Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:19 AM

Default Why do they transfer inmates so much?/He's been moved 4 times!

My husband has been transferred to4 different units in the past 2 days can n e one tell me y,??? He started at fort Stocktonjail then middelton then Huntsvilletdc now he's in Darrington ..u think he will b transferd again n y?!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4ll4ztxf1n3z
My husband has been transferred to4 different units in the past 2 days can n e one tell me y,??? He started at fort Stocktonjail then middelton then Huntsvilletdc now he's in Darrington ..u think he will b transferd again n y?!!
Great now he's in Garza west
Old 05-27-2011, 10:38 AM

They move them where the beds are, until they reach the unit that they are assigned to - their ID unit. You can call the information line and ask if he is now at his ID unit or not.

When inmates are moved, they catch the chain busses. These go on a route via several units depending on the inmates that need to be moved. If an inmate doesnt get to his final location in a single day, he will get a bed in some other unit and then get back on the chain the following day (unless they spend the weekend in transit).

TDCJ can move an inmate as many times as they want or need to in the first 2 years of the sentence until they get to their ID unit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to airmiles For This Useful Post:
britecloud (05-29-2011), Renee (05-27-2011)
Old 05-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Banned

I asked my wife a very similar question recently why she always gets moved within her unit, I see in some states inmates have the same cell and cell mate for years but in TDCJ it changes weekly. She tells me because of their stupid classification rules people are always being moved within the same unit regardless that you've been there for years. Why do these people need to make things so complicated? Idiots!
Old 05-27-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmiles
They move them where the beds are, until they reach the unit that they are assigned to - their ID unit. You can call the information line and ask if he is now at his ID unit or not.

When inmates are moved, they catch the chain busses. These go on a route via several units depending on the inmates that need to be moved. If an inmate doesnt get to his final location in a single day, he will get a bed in some other unit and then get back on the chain the following day (unless they spend the weekend in transit).

TDCJ can move an inmate as many times as they want or need to in the first 2 years of the sentence until they get to their ID unit.
I called the info line and he is now in Garza west unit they have moved him about 5 times now!! Well I just found out the longest he could b at fort Stocktonjail was 2 yrs n that's y he's getting transferred but y make so many stops?! They should take him directly to his assigned unit right?! According to Tdc he don't have a assigned unit yet its been 2 days he's been in transit ugh I hate the system
Old 05-27-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back12draft
I asked my wife a very similar question recently why she always gets moved within her unit, I see in some states inmates have the same cell and cell mate for years but in TDCJ it changes weekly. She tells me because of their stupid classification rules people are always being moved within the same unit regardless that you've been there for years. Why do these people need to make things so complicated? Idiots!
They just make it worse cuz then inmates have to get used to new ppl allllll over again tdcj is retarded if u ask me :/
Old 05-27-2011, 05:54 PM

Fort Stocktonjail Middletonunit Huntsvilletdc Byrd unit Darrington now in Garzawest I just called n he will b moved in the morning but they don't know where! Y so much moving!!! Hmm I wonder if they're trying to get him closer to Mexico LOL
Old 05-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4ll4ztxf1n3z View Post
Fort Stocktonjail Middletonunit Huntsvilletdc Byrd unit Darrington now in Garzawest I just called n he will b moved in the morning but they don't know where! Y so much moving!!! Hmm I wonder if they're trying to get him closer to Mexico LOL
It seems like he's taking the Texas Tour to get to his assigned unit. Unfortunately, there's no direct way for him to go straight there and it typical is unit to unit until he gets to his assigned unit. It just goes with It can take awhile for him to arrive there depending on where he's going. They have to drop off and pick-up him and other inmates along the way and according to who is going where and on what route. That's pretty much why all the transferring form unit to unit. Hopefully wherever he winds up it will be for quite some time. It sucks to deal with the moving but it's apart of being in TDCJ.

Luckily, all the mail catches up to his when he gets to the assigned unit. Also, he can send out mail as well--if he has correspondence materials and they let him have his property.

My husband did the Texas Tour a couple of months after he went in to TDCJ. It sucked and it worried me to death but after awhile I just realize nothing is for granted at TDCJ. He did mail out letters along the way to keep me informed on what's going on.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 05-28-2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrasil

It seems like he's taking the Texas Tour to get to his assigned unit. Unfortunately, there's no direct way for him to go straight there and it typical is unit to unit until he gets to his assigned unit. It just goes with It can take awhile for him to arrive there depending on where he's going. They have to drop off and pick-up him and other inmates along the way and according to who is going where and on what route. That's pretty much why all the transferring form unit to unit. Hopefully wherever he winds up it will be for quite some time. It sucks to deal with the moving but it's apart of being in TDCJ.

Luckily, all the mail catches up to his when he gets to the assigned unit. Also, he can send out mail as well--if he has correspondence materials and they let him have his property.

My husband did the Texas Tour a couple of months after he went in to TDCJ. It sucked and it worried me to death but after awhile I just realize nothing is for granted at TDCJ. He did mail out letters along the way to keep me informed on what's going on.

Good luck and keep us posted!
I will thanx ..I am constantly checking on his status 24/7 sometimes I don't even sleep just thinking if he will ever come home he has been to jail since he was 17 now he's 26 in n out of jail I have 3 kids wit him n my 7 yr old always asks wen will he be home n I have no explanation for him breaks my heart I hope this Texas tour ends soon!!! Thanx for ur help
The Following User Says Thank You to d4ll4ztxf1n3z For This Useful Post:
JPrasil (05-30-2011)
Old 05-28-2011, 03:08 AM
Loving and Longing

Having gotten used to TDCJ over the last 5 yrs, I know how frustrating it can be... The fact is that someone in Classification does know what his destination is - it's not that no one knows where he's headed... It's for the security of the transport buses & routes they will not tell anyone where he's headed (or put his destination on the locator) until he gets there. So that nobody tries to hi-jack them in route. You also need to keep in mind that he isn't the only person on the bus, there's probably 5-15 (or so) other guys that are also in route and they are picking up and dropping off as they go, depending on who's going where. Just be patient, I know it sucks, but it will be OK
Old 05-28-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmnclt_gurl
Having gotten used to TDCJ over the last 5 yrs, I know how frustrating it can be... The fact is that someone in Classification does know what his destination is - it's not that no one knows where he's headed... It's for the security of the transport buses & routes they will not tell anyone where he's headed (or put his destination on the locator) until he gets there. So that nobody tries to hi-jack them in route. You also need to keep in mind that he isn't the only person on the bus, there's probably 5-15 (or so) other guys that are also in route and they are picking up and dropping off as they go, depending on who's going where. Just be patient, I know it sucks, but it will be OK
O ok now I understand y they don't tell me where he's going thanku very much for that info!!!
grmnclt_gurl (05-29-2011)
Old 05-29-2011, 04:13 AM
Loving and Longing

No Problem I know it's the "not knowing" that sux most of all.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:11 AM
1 Day at a Time

Thanked 1,862 Times in 1,022 Posts

If its any comfort, every time my son was moved he was told where, why and when throughout the trip, so I'm guessing your loved one also knows ... he just can't communicate with you. Just know he's as safe as possible.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,313 Times in 670 Posts

Make sure you put money on his books. OCASIONALLY they get lucky and hit commissary during the tour . . . deodorant, stamps, toothpaste and the like become desperate needs.

Mine spent about 6 weeks on the tour and didn't get ANY of his meds or to see a doc; he has two chronic (could become life-threatening without treatment) medical needs . . . I framed the letter from the ombudsman's office that said TDCJ messed up, but that didn't matter. He FINALLY got the last of his meds reinstated about 18 months after he went in.

Keep the faith . . .

Old 05-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Account Closed

Hey! I just want to check to see how it worked out. ???? I hope he made it to his destination by now!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Hey! I just want to check to see how it worked out. ???? I hope he made it to his destination by now!
He is actually further away from home now he is in the briscoe unit idk n e thing about that unit but I hope he stays there and no more transferring will b done I hope!! He hasn't wrote me so I'm kinda just waiting I guess
Old 06-01-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara1947
Make sure you put money on his books. OCASIONALLY they get lucky and hit commissary during the tour . . . deodorant, stamps, toothpaste and the like become desperate needs.

Mine spent about 6 weeks on the tour and didn't get ANY of his meds or to see a doc; he has two chronic (could become life-threatening without treatment) medical needs . . . I framed the letter from the ombudsman's office that said TDCJ messed up, but that didn't matter. He FINALLY got the last of his meds reinstated about 18 months after he went in.

Keep the faith . . .
Thanku for ur words of advice I really appreciate it. I just hope he comes home soon cuz I'm just a young mother out here barely trying to make it wit our kids ..isn't that against the law them not getting there meds??
Old 06-01-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilcoMom
If its any comfort, every time my son was moved he was told where, why and when throughout the trip, so I'm guessing your loved one also knows ... he just can't communicate with you. Just know he's as safe as possible.
I'm pretty sure he does but I don't like the worries of us not knowing ..how is ur son doing?? Is he still getting transfers?
Old 06-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
He is actually further away from home now he is in the briscoe unit idk n e thing about that unit but I hope he stays there and no more transferring will b done I hope!! He hasn't wrote me so I'm kinda just waiting I guess

Aww, that sucks that he's further away. I hope that's his assigned unit. I hope you're able to get information about the Briscoe Unit. I'm not sure how active the forum is for that specific unit but hopefully you can get some questions/concerns answered and perhaps someone can give you information on this post. Maybe there is opportunities he can take up while at this unit . I am sure once he gets access to writing materials he will write and let you know about why he was transferred and about the unit itself. I pray it all works out for you him and you! And, I pray that you receive a letter *mail dance* for you!
Old 06-05-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:

Aww, that sucks that he's further away. I hope that's his assigned unit. I hope you're able to get information about the Briscoe Unit. I'm not sure how active the forum is for that specific unit but hopefully you can get some questions/concerns answered and perhaps someone can give you information on this post. Maybe there is opportunities he can take up while at this unit . I am sure once he gets access to writing materials he will write and let you know about why he was transferred and about the unit itself. I pray it all works out for you him and you! And, I pray that you receive a letter *mail dance* for you!
Heyyyyy thanx for the prayers!!! They have seemed to wrk!!! He has write to me!!! It seems that is his assigned unit but so far all I no is its hot in there tundra again for ur prayers!!! Xoxo
JPrasil (06-05-2011)
Old 06-05-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4ll4ztxf1n3z

Heyyyyy thanx for the prayers!!! They have seemed to wrk!!! He has write to me!!! It seems that is his assigned unit but so far all I no is its hot in there tundra again for ur prayers!!! Xoxo
I meant thanx not tundra LOL sorry I'm on my cell
Old 06-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Glad to hear you received a letter! Yay! I feel you there on the AC and it being hot. The season that we all dreaded it finally here and now all I can hope is that it goes by fast so we can get to Fall and perhaps cooler weather. The way time seems to fly this year it's possible. Sucks that he will be so far away but on the bright side when you two are able to have visits you get extended visits!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:

Glad to hear you received a letter! Yay! I feel you there on the AC and it being hot. The season that we all dreaded it finally here and now all I can hope is that it goes by fast so we can get to Fall and perhaps cooler weather. The way time seems to fly this year it's possible. Sucks that he will be so far away but on the bright side when you two are able to have visits you get extended visits!
Yes that's what I love the most the extended visits! ! I will post more info soon on that unit thx again!!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:59 PM
julylady58

Default Moving

I dont know why they move inmates around; they moved mine after he was in Wayne Scott Unit in Angleton (I live in Galveston) for 2 yrs, to the Walls and then Beto 1 Unit up in Anderson County (200 miles away). I raised Hell and they moved him back to the Walls Unit and then Wayne Scott Unit and it took them 3 mos to give him his typewriter they confiscated back! That was in February. Then in May they moved him back to the Walls and then to Pack One Unit in Navasota, where he is now. They still have not shipped his personal property to him there! The people at WS do not like us, because we filed grievance after grievance for the filthiness of the place, the food, the state of the unit.... Pack One Unit seems to be better than WS was!

Then
Quote: