Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:21 PM

Default Fmc

Hi
My husband will be transfert to FMC Butner, how is it there? Single room double room. How often can you visit him? Did you talked to the Doctors about you Husband? Thanks Stay behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntGiGi View Post
My husband is at the FMC. He is being transfered to the camp in Atlanta, but has been at Butner for 6 months. I would be happy to answer any questions, if I can.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2009, 02:42 PM

My fiancee is in FCI-Low at Butner. I am here this weekend visiting. What can I help you with?
Old 09-29-2009, 07:58 AM

I too would like to know more about Butner low and med I and II
Old 09-30-2009, 07:09 PM

I just found out I'm to self-surrender at Butner on 10/31. Don't know yet if it will be Low or the Camp, my sentence is 25 months.

Does anyone know if the Camp has space now, and whether they allow contact lenses?

I saw a poster who said she was allowed to take 6 months worth of lenses to a camp, and another who said her husband kept his contacts but had to wait 2 weeks to get solution.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:01 PM

Thank you to those that had any information on butner.My father will be there within the month,in the medical.I hate he is so far away,because I am in Louisiana.I am going to try to fly up there around February and spend a week at a motel and spend as much time with him as I can.Will they let you take any type of pictures of you and your loved one,can you hug them and all.Any other information you have about butner medical is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:09 PM

i was wondering,my dad was in allenwood before and they somehow let somebody take some pictures og him and my mom.is there anyway butner will do that.with his illness there's no gurantee how long we have with him and wanna get some pics.i thought with it being the medical they may do things differently.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:29 PM

Default Typical Butner day

My dad is self reporting in Jan. 2010. He is going to be there for 10 months. What is a typical day like?
Old 11-19-2009, 11:09 PM

Well I called the marshalls Tuesday to find out when my dad's medical flight to go to Butner was scheduled for and was informed he was airflighted on Monday.My dad called yesterday and he says he is a bit more content there.He says it is a decent place,since he has tro be in the system for now.When he was at regional county,in west virginia,they took two of his medications away from him,wasn't giving him his breathing treatments regularly,had him on a pallot on the floor due to over flow and he froze at night.He said he is not oging through any of that now.He said they are alot nice at Butner,that he can handle this.I am making plans to go up to North Carolina soon and spend a week up there to spend as much time with him in that as possible.I just have a question,is there any way of htaking any pictures.There is always a chance he will not make it home because of his illness and I would like to try to get some pictures of my dad with his young grandbaby
Old 11-20-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmTalhah View Post
So thankfully for my family my husband was sent to Butner. Anyone familiar with it there? What is it like? What is the visitation like and is it set up for kids pretty well?
I am very familiar with Butner. I visit twice a week for the past 18 months. There are actually 4 facilities there, seperate prisons. Butner FMC, Medium 1, Medium 2 and the Camp. With very few exceptions, the staff there is super. Visitation is very child friendly, however, they only allow powdered milk in for the babies. Please let me know which facility your husband is in. I visit Butner Low, also known as LSCI. There are toys for the children, vending machines and microwaves (2) for heating food. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I live locally here. Are you in NC?

Old 11-20-2009, 12:59 PM

Default First visit to Butner FMC

My brother was transferred to Butner FMC on November 9 from Loretto FCI. My family and I are traveling from the Pittsburgh, PA area to Butner this evening for the weekend. Can anyone tell me anything about the medical facility, visiting, places to stay in the area, anything all would help
Old 12-08-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmTalhah View Post
We went a week ago. It was a nice visit. Much more laid back than I had expected.

I live in NC about 2 hours from Raleigh, by the beach.
Did he actually have to serve 85% of his sentence? trying to calculate sentence!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:21 PM

We are looking at requesting a transfer to Butner next year (its only 2 hours away which would be great!!) Does anybody know when they are supposed to be getting email at the Medium facilities?? And can you sit next to each other during visit, hold hands, etc....any info would be great!! Thanks!!

Old 03-26-2010, 03:30 PM

Default Butner NC FCI

Can anyone give me any information about the Federal Correctional Institution in Butner NC? My son is trying to be transfered there to be closer to home and because they have the drug program that he needs there. Any information about it would be appreciated so much. He is in Edgefield sc now and I just want to see if anyone can tell me if this one in Butner is any better/ worse. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:20 AM

Spent 2 year at Butner Camp and as far is prisons go it is probably the best. The food is pretty good (even compares to street food), the guards for the most part are friendly and laid back. Local college comes on to the institution and a college education is available. Excellent medical care. Livings conditions are a little crowded and noisy but extremely clean. Overall, as far as prison goes, not a bad experience
Old 04-20-2010, 10:46 PM

A good friend of mine arrived at Butner low last week and it's been helpful to read these posts. Anyone familiar with this facility, please post your experiences. I will be happy to share any information once I hear from him and/or visit.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:59 PM

I am a researcher, looking for family members of prisoners in Butner Medium I. Please send me a message if you can chat for a few moments outside the forum. Would greatly appreciate speaking with you. - Liz
Old 04-21-2010, 03:35 PM

Default Butner researcher

Hi Dave,

I'm trying to speak with people who spent time in Butner, especially Butner Medium I. Would you be willing to tell me about your experience and whether you know anyone from Butner MEdium I?

If so, please write back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo Dave View Post
I was in the LOW security for 4 years in Butner, NC. It is full of sex offenders and snitches. But as far as problems, none. Only 1 person was stabbed in the 4 years I was there. They have excellent college courses, classes and trade school. Not alot of drugs, violence or sex (THANK GOD) The visiting is pretty good. Not alot for the kids, but usually seeing "Daddy" keeps them entertained. The UNICOR there makes military clothes and pays quite well. After my first year I was making $300 to $400 a month.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:39 PM

Default Your friend in Butner

Hello,

I'm a researcher working on an article about Butner. Do you know which facility your friend is in? I'm looking for MEdium I.

- Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2sandwiches View Post
I have a friend in Butner and he says the staff is ok. They don't go out of their way to make your stay any more unpleasant, like some places. All in all, he says Butners a good place to do time.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:20 PM

Default Butner Visitation

I dont know if Im posting in the right place. My honey was at butner for about the last yr of is 12 yr bid. I was going there from 08/2008-02/2009. I went about 2 to 3 times a week. The COs are cool the visitation is everyday but but tues and wed. Mon and weekends are int he morning and thurs and fri are at night. I had fun when i went there. We were able to talk and touch and just be ourselves. He had been there for a bit before i started going to see him so he knew all the COs and who was an ass and who wasnt. Everytime it was hard to leave but i knew he wasnt suffering. My honey told me that there are chomos and snithes there. He is on a drug charge NOT a snitch or CHOMO..... We broke up when he got out bc i just couldnt deal with the stress of a relationship bc he was in a HWH in PR.... PUERTO RICO... He got out got locked up about 4 months later on a gun charge (they are just going to violate him, he copped out and they are giving him time served which is about 8 month so far but total he has to do 14 months.) We got about 6 more months to go the feds are coming to get him to take him to FCC Coleman... Low... hopefully... we are hoping he gets there. Then hopefully we will live happily ever after. Personally i hope Coleman is like Butner...if it is then this will be an easy bid... if not... KILL ME NOW lol.... hope this helped...
Old 06-11-2010, 03:03 PM

My man just got transferred to Butner Low. I'm from Massachusetts so if anyone could give me info on hotels that are close, airport info, and rental cars I would appreciate!! Thanks.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:35 PM

Default Butner Camp

I was in Butner Camp for several months if anyone has any questions.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:40 AM

Default info on Butner Medium II?

Hi, can anyone please tell me about visiting at Butner Medium II? In particular, will my BF and I be able to hold hands? Also, if we are traveling 8+ hours, might we be able to visit both Sat. and Sun.? Any additional info about the conditions and general vibe of the place would be great. My BF's phone account has not activated yet and we feel in the dark... Many thanks!

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

--Audrey Hepburn

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
--Abraham Lincoln
The Following User Says Thank You to curlygrrrl For This Useful Post:
tolong (07-09-2010)
Old 07-09-2010, 11:35 AM

OMG Curly..I was just about to PM you to post these ??'s. When your BF's phone is active he will also be able to give you answers.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:48 AM

what is it that they say about great minds, and all that???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolong View Post
OMG Curly..I was just about to PM you to post these ??'s. When your BF's phone is active he will also be able to give you answers.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

--Audrey Hepburn

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
--Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-18-2010, 07:57 AM
I luv my brother

How is Butner Low for SO's? Is there an RDAP program at Butner Low?