Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of New Jersey, including lockdowns.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Life Lovin
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,235 Times in 1,383 Posts
Default NJSP Mail Room Not Delivering Mail

NJSP does not have enough employees to deliver mail to inmates on a regular basis. Mail delivery has almost come to a complete stand still. If anyone has any further info please post it here.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Life Lovin
Donation Award 

I guess they are delivering some mail, just not all of it. There are baskets and baskets (shopping cart sized baskets) full of mail that need to be handed out. Out going mail is taking a lot longer as well, but it is eventually getting mailed.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:12 PM

The mail in NJSP must still be at a statnd still, I have written my BF 5 times and have not received a letter back yet. The last letter I received from him was dated June 1. Has anyone else still not been receiving their mail?
Old 07-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Life Lovin
Donation Award 

The mail at NJSP is up and running again. It is taking a while, but the guys are receiving it. I'd call the social worker for his unit and ask if he is ok.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:54 PM

From what I have come to understand...mail is getting in but it is not coming out. I told my fiance I want a letter and he tells me how I should have one but the last one was early June, he says he's ready to freak out on someone and I told him it wasn't worth losing getting to talk period. This situation really pisses me off though; I'm going away to school in under a month and because NJSP won't let you call cellphones I'll only have letters to communicate until December or so. It's frustrating!
Old 07-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Life Lovin
Donation Award 

I am getting mail from NJSP just fine. I'd call the mailroom and explain the situation to them. There may be a problem with one of the computer systems. we've ran into this a time or two.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:00 AM

Default NJSP Mail Delivery

I just spoke to a friend of mine and her husband has written her 3 letters and she has yet to receive them. They are both in NJ. The mail is at a standstill again. I sent out a postcard on 28 Aug and he just got it a week and half ago. SMDH!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Life Lovin
Donation Award 

Thanks for posting this... My guy isn't getting his mail either. It's quite irritating!! I am getting his outgoing mail, but its taking over a week for me to receive when it usually takes 4-4-5 days.

Last edited by Tina; 10-02-2011 at 11:17 AM..
Old 10-07-2011, 02:26 PM

My husband isn't getting mail either
Old 10-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Life Lovin
Donation Award 

I sent mail to my man and he got it today. It just seems to be running a bit slower than normal.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:29 AM

I think the bottom line is unfortunately mail is unpredictable. I had it "calculated" that it takes about 2 weeks for my Love to receive mail from me from the date I send it and sometimes its more and sometimes (rarely) it's within a week. I consistently get mail from him a week from when he mails it. SO.....I don't know. Hang in there ya'll!!! OH one random thing I can share is that I know they can get mail everyday of the week unlike us, meaning no mail on Sunday's for us---they can receive it.

4ever
Old 11-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Life Lovin
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juni's Jeva View Post
I think the bottom line is unfortunately mail is unpredictable. I had it "calculated" that it takes about 2 weeks for my Love to receive mail from me from the date I send it and sometimes its more and sometimes (rarely) it's within a week. I consistently get mail from him a week from when he mails it. SO.....I don't know. Hang in there ya'll!!! OH one random thing I can share is that I know they can get mail everyday of the week unlike us, meaning no mail on Sunday's for us---they can receive it.
Mail every day of the week? Imma ask my love about this. I dont think my man has ever been housed anywhere where they hand out mail that regularly. Maybe they're getting there act together?? Ya, not gettin my hopes up lol.

Last edited by Tina; 11-13-2011 at 03:38 PM..