a ptr and potential revocation hearing, if you can show that it was not willful and that he has been trying in good faith to pay fines, costs, etc....most judges will not revoke on those grounds.