Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Oklahoma Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Oklahoma prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:30 PM

Default Global Tel Link?

Has anyone ever had phone calls not come through and then been told it is because there were to many inmates using the phones and that is why they didn't get connected?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2011, 08:33 PM

No, I can't say that I have. My problem is that my phone calls get cut short, or I can't hear him or vice versa. OR that it won't allow me to press the number to be connected.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:02 AM
waiting on my heart

Juli,

this happens to us ALL the time. It'll let me pay for the call, but won't allow me to hear anything.

Of course, getting a refund is next to IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Everyday is one day closer....

Old 05-09-2011, 11:13 AM

That happened to us. For two days it would ring on his end, but not on mine, and then when he did finally get through, it kept saying we had no funds available, or our number didn't accept these calls. Of course after calling every number i was given or transferred to, nobody knows anything, hmmm...
Old 05-10-2011, 07:19 PM

Thanks for the responses. We are getting through now but there are these spots where we can't hear each other. We were having a horrible time for awhile where the connections were so bad that our voices were warbled and unintelligible YET the 60 second warning was quite clear. GTL tried to tell me it was the facility phones! I could possibly believe that if it wasn't a GTL recording from out of state that was coming through clear. What I have heard is the reason the calls are so poor is because they are over the internet. Perhaps it's time to contact the BBB. The "free world" would not put up with this with the rates we pay.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:32 AM

That could very well be. I have a couple family members who have the internet phone called majic jack, and it does that warbling thing too. They sound like a robot or computer, and then they are just gone. And, you're right, we shouldn't have to deal with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to hissapphirestar For This Useful Post:
julirw (05-11-2011)
Old 05-11-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julirw View Post
Thanks for the responses. We are getting through now but there are these spots where we can't hear each other. We were having a horrible time for awhile where the connections were so bad that our voices were warbled and unintelligible YET the 60 second warning was quite clear. GTL tried to tell me it was the facility phones! I could possibly believe that if it wasn't a GTL recording from out of state that was coming through clear. What I have heard is the reason the calls are so poor is because they are over the internet. Perhaps it's time to contact the BBB. The "free world" would not put up with this with the rates we pay.
I, for one, have made a complaint on GTL to the BBB.

The specifics of mine were based on a few things, although not the connection quality. My complaint was specific to the $4.95 fee per $25.00 credit card charge (which is a $9.00 fee on a $50.00 charge). Yes, i realize that fee can be avoided when you mail a check in advance, which I usually do, BUT, that is an unreasonable and excessive fee (and in this day and age when the majority of payments are made online or via credit card it shouldn't be tolerated). I also complained that they processed the mailed payments intentionally slow in order to put a customer in the position to "need" the credit card option, and thus rake in the fee.

Interestingly enough, after my complaint was posted to the BBB, my mailed checks are now processed extremely quickly.

I agree that the free world would not tolerate these business practices. I would not do business with this company if I had a choice. But alas, I currently have no choice...

Last edited by He'sMyBabyLove; 05-11-2011 at 08:35 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to He'sMyBabyLove For This Useful Post:
Anewme25 (05-12-2011), julirw (05-11-2011)
Old 05-11-2011, 01:16 PM
waiting on my heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by He'sMyBabyLove View Post
I, for one, have made a complaint on GTL to the BBB.

The specifics of mine were based on a few things, although not the connection quality. My complaint was specific to the $4.95 fee per $25.00 credit card charge (which is a $9.00 fee on a $50.00 charge). Yes, i realize that fee can be avoided when you mail a check in advance, which I usually do, BUT, that is an unreasonable and excessive fee (and in this day and age when the majority of payments are made online or via credit card it shouldn't be tolerated). I also complained that they processed the mailed payments intentionally slow in order to put a customer in the position to "need" the credit card option, and thus rake in the fee.

Interestingly enough, after my complaint was posted to the BBB, my mailed checks are now processed extremely quickly.

I agree that the free world would not tolerate these business practices. I would not do business with this company if I had a choice. But alas, I currently have no choice...
I have done the same with ATI (county jails use them) and now they don't have "service fees" they have "usage taxes" (which are the exact same $ amount!)

@ Juli - a lot of times there are "BAD" phones at the facility... Jeff has finally learned which ones to use and which ones to avoid. Tell Ric to try the phones closest to the "laundry room" in his unit. They are almost always the best phones. Also, on rainy nights, the phones get a muffled tone to them - he just has to learn how to position his mouth to make sure it comes in clearly. For $4/call you'd think the phones would be working properly.

Everyday is one day closer....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anmyers For This Useful Post:
JKB's Girl (05-11-2011), julirw (05-11-2011)
Old 05-13-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Has anyone ever had phone calls not come through and then been told it is because there were to many inmates using the phones and that is why they didn't get connected?
Haven't heard that one,but will be talking and then the phone shuts off with no warning. it takes my hubby two or three tries to get thru sometimes! ugh! GTL sucks big time!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to angelface55 For This Useful Post:
Freddies~Girl (06-27-2011)
Old 06-26-2011, 06:54 AM

Default GTL Contact Information

We are having problems recently with the phones just not connecting. Our phone rings, we pick up and nothing. This has just started happening. These are calls from Lexington Correctional Center. Does anyone by chance have a name and phone number for someone in GTL that you can talk to that will listen? How about at Lexington, know anyone there that will listen?
Old 06-27-2011, 05:40 PM

adad, I posted on another website and ended up with the following contact info. The response I got from GTL in the past was have the inmate complain to staff. He said it doesn't do any good. Now I have been waiting for a month and a half for the statement that they promised to have sent to me! I just don't get how any business can take your money for a service on a regular basis and not send a statement or receipt. I've been busy with other things and not followed up again.... Sigh.
Below is a list of various GTL staff numbers and email addresses, including their Mobile, Alabama main office and Reston, Virginia corporate office phone numbers. (Keep scrolling for email addresses)

Alabama Main Office

Global Tel Link Corporation
2609 Cameron St, Mobile, AL 36607
251-479-4500
251-473-4588 (Fax)

877-650-4249 Customer Service
877-650-4250 Customer Service
866-230-7761 Customer Service
251-473-4588 Customer Service (Fax)
800-231-0193 Customer Service (Existing Advance Pay Accounts)
800-483-8314 Customer Service (Automated Advance Pay Account Set-Up)
800-839-0230 Calling Card Access Number (For Use With a Prepaid GTL Calling Card After Release From Custody)

Craig R. Ferguson, President
cferguson@gtl.net (cferguson@gtl.net)

Teresa Ridgeway, Senior Vice President of Administration
tridgeway@gtl.net (tridgeway@gtl.net)

Lynda Gaston, Legal and Regulatory Analyst
251-479-4500 ext. 2215
lgaston@gtl.net (lgaston@gtl.net) or
Lynda.Gaston@gtl.net (Lynda.Gaston@gtl.net)

Margaret Phillips, Executive Director of Billing Services
251-375-8026 or
800-489-4500 ext. 2226
866-237-7928 (Fax)
Margaret.Phillips@gtl.net (Margaret.Phillips@gtl.net)

Joshlyn Witherspoon, Billing Services Support Lead Representative
800-489-4500 ext. 2280 or
251-479-4500 ext. 2280
251-473-2802 (Fax)
jwitherspoon@gtl.net (jwitherspoon@gtl.net)

Fredricka Schribling, Customer Service Representative
800-489-4500 ext. 2420

Denisce DeLeon, Servicio al Cliente en Español (Spanish Customer Service)
Denisce.Deleon@gtl.net (Denisce.Deleon@gtl.net)

Virginia Corporate Office

Global Tel Link Corporation
12021 Sunset Hills Road, Suite 100
Reston, VA 21090
703-955-3910 or
703-774-3320

Brian Oliver, Chief Executive Officer
703-955-3910, then # for company directory, then 65
Brian.Oliver@gtl.net (Brian.Oliver@gtl.net)

Jeffrey Haidinger, President of Services
703-955-3910, then # for company directory, then 42
Jeffrey.Haidinger@gtl.net (Jeffrey.Haidinger@gtl.net)

Dorothy Cukier, Corporate Counsel & Director of Regulatory Affairs
703-955-3915 or
703-774-3320 ext. 3915
703-435-0980 (Fax)
dcukier@gtl.net (dcukier@gtl.net) or
Dorothy.Cukier@gtl.net (Dorothy.Cukier@gtl.net)

Nicole Francis, Legal and Regulatory Analyst
703-774-3314 or
703-955-3310 ext. 3314
703-435-0980 (Fax)
nfrancis@gtl.net (nfrancis@gtl.net) or
Nicole.Francis@gtl.net (Nicole.Francis@gtl.net)

Therese Easley, Legal and Regulatory Analyst
703-774-3318 or
703-774-3320 ext. 3318
Therese.Easley@gtl.net (Therese.Easley@gtl.net)
Old 07-15-2011, 09:54 PM

They're messed up at Jess Dunn then too, cause the same thing is happening when I answer the phone. It's really making me mad!
Old 07-16-2011, 10:27 PM

I spoke with Ms. Witherspoon on 7-7, she said I would receive a statement in 7-10 days. Have a few more days. Darn phones are so fuzzy we spend most of the time saying "huh?" "What?", "say again?" SUCKS!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to julirw For This Useful Post:
ghostsbabygirl (07-29-2011)
Old 07-25-2011, 11:21 AM

On our's it sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown...All i wanna do is have a conversation without repeating myself 5 times.

The Following User Says Thank You to hissapphirestar For This Useful Post:
julirw (07-25-2011)
Old 07-25-2011, 10:14 PM

Thats what my guy says! The weird part is when the 60 second notice comes up it is clear as a bell.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:04 AM

I just got off the phone from GTL and I got the run around as usual. I had $98.00 on the phone last night,today when my husband called, we had $88.00. It took him three trys to get thru last night of which GTL charged for and the calls cut off after pushing zero. They said I had to get A land line to use so that wouldn't happen. My cell phone never drops calls except with their company and I told them that! i told them what A rip off their company is and how they were taking advantage of people thru their services. I also told them I was going to report them to the better business bureau and then file A report with the attorney Generals office for the scams they use on people. I encourage everyone else to do the same! Jerks! Flood the better business bureau and attorney generals office with complaints then maybe they will do something about their rip off scams. We are financially strapped anyway with loved ones incarcerated anyway,they just add to it. The almighty dollar is all they are concerned with! Fighting Mad!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:12 AM

OOps,forgot to put in this morning we had $88.00 on our account With GTL. They are the biggest rip offs in history! My husband is getting so frustrated,and I can't afford A land line and cell phone both! He has reported the garbled,non working phones there,never gets A response! Crabtree could care less! But they sure don't mind charging absorbant prices on the canteen for things you get half price in the free world! $30.00 for A tiny fan that usually burns up in 30 days, $300.00 for A 15 inch flat screen t.v.,$120.00 for A $40.00 MP3 player that they charge $1.50 to download songs on. They are making big bucks off Inmates,or I should say,their families. I'm sick of it! I'll be glad when hubby gets home so he won't have to put up with that crap anymore. I'm praying it will be soon!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:36 AM
ghostsbabygirl

GTL once told me that if I hang up before 1 min and report the problem they will refund the amount. How true? Don't know. I hate GTL and the constant repeating we did or only one side could hear the other. That was a great waste of money!
Old 08-05-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
I spoke with Ms. Witherspoon on 7-7, she said I would receive a statement in 7-10 days. Have a few more days. Darn phones are so fuzzy we spend most of the time saying "huh?" "What?", "say again?" SUCKS!!!
Juli: did you know you can view your GTL account activity online now? You can set up an online account at offenderconnect.com. You can then view all your call activity online ~ a virtual "paperless statement".

The "paper(full) statements" cost $2.50 according to the options that you can choose from when you set up the online account.

I believe this is a somewhat new option. I just found it today; and set myself up an online login. And was able to immediately see my past calling activity.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:18 PM

I have been lucky and had great phone calls from WSKCC. I hate the price thou. These people are making money off all this stuff. Insane the costs of things.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:16 PM

Has anyone had any luck setting up service with global tel with a prepaid cell phone. Ive faxed everything they asked for and im still getting the run around. My husband is at fortch wade cc in keithville la.i read online that all louisiana doc are handled through gt now. Argh!!! It wont even allow me to set up a prepaid service account with them and offender conncet said they dont handle la doc!!! Im so frustrated.any suggestions???
Old 08-13-2011, 02:39 PM
memissinghim2010

I have a set up account through global tel link and I didnt have to send them any kind of information I just called the 1-800 number and set it up..I dont understand why they are asking you to fax them things that is crazy