Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > UTAH > Utah Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Utah Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Utah should be posted here.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:31 PM

Default Draper parole hearings

My husband's hearing is coming up soon and I want to have as many as possible there to support him... does anyone know how bid the rooms are? How many people would be able to get in?

I don't know that I'd be able to fill the room, we're up to almost 15 people now, but it would be nice to fill it up
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkc View Post
My husband's hearing is coming up soon and I want to have as many as possible there to support him... does anyone know how bid the rooms are? How many people would be able to get in?

I don't know that I'd be able to fill the room, we're up to almost 15 people now, but it would be nice to fill it up
15 will be more then enough to show lots of support. That is great.

Good luck, I hope it goes well for him.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:52 PM

Thanks... I hope it goes well too. My goal for today is to make it through work without throwing up or crying, I'm REALLY nervous about this. I like knowing what will happen and being able to plan things, but the whole system is just so unpredictable. There are so many different things that could happen. He's talked to people with the same charges that have gotten anything from immediate parole to a 10 year re-hearing at their first hearing.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Thanks... I hope it goes well too. My goal for today is to make it through work without throwing up or crying, I'm REALLY nervous about this. I like knowing what will happen and being able to plan things, but the whole system is just so unpredictable. There are so many different things that could happen. He's talked to people with the same charges that have gotten anything from immediate parole to a 10 year re-hearing at their first hearing.
I feel the same way about not being able to plan. We have a release date of Oct. 22 2011, but we have known all along that when he completes the ConQuest program he could get a time cut. So, this entire time we have really never known when he will be coming home. He special appearing with the BOP should go in today. So, hopefully we will finally have a final release date. We are asking for an immediate release. Sense he has completed everything the state has asked him to do.

The one thing I have learned through all of this is. ANYTHING can happen at these hearings. Do you know what his Matrix is right now?
Old 04-24-2011, 11:59 PM

He's got about 6 years left on his matrix. (Because the judge said consecutive, before the sentencing no one thought he'd go to prison, much less get consecutive terms. We all thought it would just be jail time.) A couple case workers have also said they don't think he''ll serve that long. From what I can tell the average is about 2-3 years, but some do much more and some much less.

The hearing was Thursday. The hearing officer said he's doing great, that he expects he'll do fine once released, but that his victim doesn't want him to be released yet, so nothing else matters, then he said he's going to recommend another 8 years!!

I'm so glad the decision is not up to the hearing officer and am hoping the board sees how wrong and unfair that recommendation is. He is ready to come home and justice can be served just fine without having him there any longer.

On the plus side I've lost 5 pounds over the last 4 days! Hopefully we find out soon what the decision is so I can calm down a little. I really, really, don't want to do this for another 8 years. But the thought of never being with him again is even harder than the thought of waiting 8 more years for it to happen.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:52 PM

Quote:
He's got about 6 years left on his matrix. (Because the judge said consecutive, before the sentencing no one thought he'd go to prison, much less get consecutive terms. We all thought it would just be jail time.) A couple case workers have also said they don't think he''ll serve that long. From what I can tell the average is about 2-3 years, but some do much more and some much less.

The hearing was Thursday. The hearing officer said he's doing great, that he expects he'll do fine once released, but that his victim doesn't want him to be released yet, so nothing else matters, then he said he's going to recommend another 8 years!!

I'm so glad the decision is not up to the hearing officer and am hoping the board sees how wrong and unfair that recommendation is. He is ready to come home and justice can be served just fine without having him there any longer.

On the plus side I've lost 5 pounds over the last 4 days! Hopefully we find out soon what the decision is so I can calm down a little. I really, really, don't want to do this for another 8 years. But the thought of never being with him again is even harder than the thought of waiting 8 more years for it to happen.
The hearing officer does not have the final say but they do generally follow the hearing officers recommendation. They followed it EXACTLY in out case. Even though it has way more then we expected too. I hope he doesn't have to do another 8 years.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:57 PM

They agreed with the recommendation... it just doesn't make any sense. Everything was perfect, they said he was doing great, but then 8 more years? I don't get it.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
They agreed with the recommendation... it just doesn't make any sense. Everything was perfect, they said he was doing great, but then 8 more years? I don't get it.
I don't get what they do either. Or special hearing did not go well either. His caseworker and head of the drug program recommended a 6 month time cut and would have recommended more, but he only has 6 months left and they only cut 2 months. They complain about overcrowding but don't do anything to fix it. GRRRRRRR
Old 05-02-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FletchersDaddy View Post
I don't get what they do either. Or special hearing did not go well either. His caseworker and head of the drug program recommended a 6 month time cut and would have recommended more, but he only has 6 months left and they only cut 2 months. They complain about overcrowding but don't do anything to fix it. GRRRRRRR
That's ridiculous, you'd thing they should trust the recomendations of the people who see them more regularly, the ones who actually work with them.

My husband's first case worker said he thought H would be there about 3 years, the second caseworker said 2-3, and the third one, who he had for a week before the parole app was done, said he should expect a re-hearing, but not for too far out, maybe another year or so.

There's no reason they need to be overcrowded, they are choosing to be crowded just to keep getting more money to keep themselves in business.

I used to think it was rare for someone to get screwed over by the system, that most people probably got what they deserved. But, the more I have to deal with the system, both dealing with my husband's case and hearing about other people, the more I think they really just don't care, don't know what they are doing, and that a lot of it is really just random luck.