Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Georgia Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:08 PM

Default Questions about parole, max date and release date

Okay, so my boyfriend was granted parole and was supposed to come home on May 1st but he didn't, he's at georgia diagnostic and classification prison. He sent me a special notification paper that reads "This is to adknowledge your communication of recent date relative to a pending sentence to be served by the above name of the offender upon compeletion of sentence which he is now serving. His maximum release date is july 7th, 2013. Does this mean that he has to stay there until then?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2011, 10:45 PM
PTO Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,541 Times in 9,281 Posts

Breathe! If that is his max date, then yes they can keep him until then. From what you've posted, it sounds like he may have had more than one sentence to be served consecutively. He can clarify with his caseworker, but he should have some idea of his parole eligibility and his outdate.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:50 PM

It's his only offence. The only reason he was granted parole because the judge thought 3 out of 5 years was enough but now they're aren't counting the first year beacuse he hadn't been sentenced yet. So there is a possibility that they could let him out in 2012?
Old 06-17-2011, 10:57 PM
PTO Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,541 Times in 9,281 Posts

If you're talking about jail time, it should be outlined in his sentencing papers if they gave him any "time served" credit. If its in the court papers, but not being counted by the DOC, fax them a copy of the sentencing papers. Just because he served it, doesn't mean it was counted--it should be counted (at least in ky), but may not have been.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:59 PM

I'm in Georgia so it may be different.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGCOGA View Post
I'm in Georgia so it may be different.
My son is in a GA prison. Then judge ordered credit for time served ( county jail) but it wasn't on the final sentencing papers. I had his attorney file an amendment to reflect the credit, and my son has rec'd it. I also thought it was the law in GA and his attorney confirmed it, but I've learned if it isn't in writing, GA doesn't look at it.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:06 PM

In Georgia the law is that an offender must be given credit for every day served for a crime they are convicted of, including time spent in jail waiting for a court date. If they get arrested for something while they are already on parole or probation, it might not count unless it is specifed by the judge. But if it is a new charge and they are not on probation or parole, then it should count. For example, a friend of mine was arrested on March 16, 2011 he had to set in jail for two weeks before he went to court. When he went to court he had a sentence to serve 90 days, and they let him out on June 15, 2011 which is 90 days that started the day he got arrested. My bf got a charge back in 2009, but he was able to make bail. He went to court where he got a sentence to serve one year. He began his sentence on Jan 31, 2011, but he stayed in the county jail until April 28th when the state took custody of him, however, his max out date is Jan 30,2012. I hope this helps.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:54 PM

Hi, everyone my boyfriend is in ga diagnostics state class prison his sentence was 12 serve 3 this is his first time getting in trouble an he was in the county for 14 mths an slipped an fell on some water an broke his arm will he parole out soon he said he will see the parole board tues or weds anyone online can u please give me some advice thank u