Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss issues regarding Alderson, Bryan, or Carswell, please visit that facility's subforum in the Federal forum.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:35 PM
He's my Alice

Question Corrlinks Cost????

Does anyone know how much corrlinks actually costs?
I've read on here some people say 5 cents a minute. I know J says it's 5 cents a credit. Well what the hell does that mean?? Lol. If it is 5 cents a minute- does that count him reading what I write him? Or only what he types back to me? Minutes seems strange...not very standard. What if some people aren't very good typists? He told me he put 17 dollars on and got 340 credits. But those credits seem to be dwindling down awfully fast. I cant find anywhere "official" that says how much they are and he doesnt have any idea!
Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Email's the only way we keep our sanity!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,747 Times in 1,768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danidiah View Post
I've read on here some people say 5 cents a minute. I know J says it's 5 cents a credit. Well what the hell does that mean?? Lol. If it is 5 cents a minute- does that count him reading what I write him? Or only what he types back to me? Minutes seems strange...not very standard. What if some people aren't very good typists? He told me he put 17 dollars on and got 340 credits. But those credits seem to be dwindling down awfully fast. I cant find anywhere "official" that says how much they are and he doesnt have any idea!
Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Email's the only way we keep our sanity!
Because your loved one is in a Federal facility, there is no cost TO YOU on your end. He has to pay on his end. Its 5 cents a minute for him to sit down and write you an email.
However, I'm not sure if that time counts when he is reading, It may, because they have to sign in...I'm not sure but I will ask my Man when he calls me in about an hour or so, and I will deffinatly get you an answer.

Last edited by LadyBlackz; 04-08-2011 at 07:53 PM..
Old 04-08-2011, 09:42 PM

It is 5 cents a minute for them to write us and any info anyone can get on if it charges them to read what we write will be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,747 Times in 1,768 Posts

Ok I asked today at visit, my man says YES they charge them even to read. It's as soon as they sit down and log in to the system.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:27 AM
He's my Alice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBlackz View Post
Ok I asked today at visit, my man says YES they charge them even to read. It's as soon as they sit down and log in to the system.

oh goodness, that seems like a rip off! Well I guess it would be to our benefit to not write super long letters then....hmmm well thanks for the info!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danidiah For This Useful Post:
LadyBlackz (04-10-2011), Vixen311 (05-20-2011)
Old 04-10-2011, 07:33 AM

It is a rip off, there only interested in making money grrrrrrrr........
Old 04-10-2011, 09:01 AM

This is probably a ridiculous question: but, are they allowed to print the emails?
Old 04-10-2011, 09:13 AM

Corrlinks is like a phone carrier. You can buy so much time for $2,$5,$10 etc. My friends write alot of emails and it really depends on how many emails you write. Prisoner enters the information and then the receiving person can accept or decline. Then that person needs to check at Corrlinks.com perodically. It is a nice way to stay in touch. Does that help?
Quote:
Old 04-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Donation Award 

Yes they can print out the emails........but then there is a charge for that also! i forget at the moment how much it is to print out emails.

The Following User Says Thank You to kutia For This Useful Post:
LRamos4552 (04-10-2011)
Old 04-16-2011, 04:47 PM

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,177 Times in 2,539 Posts

Yay, one more way for all of us to spend extra money. Seems kind of overkill to me. I could see using it once in awhile but if they charge for the time for our LO's to even READ a message, I think that's a load of crap.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Account Closed

I think email is money well spent especially when something needs discussed with some speed.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:27 AM

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,177 Times in 2,539 Posts

Good point...I'm just to the point where I'm tired of Jail charging me for everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterThedog View Post
I think email is money well spent especially when something needs discussed with some speed.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:51 PM

I am tired of how they charge for everythings too...but it is a similar system to how they charge for computer or internet time in the free world. When I travel on business and sometimes have to pay to use a computer in a hotel for example...they charge for time...from the time you log on to the time you log off. Does not matter how fast you type of look things up or how slow you are...it is per time you are on...no matter what you do while you are on there.

The one question I have had is .. are they paying for the time I take on my end. Sometimes I get interrupted and leave the email for a few minutes and then go back to the email I am writing to my brother. Is that costing him more time? :Lately I've tried to be just as quick as I can in case, but would love to know this.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:08 PM

They charge them the first moment they log on untill they log off doesnt matter if they are just reading emails they still charge cause J says to me he has to be quick at reading my emails otherwise it eats up his minutes, they dont pay for the time on your end only on theirs but i hate it cause he doesn have much money
Old 04-17-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Yes. He is charged for reading/ responding/sending mail. You're not.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:12 AM

Since it is 5 cents a minute to read and reply it can be spendy. My guy has finally graduated from one finger typing...lol. When he sees that I sent him a long e-mail...he prints it, and reads it once it is printed. It is an invaluable "lifeline" and well worth every penny that I am sending so he can buy units.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:55 AM

Mine as well has graduated from finger pecking. Lol!! Speaking of Corrlinks-time to check it before I leave for work. Have a good day everyone!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHP View Post
Since it is 5 cents a minute to read and reply it can be spendy. My guy has finally graduated from one finger typing...lol. When he sees that I sent him a long e-mail...he prints it, and reads it once it is printed. It is an invaluable "lifeline" and well worth every penny that I am sending so he can buy units.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:11 PM

Default 5 cents a minute

Hi,
I was in a camp; just got out in December. It is $.05 a minute from the time you log on until you log off. That includes reading and writing. It can REALLY get expensive. I was spending $60 to $70 a month on emails and the same on the phone. It certainly wasn't cheap!
Hope that helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms.G For This Useful Post:
MiniMoose (04-18-2011)
Old 04-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Account Closed

I have a question. Is 20 a good ant to send? Does anyone know how many units that would be? My guy doesn't want me to send him $ so he wont tell me but he's going to be miserable i can hear it in his voice and our phone minutes are split between his fam. Although corrlinks works my nerves, its a good thing to have.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:37 PM
He's my Alice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHP View Post
Printing it and reading it- that's a really good idea! I'll have to bring that up to J. Im sure it would save us money- and there are many times I ask a question in the middle of an email and he doesnt answer it cause he doesnt have time ro reread it multiple times. Good idea! thanks!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:32 PM

Default Fed FCI Victoville

Hi All

My friend tells me he gets 300 mins on the phone a month, does anyone know when they get them, is it the same date each month?

Also we email too, does the email time he spends count as part of his call minutes? meaning he has to split his 300 mins between the emails and phone calls?

Or is email time as much as he wants as long as he can pay for it?

thanks
Old 05-09-2011, 01:22 PM
He's my Alice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutedevil View Post
Hi All

My friend tells me he gets 300 mins on the phone a month, does anyone know when they get them, is it the same date each month?

Also we email too, does the email time he spends count as part of his call minutes? meaning he has to split his 300 mins between the emails and phone calls?

thanks
They get them the same date each month. Not sure when- usually somewhere near the beginning. j gets em on the 1st. I think it has something to do with their inmate number.
no emailing time doesnt count as part of the phone time. 300 min just on the phone. he can email as much as he wants as long as he can afford it.
The Following User Says Thank You to danidiah For This Useful Post:
cutedevil (05-20-2011)
Old 05-10-2011, 12:51 AM

Hello. I'm very new to this website. Just got signed up to Corrlinks. I understand they get charged from when they log on to when they log off, whether they're reading or writing emails. Can anyone please tell me how much it costs the inmate to print an email (per page)? Also, if they log on and don't have any messages to read, do they get charged for that time? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:01 AM
His rib...his Queen...

Quote:
Hi All

thanks
Same time each month, but it is different for everybody. You might just ask your friend when their minutes validate each month.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:07 AM
His rib...his Queen...

Quote:
Hi All

thanks
Same time each month, but it is different for everybody. You might just ask your friend when their minutes validate each month. I know B told me they are allowed 30 minutes at a time on the computer & then I think it cuts them off. Not positive.
Phone minutes & email minutes are all separate.
cutedevil (05-20-2011)